Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Ads

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Ads

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Full-screen pre-rolls are a huge obstacle with user experience and streamer discoverability. Users do not want to browse new, unknown streamers because watching a fullscreen 30s ad before getting to check out a streamer is annoying. It's a huge deterrent so users tend to rely on their go-to streamer. Replacing the forced fullscreen preroll with a Stream Display Ad instead will encourage users to once again check out new streamers.

This change would be a massive improvement for both viewers and streamers.

430 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

15 comments  ·  Stream Display Ads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I formulated the title drastically because it‘s a serious problem lately happening on Twitch and don’t see that getting addressed from them, at least not in the level as it should.

I said it several times on social media and i also say it here: Twitch is ruining their ads business, constantly and -seems like- willingly:
    - The sheer amount of ads which you face as a viewer of the platform is simply ridiculous
    - You‘ve guys taken the control of the ads out of the hands of the content creators
    - You implement changes to the ad system without…

1,296 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

72 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Nobody wants to watch random ads that block out the stream. Picture-in-picture doesn't work if we only see but not hear the stream during ads. Banners would solve the problem - you get to give us more ads but the stream doesn't get interrupted. I repeat: nobody needs random ads that block the stream. it's not only disruptive for the viewers, but also for the streamer. bad idea, really.

961 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  Stream Display Ads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. With the testing of Stream Display Ads, many creators are excited to begin using them as an alternative to disruptive full video advertisements. However, because preroll ads are still displaying, the main problem being voiced in my community still isn't being addressed: the disruptive nature of preroll ads.

To quote my friend Kit, a fellow streamer:
    "Those [preroll ads] are so frustrating, especially hopping into a stream from a raid. Missing all the hi's and thank you's and welcomes because I gotta see a 90sec ad about totino's"

Stream Display Ads are a great alternative to full video ads, but…

81 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Stream Display Ads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Streamers should have the ability to opt-out of certain ads, particularly military recruitment ads. Some creators may have a younger audience. The streamer should reserve the right to protect that audience. The military ad complex is already vast and has deep roots within Twitch. If a streamer does not want that sort of content on their channel, they should be able to block it. Additionally, this option should be able to be seen publicly. Parents who check their children’s activity might want to be able to know a streamer opts out of Military recruitment ads targeted at minors.

68 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Ad Specific Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. bits and subscription audio ads to encourage viewers to sub or use bits

49 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio Ads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. I commonly get these stupid purple screens saying that I should disable any adblockers and such in the middle of streams, sometimes multiple in the same stream only 10-15 minutes apart. Each one lasts for SEVERAL minutes, which makes watching streams much more uncomfortable because im missing a lot of content and having to listen and watch nothing. Are these supposed to be midroll ads despite the fact that you guys got rid of them??

83 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

38 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. (Small brain ****) Feel like this would both benefit small and large streamers. It adds an incentive to maintain viewership through an ad vs leaving the channel

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Ads Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. A 5 second warning before the ad would be deeply appreciated. My voice is very quiet so many of my viewers turn my voice up. A warning can warn them to turn the headphones back down so they dont hurt their ears.

124 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Dear Twitch,

I think I speak for most of the streaming community when I say we do NOT like your new mid-roll strategy. Ads are among the biggest annoyances on the site and the solution is not to give us more ads. Here are some ideas on making ads on Twitch better for both the creator and the viewer.

1. Give the creators an actual cut of the ad revenue
      Right now, this is absolutely peanuts when you compare it to other video content sites, it’s actually insane. This would make running ads also a bit more attractive for creators and…

210 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Twitch has rolled out their new automated ad functionality, but I would like to know if there is a way for the ad manager to notify anyone watching the stream (perhaps via a notification at the top of chat, much like channel point challenge/hype train alerts), which would also help any streamer who reads their chat, but isn't looking at their stream manager and ensures me that if I'm telling a long winded story, for instance, that I can take that quick intermission to catch my breath and hydrate.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Ads Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Simple put, this system is poorly designed and problematic. What it creates is a system where only the larger creators will see any amount of money, due to how low of value a single bit is. The creator you show on the help page only gets 5 bucks. My problem with this feature is that it doesn't address any of the problems with regular bits, and allows for even easier abuse of the system, unless you have extra stuff in place to decide who's vote counts for bits, will mean that people could bot their stream and get a ton…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Multiplayer Ads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Ads without music won't be as disturbing. Also, ads which sounds like TTS give minor disturbance and attribute the stream with a level of engagement.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio Ads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Preroll-disable functionality already exists, just have hypetrains add 5 minutes to that when they start, if the counter is at zero. Add more time if level-ups extend the hypetrain duration.

If a hypetrain is going, something hype is happening, right? Who wants to come into a channel during a HYPE moment, only to get slapped in the face with a preroll instead of joining in with everyone immediately?

The preroll revenue loss would be minimal, would encourage hypetrains (so a potential positive ROI), and be a win for everyone involved; adds functionality to the hypetrain product, and shows that Twitch…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Pre-Rolls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. I am a former Alcohol abuser and I really don't appreciate the recent trend of literally every collection of ad's for some of my streams contain ads for alcohol. It seems 1, like a waste of ad space for me, and 2. an annoyance and reminder of a temptation i don't want or need.

It would just be nice to be able to just block ads for drugs/alcohol.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Ad Specific Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Can Twitch please display the ads beneath the video player without the motion transition resizing the stream video to be more disability accessible for people with visual sensitivities and for people who rely on closed captioning/ subtitles?

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stream Display Ads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Give broadcasters the choice of what type of ads to play (political, beauty, sports, etc.) And make it so broadcaster-run ads disable random ads for longer periods of time.

That way the streamer is in control of their cast

139 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Automatic mid-roll ads would be much better for the streamer and viewers if there's ads that doesn't interrupt the stream audio content totally, instead just taking most of the screen to display the product/service advertised, with the stream visual being shown in the picture-in-picture. Leaving it as an option (if mid-roll ads have sounds or not) to the streamer would be the best so you could know what the creators want to have on their stream. I know silent ads usually doesn't pays as much as full video ads with sounds, but having less intrusive ads would allow you to…

152 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Picture-In-Picture  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Run a check and see how many times you've shown me the same audible ad it must be around 50 times. please make sure there's a variety of ads. or a means after like showing me it 3-5 times to ask for a different ad as I'm clearly not interested in buying it and you could be advertising me things I actually want to buy.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Where the black space is on Stream Display Ads, let broadcasters upload their own custom images depending on if the content is live, vod, or a rerun.

Would help with channel branding, call to actions, and clear identity of content.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stream Display Ads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 14 15
  • Don't see your idea?