Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Video Features

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Video Features

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

623 results found

1. VOD's need a drastic update! How do you expect that users upload videos if even the past broadcast function doesent work properly?

A couple feature that we are in desperate need of:

• General stability update
    • On the fly rewind
    • VOD search (Title) for viewers
    • VOD ratings systems (viewers can vote 1-5 stars)
    • Viewer VOD Ranking (depending on rating)
    • Skip muted parts (setting)
    • remove the commentary function
    • mobile download cache (look at VOD's offline)
    1,038 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Streams should be able to encode audio into separate audio channels, so that users can independently mix/select audio for each channel. For example, one channel could be music, another could be the streamer's voice, and another for the game/application's audio. In this example, if you were already playing music that you wanted to listen to, you could disable the streamer's music. Or, if you have trouble hearing the streamer's voice, you could turn that up. Or, if you don't want to hear the streamer or music, you could mute them and just listen to the game. I think it would…

963 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Audio only option for pc. I know that they have this option on the twitch app, and i would want to see this on pc as well. Sometimes 1080p 60fps and 720p 60fps streams (without quality options) can result in high temps for laptops. Not to mention that this benefits people who want to hear the stream in the background without having to load the video portion of the stream.

533 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. As people can now edit their clips to fit in vertical shape these could either be uploaded to twitch and then being able to watch them via the app or website in a scrollable fashion akin to what tiktok is doing.

Hashtags are already a thing and can be used to search like categories.

This could make discoverability on twitch way better as viewing clips right now is just totally cumbersome.

Could even just apply coordinates from the cutouts streamers are doing and applied in realtime to the clips.

Just something to make clips way more impactful on twitch itself…

430 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

51 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Relevant Update  ·  Ana responded

We recently announced the upcoming launch of the Twitch Discovery Feed: a scrollable feed in the Twitch app that shows users a personalized mix of Clips. 

Before that launch happens, we’ll be running experiments with limited versions of the Discovery Feed to help test and improve our algorithms plus the overall experience. These early experiments do not reflect the final design or experience of the Discovery Feed. 

We'd love to hear your feedback and suggestions on how to improve this experience as we build towards the bigger launch. Feedback can be left via https://link.twitch.tv/UVDiscoveryFeed - thank you!

5. Hey, I watch alot of past broadcasts and I don't quite understand why we're all being forced to use this option. It might be good with short videos like on other platforms, but on here it's more painfull than useful.

Me and probably many other people watch them while going to sleep. So If you wake up and there are random streams marked (auto play plays random pb's for me), it's hard to remember what you actually watched.
    I also noticed that it doesn't always shows what's going to be played next https://gyazo.com/838517e196f50c6d757a3f6d9b1a9a3d .

I really hope you implement this…

358 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. There are currently whispers that Twitch is planning to remove the rerun feature. I can provide a reasonable case why this feature should remain. I'm sure there are many communities who utilise this feature to come together and watch broadcasts outside of their time-zone, and have seen as much from twitter. I, and many others, view reruns for a different reason. We're a part of Reckful's community, many in our community only interact in chat during the reruns his Editors put on for us from time to time.

Not only do these reruns facilitate us to remember and celebrate the…

313 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

36 comments  ·  Reruns  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I request that the 100 collection limit be removed or raised.

A channel can have an infinite amount of videos uploaded / highlighted / clipped, but can only organise them into 100 playlists. Once you've played 100+ games, you're out of luck.

For variety streamers who play many different games and would like their content to be accessible and organised, this limit has forced alternative options (like off-site re-uploading / messy collection systems).

I would like to keep my community ON Twitch, and I would like ALL content that I've made remain in one place, organised, rather than providing various…

313 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Live vs Reruns

i think it should be made cleared when a chanel is on a rerun, it shouldn't say "LIVE"
    A way that i think they could help new streamers, or lew viewercount streamers overall is to have two subcategories, Live and Reruns.
    this would let streamers that are live have a chance to grow.

on the asmr category it's getting out of hands the amount of reruns, youtubecompilations and bots. and we can't do anything about it too. i've reported multiple channels but they are still there, even getting into front page. it's sad to see how the…

260 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

70 comments  ·  Reruns  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Right now Twitch's interface makes uploaded videos almost invisible. In order to find uploaded videos, you either have to find them at the bottom of the search results or, when in a specific game, you need to go to a separate "uploaded" videos tab.

