Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Ads

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Ads

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

765 results found

1. JK Rowling is a vocal transphobe and promoting Hogwarts Legacy enriches her, helping her further her anti-trans agenda. Please do not run ads for this game.

506 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Comments Closed  ·  dowski responded

Hey all,

Because of the nature of the comments we will be closing comments on this thread at this time. Voting and showing support for this idea will still be available while comments are closed. Thank you for your understanding on this.

2. The ad manager and 55% revenue split has been very beneficial for me personally, however I think it is only really helpful for a very small portion of streamers. My stream is compartmentalized so that I can fit my content into 1 hour periods (the max period allowed in the scheduler). The overwhelming majority of streamers playing games do not have this ability and in general from my experience most viewers would prefer extended ad breaks more infrequently during BRB periods while the streamer is not playing, than short ads interrupting content frequently.

I think that MANY more streamers could…

184 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Ads Manager  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Creators need tools that customize ad content to improve the ad viewing experience on the platform. It is a serious flaw in the system that creators do not have any input on what ad content is shown to their viewers.

To share what prompted this idea, the other night a viewer informed me that they had been shown an ad for Hogwarts Legacy. This was very upsetting, because my stream has become a haven for marginalized folks on the platform (I myself am a triple minority). The promotion of JK Rowling's media on my stream was very upsetting to my…

324 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Allow users to block ads that have flashing lights. Your advertisers should be marking any videos that have flashing lights that could trigger seizures, migraines, or headaches in users. It's the middle of 2023, this should be an option EVERYWHERE. Adding that one ad that prompted this was an ad that features flashing red warning lights with a couple sitting on a couch seat in a house setting. It has kids with hockey gear. I'll catch the company next time.

66 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Ads Manager  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. When you report an ad, maybe like saying "this isn't relevant to my interests" Stop playing it nonstop after that. Seems like a easy idea and i shouldn't have to suggest it, but your feedback is just a waste of time (At least it certainly feels like it). If I select playback issue and select "this advertisement is not relevant to my interests) (REF: Doordash) then it should play less like on Twitter/X. What is the problem here at Twitch? Seems like you have the technology, Twitter does, and it works, so Twitch should and so you can reasonably determine…

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Today (August 17th) a new feature has apparently rolled out because I have not experienced this before. While watching TeePee, I was keeping my volume on Twitch around 10% as I was doing some other work. When he put his Ad-Roll on (which I don't have a problem with), I was instead BLASTED by Ads sounds overriding the Twitch volume control. I was able to reset it back down, but each subsequent ad turned the volume RIGHT BACK UP.

This is completely unacceptable and forced me to turn off the stream. So if driving away viewers is the goal, then…

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering Interest  ·  Ana responded

Hi, thanks for your feedback!

This status is to let you know your idea has been reviewed. Your idea is open for voting/comments from other Twitch community members. This is a great time to share your idea with others. Learn more about status updates here.

---

For the community: If you like this idea or relate to the feedback provided, please vote on it. If you have any additional thoughts - feel free to add on in the comments.

7. Just a huge idea regarding an extreme annoyance. When I am watching a Twitch video on a channel I am not subscribed to, upon pausing the video I then click play/resume and a new set of Ads appears, even if I just paused the video only a minute ago and just finished a round of Ads. What is this??? This is a bit ridiculous. Does Twitch not have the technology to know that I just watched Ads only a minute ago when I paused the video?

For example, I am watching a gaming channel where I write down strategies, and…

47 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. If a broadcast is tagged for ASMR, myself and many others believe that ad volume should be synced to the broadcast volume (or a standard low volume) as to not jump scare viewers. As a viewer and streamer, it is extremely off putting and a major deterrent. There has to be a way to fix this.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Often times I need to snooze ads while i'm finishing a match while streaming before I can get to my 3m worth of ads to remove my prerolls. While the ad snoozes themselves are extremely useful to me 3 snoozes per stream can be a little lacking especially when you are streaming for 4+ hours.

Having a snooze refresh after hour 3 or 4 of your stream would be highly beneficial to those streamers who use this feature and tend to stream longer.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. If you have blocked or banned someone from your channel, when they come to your channel they no longer can watch the stream. They see nothing but an endless ad roll. They click on a VOD? You can watch it, after these ads. But then the ads never end.

Not to effect timedout users.

Please. Thank you. I love you.

138 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. When a Twitch ad starts, it's really loud even at 1% volume. Until I giggle the volume slider, the current ad lower the volume. BUT when the next ad starts, the ad volume becomes really loud again!!!!!!!! Fix this please

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. So instead of loud ads aimed at more extroverted individuals, allow or strike a deal with companies that create asmr-appropriate ads as they are becoming more commonplace. This would help all parties involved, companies can still profit, streamers won't have to feel guilty for ads that ruin the introverted experience of asmr, and viewers won't have to be rudely awakened from they meditative state with whispered or quiet-spoken ads. It's a win win win win if you are interested in that sort of thing. please and thank you ^.^

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Please remove this garbage ad from Knorr with "keinpart2".
    I'd prefer to not have anybody slurping and chewing loudly into my ears, thanks.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. To prevent viewers being in a situation where they miss live stream content, give users an option to "View ads now instead of on the regular timer schedule", which would then reset the timer. Yes you have to view more ads, but you then are guaranteed ad-free content for the next X amount of time (whatever the current timer is set at for running ads).

i.e. Watching a speedrun, on PB pace, 20 minutes left in the stream, but there's an ad in 15 min. I really don't want to miss the end! I'll just play an ad now, deal…

81 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I am an recovering gambling addict and I hate seeing Fanduel ads and the like on my streams, both as a streamer and a viewer. We should be able to disable certain categories of ads if they are triggering.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Please DO NOT ADVERTISE CRYPTO! It’s repeatedly been a breeding ground for scammers and charlatans.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Stop increasing ad volume when I lower it. Lets not pretend its not intentional.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Everytime a series of ads run on twitch, the volume resets after every ad to an absurdily high volume. If I set the volume down to 0 or 1%, with the original stream volume being at say 50%, the volume of the ad resets to 50% every ad.
    Stupidly annoying.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I was watching a livestream that was literally going to finish in 4-5 min, but instead, I had to endure a 30s ad, 10s ad, 15s ad, 15s ad, 15s ad, 15s ad, 30s ad, 15s ad, 20s ad, and finally a 15s ad. Yup, that's 10 ads in a row totaling 3 min of the end of a livestream!
    A lot is said and can be missed in a short span of 30s, let alone 3 min!!!
    Absolutely unacceptable!
    Yes, money has to be made. But at what detriment to the viewers experience?!

SURPRISING the viewers with a sudden…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Tonight I triggered a 90 second ad break in order to disable prerolls. I was then informed by my guest that my stream was being used to push a crypto.com NFT project.

I cannot, in good conscience, continue to stream on this platform when the content I produce is used to push this. Besides finding the crypto “industry” repugnant, many of my viewers are underage, and would not know better than to buy into a scam. I won’t be the vehicle by which they’re taken advantage of. This is the Twitch “Affiliate” and “Partner” programs, after all - I refuse…

77 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Ads Manager  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 38 39
  • Don't see your idea?