Ads

1. If a channel raids another channel the raiders shouldn't be greeted by an ad

When a channel raids another channel the raiding viewers shouldn't be greeted by an ad immediately. It disrupts the fun flow of things for the raiding viewers, and can disrupt the flow of users sending raid messages as a collective whole. It also entices raiding viewers to abort the raid on their end by closing their browser to avoid the ad. It's damaging more than helpful.

14 votes
    Sign in Sign in with OpenID Connect
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ad revenue for partners

Because of the large degree of lurk teams and point grabbing teams with empty viewership, I’m proposing a change to the ad sharing for partners relative to unique chatters and viewers as a combined total.

I also suggest no ads for twitch Prime users to promote more people having prime, and ads not showing on raids or embeds to eliminate some of the hollow viewing that also put Facebook into trouble with advertisers; then up the revenue sharing for the partners to match.

To some level this will minimize those without communities/porting lurkteams (I was in one yesterday for 10min…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. With amazon prime no longer giving ad free twitch, twitch prime needs to step up and offer more value

Most people hate advertisements in this day and age. Twitch is a very in the moment platform. Being interrupted with an ad really impacts the stream. Viewers lose communication with the streamer, and even if the streamer explicitly states they are going to run an ad, they get nominal money from the ad at the huge risk of losing viewership.

A couple proposals to remedy this:

1. Do not play ads when swapping channels (causes stagnation of viewer bases) instead do a banner ad. (like for mobile users, minimally invasive and doesn’t affect the flow of the stream)

2. Set…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Stop with the Ads, Bring back Prime users being Ad free!!!

Since this change I've been driven further and further away from Twitch.tv as a platform. I find it ridiculous that the only way to not have to see this annoying Ad spam is by using my ONE prime sub or just not watching content on Twitch.tv. There is a major problem with that approach, and until something changes (and I'm certain thousands of others would agree here), I will no longer be using this platform for my viewing pleasure.I hope you guys get this figured out and find a better solution soon, like putting the Ads responsibility back on individual…

14 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Fix ads for bits

Until a couple of months ago, I could earn anywhere from 5-75 bits per ad watched while watching ads for bits on my pc. That was cool and allowed me to support my favorite streamers.

Then I installed the twitch app on my ipad. Big mistake. After installing the ipad app I was no longer able to watch ads for bits on my pc.

The 'watch ad' button is now permanently grayed-out when I try to watch ads for bits on my pc. I am able to watch ads for bits on my ipad but I only get 2 bits,…

20 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. If I have Amazon/Twitch Prime, stop showing me ads for shows I have seen

Pretty simple and as described in the title.
    If I have Amazon Prime you can obviously track my viewing history, and use it to NOT show me ads for the shows I have seen.

Currently I get about 4 rotating ads (Cloak & Dagger, Hanna, Grand Tour, Jack Ryan).
    Three of these I've already seen, and so whenever I get an ad for them now I just close out the Twitch desktop client and restart it - because that's faster and less annoying than watching the ad to completion.

So maybe you could tone down the ads, or at the…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Stop playing the same ads repeatedly.

I don't need to see your twitch gift ad a million times in a row.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Too Many Repetitive Ads

I understand Twitch makes money through ads, but could you PLEASE use NEW ADS? I'm getting tired of hearing the same 3-4 ads ad nauseum. It's gotten to the point where the ads are making me NOT want to use the product because of how repetive they are.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Ads that bypass Adblock, this just shows how moneyhungry this company really is.

You guys really need to invest time into developing ads that bypass Adblock? Good investment of time, definitly a display of how massive the greed in your company is.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Stop intrusive ads. Ads playing every 10 minutes or less on non-live content is insane.

Why do you guys at Twitch think it's ok to put ads every 5 to 10 minutes when watching a previously recorded stream. I just want to watch content I have missed but I Can't. Please put an end to that. The ads are intrusive enough when you see one in the middle of a live stream when first going there. But repeat ads at live and non-live streams (especially tons and tons of ads every 10 minutes or less during recorded streams that aren't even live is unacceptable.

31 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Ad

The recent increase in ad volume is intolerable - that is why I am no longer going to be using the twitch services - you've gone the way of youtube and they suck with the ads also.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Ad genre

Outside of the sheer volume of ads I have to watch even with a Prime account, please at least make the ads a family friendly genre. I have been repeatedly seeing horror movie trailers and ads and that is not okay. Sometimes I would have to refresh a stream due to buffering issues, and I am on the edge each time, hoping that I won't get that disturbing ad again (but alas, I do).

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Ad Volume

I know that ads are generated to produce an income for the site, totally understandable why you don't want them to be muted or turned down all the way. The volume for ads here lately has been atrocious! Can we find the happy medium with the ads plz!

33 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. TwitchPrime should save you from watching the same ads over and over and over and over and over

I usually do not post in threads or forums, but the recent mandate to force you to watch ads have pissed me off so much that here I am. I am writing this because these ads are just ridiculous. There used to be a time when twitch prime users were not forced to suffer this cruel and indecent punishment. I have twitch prime and I'm currently subscribed to TSM_Viss. Now my experience is all fine and dandy when I watch his channel ,AD FREE, the way watching video games should be. I mean think about it, we are watching people…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Stop those hardcore annoying ads at the beginning of every stream.

Thanks for convert my opportunity to chill in the evening to a freakin annoying experience. I started to avoid buying things on amazon and i rather delete my account then getting prime. Thanks for your effort.

15 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. As per GDPR, personalized ads are supposed to be OPT-IN, not OPT-OUT.

Every time I log in to my account, I am greeted with a possibiltiy to manage personalized ads, and it looks like this: https://i.imgur.com/8HUIhPP.png

By default, everything should be off unless I explicitly state I allow gathering my data.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Way too much ads

We get to see the same ads every 10 mins ???? do you really imagine that people will stick to this platform with this kind of ad spamming ?

Most people use twitch hoping from channels to channels and we get to see the ads every single time. This is plain stupid.

27 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Remove ads from people streaming below a certain viewer amount.

Remove ads from people streaming below a certain viewer amount.

Good god, it's so incredibly frustrating to go to people who have maybe 10-50 viewers, and you get a 30 second unskippable ad. I understand big events having ads, I understand people with 100-500 viewers getting ads. But when I visit a friend who's streaming with 4 viewers, and I get ads, it royally pisses me off. Your ads are becoming more annoying to deal with than YT advertisings.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Get the ad audio volume to be the same as the stream

The volum on ads are way to high, twitch should match the audio on ads match the volum on the stream. soo if a streamer have low sound and you turn up the volum to hear it you don't blow up your speakers when an ad is playing

13 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add 'delay' option for when ads pop up at critical moments

I understand that ads are necessary to support twitch and streamers, and while I don't *like* it, I can deal with it. But one thing is SUPER annoying - when an ad pops up right when something exciting is happening/about to happen and everyone misses the action. At least TV ads have the courtesy to play during breaks - imagine if an ad came on while the super bowl-winning touchdown pass was in the air!

If we can't outright remove or skip ads (understandable), how about having a simple button pop up in a corner of the stream when an…

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Ads

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base