Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Ads

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Ads

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

844 results found

1. Many people like to have multiple accounts for watching and viewing, however a twitch turbo subscription is only tied to 1 account. Prime gaming allows you to connect up to 4 accounts to 1 subscription so I believe turbo should have this ability as well. This is especially because many of us do not want to see ads when we are viewing streams and that is the main purpose of purchasing turbo. Additionally, it is only fair for this to be the case considering the price of turbo has increased substantially from what it used to be.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I need a new Twitch turbo. The current Twitch turbo is expensive. So I want a new Twitch turbo for light users. you can pick at least three streamers. you can watch the streamers without ads. But of course, you can't use streamers' emojis.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Expand the ads department to bring more niche ads to specific content.

Examples of this could be:
    1. military ads when playing Call of Duty
    2. World of Warcraft ads displaying school supplies and shopping at back to school as the game has a slightly older audience
    3. IRL content displaying vehicle ads, camping goods, etc

This would allow higher clickthrough rates, more trust with advertisers, higher ad revenue for both Twitch and streamers, and keep content a bit more seamless across the board when thinking of branded content.

Second, giving streamers an option to select their interests and things…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. To minimize the ads presence that many creators take issue with, allow for a feasible revenue share for ads, and still maximize profitability for Twitch as a whole, I'm proposing the following:

1. Bring back purchase options from Amazon directly below the video player. If I'm playing a game like Genshin Impact, Fortnite, The First Descendant, etc allow me to purchase in game currency at the bottom of screen with a revenue split going to the streamer, Twitch, and the parent company. Likewise offer a purchase option directly from Amazon with revenue sharing

2. Allow for additional options to be added directly…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Ändert bitte sehr sehr Dringend die Werbung, bzw packt auch mal andere rein, mir kommt das kotzen wenn ich in der letzten woche MEHRMALS diese dumme fibi Werbung sehe wo es um Gummibärchen geht. Habt ihr nix anderes mehr, nurnoch diese ?????????????????????

Ich habe definitiv kein sub bei jedem Streamer den ich gucke und das sind mehrere am Tag, das hat keiner. Jeder einzelne Streamer Switch kommt diese dumme selbe Werbung. Es ist ja in Ordnung das sie mal gezeigt wird, dafür ist sie ja auch da, aber es ist einfach nur dämlich 20 mal die ein und selbe Werbung…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Ребята, Вы там, случайно, нигде головой не ударились???
    1:20 рекламы уже было немало, однако, сегодня вы вышли на новый уровень, 2:40 - 2:50 реламы - это уже явно перебор...
    Жадность - это плохо!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Ads Manager  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Give us a list with possible adds in the region. Maybe let us watch them on specific times as to not interrupt important moments on stream. But pls let us block an add (on said list) that's absolutely annoying. I mute/close/refresh spam until the **** add is away... Reporting the add just makes it show up more btw...
    "Stop showing the fat black girl stroking ikea furniture pls! It's infuriating to be forced into ASMR when I'm watching/listening to a stream just to alt-tab and mute the stream while seeing this person not my body size and not my skin…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Aproveitem que vocês mandam 5 minuto de ADs a cada 10 minuto pra todos os usuário e destroem completamente a experiencia de todos e já muda o nome da plataforma para ADS.tv ou anuncios.tv pois só tem anuncio

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 1920 x 1080p have 6Mbits of bandwidth, limiting this for viewers that not contribute to 640 x 360p like max quality will reduce money cost, so with the saving, twitch, can pay much more money to streamers and get a business much more profitable. So the clients would are happy of see that some more of their contribution go to favorite streamer. Twitch should explain the new change for comprehension of clients. The lacking viewers will one day contribute :).
    You can also give 1 month of better quality to those who collected a certain amount of bits

calculations as…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 90 second preroll ads are making it hard for me to find new content creators. I would love to check out peoples streams to see if it is something I might be interested in but watching 90 seconds of ads jut to be able to see if I like the streamer is too much.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Get rid of preroll advertisements as a whole. They absolutely destroy channel discovery for new/low viewer streamers and if you're the type of person that has a buggy internet connection, sometimes you get disconnected for just enough time for Twitch to interpret your reconnection as you rejoining for the first time again and hits you with even more advertisements you possibly saw not even four minutes ago.