While I do not want to suggest specifically stealing from Youtube, I think an interface redesign needs to be considered to make uploaded videos more visible. I think that the focus should be on what's live, but that there should still be quite a bit of visibility added to the uploaded videos in both search results…

224 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Planned  ·  Allan Hui responded

Agreed, we’re working to make discovery of uploaded videos much easier.

10. It would be nice if you could edit or add a Category to existing Clips on Twitch.

Example No. 1: A lot of my clips on my channel had their category removed, after the game category "Deponia: The Complete Journey" got removed from Twitch. If it would be possible to edit categories on clips, these clips wont be categoryless anymore.

Example No. 2: Imagine a VOD, where someone plays two games. Lets call them "GAMEONE" and "GAMETWO" for orientation. If the VOD is live and a clip is created, it get the category of the game which is currently live.…

199 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

58 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Some viewers may notice up to three new buttons below the video player of live channels: Rewind the Stream, Remind Me, and Watch Trailer.

We're rolling out this update for testing purposes, to help inform future features. This experiment is expected to last one month.

We'd love to hear your thoughts and suggestions. We look forward to hearing your feedback!

173 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Hello.

My Suggestion is that there should be Subfolder in our Highlights. Why? So I have a lot of Highlights from many different games and to find some Highlights is pretty annoying because of scrolling, so a perfect solution for that would be if we have Subfolders per game for every Highlight.

So User can click on the "Hearthstone Folder" is they search for a good Hearthstone Match, or they click on the "Fifa Folder" for Best Goals and so on...

I think that would make the Highlight Section more comfortable for everyone :)

Thank you.

158 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Highlights  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. The way it would work:
    There would be a button with the Clip/Options/Theater Etc. settings that would look like this http://i.imgur.com/zA5KDxa.png (quick 5am mockup). When you click the button, it will timestamp the VOD and take you to that moment when the VOD has been uploaded.
    Maybe there's a separate page on your profile where you can manage your "Watch Later" links; with a VOD link OR maybe you get a twitch message from a bot with a link to it?
    I'm not 100% sure if this has been submitted before or if there's a way to do this as…

155 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Streamers love when viewers create clips, because it makes it easy to share small stream highlights without having to look through their entire VOD later. These clips are extremely valuable for streamer growth, and it'd be great to reward viewers for creating great clips!

Also it should be up to the streamer to choose which clips get rewarded, not just every clip.

Moments are halfway there, but those can only be created live by either the streamer or their mods, which only rewards viewers for being there rather than for creating clips.

In addition to this, there are some streamers…

146 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Whenever someone wants to watch VODs they can't enjoy the duel screen experience properly of popout twitch chat. Theather mode forces you to have the chat next to the video AND on the same monitor. Please let us pop out the chat on VODs.

Please give us VODboys some love.

130 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. The ability to create chapters within your VODs post-stream

There are instances where a change in stream title & category doesn't register with your stream. In cases, like so it makes it difficult for viewers to find the select point where you stream segment they want to watch is.

If created after your stream is done you would be able to go into the video mangager/editor and create select chapters in order to better organize a VOD for viewer consumption.

125 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. It would be nice for those people choosing to migrate exclusively to Twitch Uploads if they could import their videos from services like YouTube without having to reupload all of them or "start over" from scratch, especially for those with several hundred videos to bring over.

119 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Uploads  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Sometimes when I'm watching VoDs there's a part where the streamer disconnected, and a placeholder screen appears (the NotLikeThis screen, from what I informed). When the streamer reconnected in the VoD, the people in chat appears to still see the streamer as being disconnected, and seems to notice the streamer going back online a few minutes later. After that, the chat and the video is out of sync for the rest of the VoD, with chat reacting to events that happened several minutes ago in the video.

After browsing around and witnessing multiple streams from my favourite streamers, it turns…

117 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I would love to be able to auto export my VODs to YouTube. I know it's a 3rd party platform and we already have a way to export manually but a auto export feature would save time!

Maybe have it have "general settings" where you can public/private the VOD or just have it automatic upload to private on YouTube if setup by the streamer!

Just an idea
    Vaughn

108 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Exports  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. If I make a clip there is only one button to publish the clip.

Suggestions:
    1. Abort button (I miss-click sometimes and need to delete an unwanted clip manually)
    2. Save for later (If someone don't want to publish the clip yet or make it private)

Admin audit: added "(Cancel / Save for Later)" to title for ease of idea discoverability

106 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 31 32
  • Don't see your idea?