Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Video Features

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Video Features

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Twitch partners streams are currently monetized so I feel uploads should be monetized as well in some, ideally through ads and Twitch Prime.

89 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Uploads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Planned  ·  Catherine Hsiao responded

Thanks for the feedback! This is something we have been looking into but it will take some time, please be patient!

2. I'm just uploading a single Video with just 1.9 GB. Upload is 5 times slower than to youtube. It's rediculous slow.

I have a stable 10 mBit-Upload connection. Twitch jumps between 2000 and 9000 and every 3-4 Minutes there is a buffer of 5 minutes, where simply nothing happens.

Fix it. It's really awkward that your upload is slower than on other third party sites like vid.me.

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Uploads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. My video has been stuck processing for hours. I've tried multiple times to upload in Safari and Chrome and it always gets stuck processing. The video is a 1 hour stream in .flv format from OBS and is 1.8 gb. Please help

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

36 comments  ·  Uploads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Such a feature would make it easier for viewers to find what they are looking for content-wise, and for broadcasters if they need to find a pre-existing video or collection to edit or delete.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Uploads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Would there be a way to optimize the upload of videos from your end? It seems like both the Upload and Processing times of the new service seems greatly reduced. Also, not having a loading bar for the processing to take place is slightly irritating as someone who wants to use this feature.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Uploads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Had a frustrating experience as I keep getting hits and tips to add video/clips. I incorrectly assumed I could upload a video to achieve this, but I can't since I'm not affiliate status yet. Some sort of indication on the Upload video page would be nice. I eventually found the documentation about affiliate status and uploading in an unrelated document, but I had to dig to find it.

Also there is a lot of "how-to" videos and docs on Twitch around uploading that is now out of date. Please update for better user experience, please.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Uploads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Since today (April 20th, 2017) or maybe even a few days (haven't used the feature since Monday), whenever I want to upload a thumbnail to one of my uploaded videos, I no preview appears in the thumbnail preview windows. If I want to save the video, I get an error message saying "Missing required parameter crop_x". I didn't check if this also applies to highlights/past broadcasts, but at least on the uploaded videos this error appears no matter how often I try.

Browser: Firefox 53.0 (64 bit)

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Uploads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Hello maybe faster processing of videos after the upload...
    Maybe it is an bug...I dont know but I think it is really slow processing

greetings!

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Uploads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. I cant upload videos..i click on video producer..i don't see that 'up arrow' button i used to see when i wanted to upload a video..is there a limit to upload videos? i already got like 77 videos..i keep on refreshing thinking its my net issue but i don't think it is..is that option moved somewhere?

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. This error has been going on for years and Twitch hasn't bothered to fix it. everywhere i look to find a way to upload it without an error i get the same problem with different people. I know it goes as far back as 2016 cause thats the earliest I've found it on (/r/Twitch) Some have found solutions like going Incognito or deleting your history,cookies,caches,etc. I unfortunately have not found a solution and have even gone as far as emailing Twitch customer support with no reply. If anyone can help or fix the errors then please let me know. The…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Hello, it would be cool, that you could "save" some videos in a "folder" to watch later.

Let me explain it.

In my experience, before going to bed i search for a VoD, video, clips, etc, to watch on the phone on bed. The problem i find, is that i have to manually type the video on my phone to get the exact video.

My idea, was that you could create a Watch later playlist, with auto queue, similar to the youtube one, i think a lot of people like in my situation would appreciate that.

As i said on…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. would be nice to have an option to recover videos ereased accidentaly

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Uploads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. I just finished my very first stream ever, and I had a viewer who had to leave shortly before it ended and wanted to watch it tomorrow. But when I went to look for it, it was gone because my option to store past broadcasts wasn't checked. Now it's lost forever, and it's all because of that **** setting! Please set it to "on" as the default so that future streamers don't have to go through this as well.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. This is really bad! I can't edit this without spending forever trying to edit out all the corrupted parts of my videos every other cut. I know that you all don't have the bandwidth to re-encode every highlight that is edited but at least have it time the keyframes better. It makes vlc explode and not even mkv can play some of these files right...

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. So I would like to add two new divisions of the website.

Adding past broadcasts into a separate archive and revamping the video uploads functions into a third archive (clips, highlights and uploads). All now placed into separate discoverablity sections of the website.

So at the moment everything is jumbled on the platform and user channels.

From a channel perspective it would be as simple as adding these into separate tabs, eg the about and schedule tabs.
    That way you can drive more static video content creators to the platform. A rejig and rebranding of the highlights and clips features…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. when i finish the stream, i looked at the video format and i have 15 videos from 1 stream. It also cuts my stream of early on the videos, so when i do an outro and end the stream, on the video its 5 mins behind and ends before i do an outro!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Twitch is keeping all the clip preview images all in the server even though it has deleted by the user or the streamer. Please remove all the preview images that already has been deleted. It is all showing up in google and I have been sending this complaining for almost 3 month and haven't got any reply from the twitch.
    What is the reason to keep all the preview images that streamer deleted for purpose?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Pourquoi on peut plus mettre de vidéos sur Twitch ? Du coup, dans le Studio Vidéo ce serait bien de mettre la possibilité de faire un seul temps fort à partir de plusieurs rediffusions...

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)