There was an error during translation

Ads

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Nobody wants to watch random ads that block out the stream. Picture-in-picture doesn't work if we only see but not hear the stream during ads. Banners would solve the problem - you get to give us more ads but the stream doesn't get interrupted. I repeat: nobody needs random ads that block the stream. it's not only disruptive for the viewers, but also for the streamer. bad idea, really.

706 votes
    Sign in Sign in with: OpenID Connect
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

11 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Dear Twitch,

I think I speak for most of the streaming community when I say we do NOT like your new mid-roll strategy. Ads are among the biggest annoyances on the site and the solution is not to give us more ads. Here are some ideas on making ads on Twitch better for both the creator and the viewer.

1. Give the creators an actual cut of the ad revenue
      Right now, this is absolutely peanuts when you compare it to other video content sites, it’s actually insane. This would make running ads also a bit more attractive for creators and…

147 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Automatic mid-roll ads would be much better for the streamer and viewers if there's ads that doesn't interrupt the stream audio content totally, instead just taking most of the screen to display the product/service advertised, with the stream visual being shown in the picture-in-picture. Leaving it as an option (if mid-roll ads have sounds or not) to the streamer would be the best so you could know what the creators want to have on their stream. I know silent ads usually doesn't pays as much as full video ads with sounds, but having less intrusive ads would allow you to…

125 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Picture-In-Picture  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Bits for ads has NEVER worked in the UK. Why? Also please do NOT force anybody's viewers to have to sit through ads. Or should I say MORE ads. This is live content. Ad revenue is pretty poor, and for people like me who have 80+ average viewers STILL pushing for partner, this will make people tune out.

55 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Pre-Rolls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Right now Partners and Affiliates have the ability to give their subscribers 'ad free viewing'. I think subscribers should be able to opt-in to watching ads on a channel their subscribed to even if the channel has 'ad free viewing' turned on for subscribers.
    There's not many ways you can have an ad feature that is a win for everyone involved, but I think this is one of those ways.

For Twitch:
    - More ads watched on their site.

For Streamers:
    - More ad revenue, while also keeping 'ad free viewing' as a perk for those who want to subscribe.

33 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Interrupting streamers' streams with an ad randomly without any semblance of their own control is going to ruin a LOT of clippable moments in streams, as well as push viewers away from many smaller streamers, which could seriously damage their livelihoods.

Instead of this forceful approach to increasing the amount of ads, you can reward streamers who frequently and consistently play ads with more emote slots that will only stay if said streamer keeps their ad playing frequent and consistent.

44 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Ads are intrusive, annoying and serve no real value to a viewer or creator in a live streaming platform. But if they must exist, why not make them not so intrusive to the experience?

Currently the PIP solution does nothing good for either party. It still essentially shuts off the stream on a whim and if people don't know where to look, it's all but gone for the time the ad is running. Why not put the Ad window where the stream window goes now, and let the stream keep running as normal, so we continue our engagement with the…

43 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Picture-In-Picture  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. After having read your new feature that allows streamers to disable Pre-Rolls by playing enough ads (30 seconds = 10 minutes), I think you've missed the mark slightly.

I DO think it's a good idea to disable the pre-roll for people discovering new content. As such, I believe a better implementation of the no preroll idea is the following:

• No pre-roll for users the FIRST time they join your stream BUT a forced 30 second 10 minutes into the stream if they stay.

This solves two problems. First, it solves the problem of discouraging people from discovering new content. You…

484 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Pre-Rolls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Would love to get more information on how automated mid-rolls will work -- and specifically instruction for streamers on how to avoid them, if possible.

In short, the idea your stream would be interrupted without your control is a scary concept. Either it's going to be better for streamers to control the mid-roll experience themselves, or the experience is something more experimental that isn't clear (vs. simply interrupting a stream).

In the Twitch Support initial Tweet it says "these [mid-roll ads] won't run if the viewer has an ad break." Can you clarify? FAQ seems to be missing how to…

37 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Pre-Rolls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. So mid-roll ads are going to happen, if we like it or not

How about telling the creator before they happen so that they still have time to do an ad break on their terms?

What if 10min before a mid-roll ad would take place the ad button in the stream manager turns red and displays a 10min countdown. The creator will have 10min to do an ad break on his/her terms - if he/she does, no (additional) mid-roll ad; if he/she doesn’t, play the mid-roll ad after the countdown is over

That way you get what you want which…

25 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. If you are going to have midrolls you need to provide us tools to work with the midrolls as best we can as creators. Enough people have given you a reason it is a bad idea. I am offering up ideas to make it at least workable if you continue this route.

• We need a countdown on the streamer dash and the mod view on when the next ad will roll. Like a producer would have.

• We need a limited ability to push back an adroll. Like a one time 2 minute snooze button, or a trigger early button.

• We…
    29 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. You are driving your userbase away by forcing unskippable 30 second ads every time we click on a stream to see if it's interesting. Instead of branching out to other streamers I would rather stay in the channels I sub to so I don't have to deal with ads, or just stop watching twitch entirely.

17 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Instead of interrupting the stream with an ad and minimizing the stream above the chat, flip it. Keep the stream running normally, but periodically add silent ads above the chat. If the viewer wishes to see more of the ad, they can click the ad to play a full version (and maybe be rewarded with bits that can be used with the current streamer), with the stream minimized above chat like it currently is. This eliminates unintended interruptions and still allows advertising space.

23 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Picture-In-Picture  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. The feedback that I have seen about automatic mid-roll ads has been entirely negative, which is not surprising to me at all. No one likes being forced into situations even when it could be good for them.
    I've seen lots of posts from streamers saying they don't like the loss of control and viewers saying that you should fix ads for bits, which says to me that the issue is not ads, it is how the ads are being presented.

The entire platform is built around the idea of interactive entertainment, so why are the ads being treated differently?
    My…

23 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Either bring back ad-free twitch viewing from prime members, or lower Twitch turbo price. Twitch turbo is about $110 a year and all it really offers is ad free twitch. Which is way to expensive.

14 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Get rid of mid-roll ads and allow the provider to determine when to run them. I know you need to make money, but you can't just pop an ad in the middle of content.

16 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Bits for Ads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Bits for Ads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. As a streamer myself I understand that people like their own Twitch page to be theirs to control. A lot of people disable ads on their own channel and a lot will also run them willingly while streaming. Try giving more options we can opt into on our own channels. Without blocking our content at the same time, unless we choose to do so. Here's an idea or so:

• Brb ads
      (We already have, and do get used. Nice example to start)

• Lower thirds
      (Could allow us to set them to pop up as often as we like. Minimum of…

18 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. The size of a channel matters when you are looking to make ad revenue. Larger audiences are likely to have a larger number of potential ad viewers. Obviously, the sub/non-sub viewer ratio is important, but larger channels are likely to have a higher potential for ad revenue than smaller channels.

Scaling the time needed to disable pre-roll ads will encourage smaller channels to run ads. When pre-roll ads are disabled, there is a higher chance a new viewer will enter the channel potentially helping to grow that channel.

To "tag" along with the idea, add a tag under a preview…

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Hello,

I'm a moderator for a few channels. I'm not a sub in all the channels. When someone I stream for starts, that I am not subscribed in but am a moderator I usually get 1-3 ads before I can enter the stream.

It would be extremely helpful if ad's or at the very least pre-rolls were disabled for moderators for the channel they mod in.

Thank you!

21 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 15 16
  • Don't see your idea?