Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Ads

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Ads

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. We are launching a new ad program aimed at providing predictability for your ad revenue. How it works is that you stream for a specific number of hours — while running ads — in exchange for a flat payout. The goal is simple: help you earn a more predictable monthly income through ads, with no ceiling on earning potential. We want to help remove the guesswork of your monthly ad payout. We’ve built it on top of Ads Manager so it is easy to use. Just set your ad schedule and you are ready to go.

The Ads Incentive Program…

148 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Looking for Feedback  ·  150 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Full-screen pre-rolls are a huge obstacle with user experience and streamer discoverability. Users do not want to browse new, unknown streamers because watching a fullscreen 30s ad before getting to check out a streamer is annoying. It's a huge deterrent so users tend to rely on their go-to streamer. Replacing the forced fullscreen preroll with a Stream Display Ad instead will encourage users to once again check out new streamers.

This change would be a massive improvement for both viewers and streamers.

495 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Stream Display Ads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Streamers should have the ability to opt-out of certain ads, particularly military recruitment ads. Some creators may have a younger audience. The streamer should reserve the right to protect that audience. The military ad complex is already vast and has deep roots within Twitch. If a streamer does not want that sort of content on their channel, they should be able to block it. Additionally, this option should be able to be seen publicly. Parents who check their children’s activity might want to be able to know a streamer opts out of Military recruitment ads targeted at minors.

226 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

32 comments  ·  Ad Specific Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I formulated the title drastically because it‘s a serious problem lately happening on Twitch and don’t see that getting addressed from them, at least not in the level as it should.

I said it several times on social media and i also say it here: Twitch is ruining their ads business, constantly and -seems like- willingly:
    - The sheer amount of ads which you face as a viewer of the platform is simply ridiculous
    - You‘ve guys taken the control of the ads out of the hands of the content creators
    - You implement changes to the ad system without…

1,440 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

95 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Nobody wants to watch random ads that block out the stream. Picture-in-picture doesn't work if we only see but not hear the stream during ads. Banners would solve the problem - you get to give us more ads but the stream doesn't get interrupted. I repeat: nobody needs random ads that block the stream. it's not only disruptive for the viewers, but also for the streamer. bad idea, really.

1,122 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

36 comments  ·  Stream Display Ads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. With the testing of Stream Display Ads, many creators are excited to begin using them as an alternative to disruptive full video advertisements. However, because preroll ads are still displaying, the main problem being voiced in my community still isn't being addressed: the disruptive nature of preroll ads.

To quote my friend Kit, a fellow streamer:
    "Those [preroll ads] are so frustrating, especially hopping into a stream from a raid. Missing all the hi's and thank you's and welcomes because I gotta see a 90sec ad about totino's"

Stream Display Ads are a great alternative to full video ads, but…

99 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Stream Display Ads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. bits and subscription audio ads to encourage viewers to sub or use bits

57 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio Ads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. When a streamer runs a block of ads, we select the amount of time we want the ads to run for, and that can be anywhere from 30 seconds to 3 minutes. However when we do that, all the viewer sees is the number of ads left, not the total time left. Since ads vary in length, that doesn't actually tell them how long until they're over.

Speaking for myself, it's pretty much a daily occurance to have someone post a message like "8 ads??" in my chat. And sometimes that number can be in the double digits. If viewers…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I am getting advertisements in channels I'm subscribed to, even in channels where I have a tier 3 subscription. I PAY TO NOT HAVE ADS. Either refund me for every subscription I have because you're FALSE ADVERTISING or STOP IT IMMEDIATELY!

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Pre-Rolls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. When the streamer manually starts an ad, then fine, let the ad run immediately (as the streamer is timing it with their content and are aware people can't hear)

But when it comes to auto ads...
    Pop up in chat for viewers that you have an ad for viewing, and you have like 5 minutes to trigger it when it suits you, the viewer. For example letting the streamer finish their sentence or their round or race, then start the ad when it fits the viewing.

Full screen, muting the stream. But less obtrusive when the user can choose when…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I am a former Alcohol abuser and I really don't appreciate the recent trend of literally every collection of ad's for some of my streams contain ads for alcohol. It seems 1, like a waste of ad space for me, and 2. an annoyance and reminder of a temptation i don't want or need.

It would just be nice to be able to just block ads for drugs/alcohol.

47 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Ad Specific Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I commonly get these stupid purple screens saying that I should disable any adblockers and such in the middle of streams, sometimes multiple in the same stream only 10-15 minutes apart. Each one lasts for SEVERAL minutes, which makes watching streams much more uncomfortable because im missing a lot of content and having to listen and watch nothing. Are these supposed to be midroll ads despite the fact that you guys got rid of them??

104 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

41 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Twitch has rolled out their new automated ad functionality, but I would like to know if there is a way for the ad manager to notify anyone watching the stream (perhaps via a notification at the top of chat, much like channel point challenge/hype train alerts), which would also help any streamer who reads their chat, but isn't looking at their stream manager and ensures me that if I'm telling a long winded story, for instance, that I can take that quick intermission to catch my breath and hydrate.

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Ads Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Streamers who have tagged their channels as "family friendly" should be configured to block adult ads. In particular, ads promoting alcohol.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Ad Specific Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Give us more autonomy in the Ads manager beyond the sliders. Right now in the ads manager we’re confined to sliders however I would love the ability to manually place ad blocks in the ad manger for more precise control on the timing of ads.

Example: I would love to run my ads automatically at the top of every hour on my stream so that I can schedule my breaks then and chat won’t miss out on any action while ads are running but the way the sliders are set up currently doesn’t make this possible. Having the ability to…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Ads Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I'm generally happy to tolerate ads to support the stream and platform, but sometimes ads come up that I never want to see again. Other advertising platforms provide a way for users to indicate that they do not like a particular ad, which prevents it from coming back up. I think this would provide value to advertisers, since it avoids repeatedly showing ads to unreceptive users; streamer s, since undesirable ads are less likely to drive users away from streams; and viewers who will on average see fewer irritating advertisements.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Please give an option to block non-smoking ads. I quit smoking recently and seeing vapes every day when i try to watch twitch isnt helping. SeemsGood. The ads might be helpful for people thinking about quitting but are detrimental for those quitting.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. A 5 second warning before the ad would be deeply appreciated. My voice is very quiet so many of my viewers turn my voice up. A warning can warn them to turn the headphones back down so they dont hurt their ears.

166 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. This morning the front page banner ad is for an NFT/Crypto scam.

There isn't even a place to click the ad to report it as inappropriate when it's the front page banner. Can you do better at vetting the ads you allow on the site? And do a better job at following up on feedback for inappropriate ads?

I don't want to have to see ads for religious groups, NFT scams, etc. but even if I report them, they still show up all the time.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Paying for twitch turbo and getting ads, was fine for a good chunk of time, till today. 4 ads within an hour

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 20 21
  • Don't see your idea?