Video Features

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Remove Featured Broadcast.

I don't want to see a featured broadcast when I go to twitch. An option to remove it would be nice.

220 votes
    Sign in Sign in with OpenID Connect
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

86 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Monetization for Non Partners on Twitch, so that the small channels have a little Revenue Stream :)

Monetization for Partners and Non Twitch Partners on Videos.
    So that also the smaller Channels have a small Revenue Stream from their videos.

172 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Make Uploaded videos more visible

Right now Twitch's interface makes uploaded videos almost invisible. In order to find uploaded videos, you either have to find them at the bottom of the search results or, when in a specific game, you need to go to a separate "uploaded" videos tab.

While I do not want to suggest specifically stealing from Youtube, I think an interface redesign needs to be considered to make uploaded videos more visible. I think that the focus should be on what's live, but that there should still be quite a bit of visibility added to the uploaded videos in both search results…

150 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    In Review  ·  Allan Hui responded

Agreed, we’re working to make discovery of uploaded videos much easier.

4. Subfolder for Highlights

Hello.

My Suggestion is that there should be Subfolder in our Highlights. Why? So I have a lot of Highlights from many different games and to find some Highlights is pretty annoying because of scrolling, so a perfect solution for that would be if we have Subfolders per game for every Highlight.

So User can click on the "Hearthstone Folder" is they search for a good Hearthstone Match, or they click on the "Fifa Folder" for Best Goals and so on...

I think that would make the Highlight Section more comfortable for everyone :)

Thank you.

115 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Highlights  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Enable/Disable option for autoplay feature in past broadcasts

Hey, I watch alot of past broadcasts and I don't quite understand why we're all being forced to use this option. It might be good with short videos like on other platforms, but on here it's more painfull than useful.

Me and probably many other people watch them while going to sleep. So If you wake up and there are random streams marked (auto play plays random pb's for me), it's hard to remember what you actually watched.
    I also noticed that it doesn't always shows what's going to be played next https://gyazo.com/838517e196f50c6d757a3f6d9b1a9a3d .

I really hope you implement this…

102 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  VODs (past broadcasts)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow video uploads without first premiering them

Twitch removed the ability to upload prerecorded videos via the Video Manager without first premiering them. Please reintroduce this function. I would like to upload a highlight reel to Twitch instead of using YouTube for that function. Thank you.

97 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Make smaller channels get recognized easier than the larger channels.

On the Homepage show smaller channels instead of bigger channels so virtually everyone can get followers easily.

76 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Like and Dislike

-Like Button
    -Dislike Button

71 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Monetization System for Uploaders

Twitch partners streams are currently monetized so I feel uploads should be monetized as well in some, ideally through ads and Twitch Prime.

68 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Uploads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    In Review  ·  Catherine Hsiao responded

Thanks for the feedback! This is something we have been looking into but it will take some time, please be patient!

10. I would like a way to more easily transfer my Youtube videos to Twitch

I got over 3000 videos on my Youtube channel and would like to transfer them to Twitch, but to re upload them would take forever. So a quick transfer would save time and get all my videos here.

56 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Uploads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. A Proper Dashboard

Right now, the only ways of notifying your followers of an upload are through e-mail and channel feed. Not everyone wants to spam their followers e-mails (potentially causing them to drift away) and not everybody uses channel feed. There should be a proper dashboard that displays all the videos that have been recently uploaded from the broadcasters you follow, and only uploads. Currently, if you go to a channels videos, you have to specifically filter for "uploads," otherwise they're lost in the sea of 100's of VOD's and highlights. In this dashboard, there should also be discovery mechanisms. IE: Popular…

53 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

In Review  ·  2 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. YouTube Importing

It would be nice for those people choosing to migrate exclusively to Twitch Uploads if they could import their videos from services like YouTube without having to reupload all of them or "start over" from scratch, especially for those with several hundred videos to bring over.

49 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Include a Video Editor

Sometimes we need to edit our videos before publishing it such as cut or add some scenes. But right now our only option is to upload after edited. An editor such as the one that YouTube uses will be great. We will be able to add background music, CC, subtitles, transition and things like that. And also community contribution of CC and subtitles too.

46 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Higher max. bitrate for everyone including NON-Partners.

To put it simple: I'd like to stream my 1080p60 gameplay in better quality.

My guess is that everyone would like to do it.

For example: YouTube Gaming's recommended bitrate ranges from 4,500 to 9,000 kbps for 1080p60. Here we can use up to 3,100 without having fear that the stream will stutter a lot for the viewers.

Would be awesome if we could get it here as well. Along with Quality options.

As a NON-partner.

Give us a chance to grow our channels with quality from the beginning.

42 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Show the time remaining while uploading

It's very helpful to know how much time is left until your video is going to be uploaded. Especially when it's processing. My video has been processing for a while now and I have no idea when to expect it to go up.

40 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. A Channel Intro Video

Isn't it just great if you could keep a video forever as some sort of channel "trademark" or "ads" which could use to attract more viewers, followers or subscribers? Just a short video that you can grab viewers' heart which will appear on the channel page when not broadcasting or hosting.

40 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Watch Later Queue

It'd be great to be able to add content to a queue that I can then watch later, in the order it was added, at my convenience.

40 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Great idea, we definitely want to work on making the viewing experience better. How often would you say you add things to watch later, and when do you usually return to watch things that you have saved?

18. Search clips by keywords

Currently there is no effective way to search through clips other than top all time, 30 days, and 7 days.
    -You should be able to search through clips by keyword.

For example, if you're trying to find rage clips on a channel or game you should be able to search clips by the keyword "rage". Any clips with rage in the title should show up.

36 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Upload Multiple Videos sequential

Would be gread if we could pull more than one file to the upload field and then all the videos will be sequential uploaded.

35 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback, we understand bulk upload needs and are looking into requirements. How many videos do you think you will upload at a time, and how often will you upload multiple videos?

20. Youtube is bullyng content creators, save us Twitch

I noticed youtube is ruining the job of his content creators. Subscribers just can't have videos of their favourite youtubers in home for sure, they will get it only if videos are superclicked. Subscribing to them is useless, clicking the fucking bell seems to be useless as well. If i want to know if someone posted a video today, the only way is manually open his channel. This is bloody ridicolous, nobody likes it. Youtubers are damaged by it, viewers are damaged by it. Only clickbait channels are ok with that mechanic, so youtube is becoming the land of clickbaiting,…

34 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 19 20
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base