For real, prerolls do nothing for the viewer, the people that ALLOW TWITCH TO EXIST AS A WEBSITE IN THE FIRST PLACE. I'm not even saying get rid of ads in their entirety,…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preroll Ads  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Hotels.com has two audio only ads which play. One of them is fine. The other one has a crying baby which screams throughout the ad which triggers some of us adults on a primal spectrum. -STOP THESE ADS-

I for one will NEVER do any business with Hotels.com because of just how angry this makes me when it plays. I stop whatever I'm doing to turn off twitch or mute the stream till it ends. There has been some suggestions add ad controls either for preferences or even block certain ads. This would solve this, but I've no idea why…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. For a while now, I have been exposed to excessive advertisements of "Eti", a snack brand in Turkey, and "Cigdemt", a streamer who cannot speak Turkish. I have no problem with watching ads. But Eti with Cigdemt advertisements are shown too much, too aggressive. This is giving me an overdose.

That's why I installed adblocker. I didn't see any problems with watching ads before.

Don't show us ads we don't want to see...

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Ads Manager  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. So here's the idea:

Add an ad with a pause option for the streamer, with the streamer still audible and let them react to the ads with the viewers. That way, ads become part of the content and thus have more engagement too. There is a relatively small downside ofcourse, but its an ad that cannot be blocked by any means, its an ad that might get clipped and reposted so that the advertiser has more value from their ad and it can allow people to play quite a lot of ads in a row (thus easy 6 minutes per…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I have consistently had buggy ads for over SIX months.
    The ads will roll very intrusively as usual in the middle of the best parts of streams and causing you not to hear or see the stream. Throw on top of those advertising some bugs and it becomes unbearable to even watch any stream.

I’ve been experiencing bugs in the middle of ads, to where the ad will glitch out pause to a black screen, not allow me to play the stream for 30 secs or more. Once stream comes back after 5 secs it will throw me back into…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. If I see the number of Ads be 4 or more in a row on any stream, REGARDLESS of how long they are, I am closing the app.

If I am waiting more than 3-5 mins for ads to complete, I will also close the app.

I know Twitch needs its money to run and be profitable, but several ads running 10+ minutes is not it. People will not sit through it. They will just leave.

Find a way to balance the number of ads and time spent watching them, so people will engage the site for longer. Break up…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Just a huge idea regarding an extreme annoyance. When I am watching a Twitch video on a channel I am not subscribed to, upon pausing the video I then click play/resume and a new set of Ads appears, even if I just paused the video only a minute ago and just finished a round of Ads. What is this??? This is a bit ridiculous. Does Twitch not have the technology to know that I just watched Ads only a minute ago when I paused the video?

For example, I am watching a gaming channel where I write down strategies, and…

53 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. スマホアプリでUIを変更する前に戻せ。
    アプリを開いた時にフォローしてるチャンネルが一覧として見える状態に返せ。
    今Apple Storeの評価は全部そのことで星1だぞ。それにここのページをちゃんと日本語に変更しろ。どこが書けばわからんから全てのページにこの文章を送りつけてやる。

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Live programing is different than pre-recorded. Therefor, the ads used should be different.

Overlay ads, like what used to appear on TV, would make sense. Either shrinking stream (like Twitch did for a brief period), or having a dedicated portion of the screen they would overlap (so streamer could plan accordingly). But visual only ads, no audio. The benefit is that viewers are more likely to actually watch the ad too, instead of switching to another activity, as the content they're involved in is still going on. Even if their attention is more on the stream content, at least they…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Twitch Drops being used as ads is disgusting.

When it's a promo related to a game, that's one thing. But what is this Apple TV/Music? These streamers aren't using Apple TV/Music. I'm 100% certain if they were streaming THE VERY CONTENT OF THE DROPS, that they're be muted or DMCA struck. And EVEN WORSE IS OPT OUT!!!!! Why is this on by default? Every other drop you have to turn on. This is the most disgusting Ad thing Twitch has ever done. Not leaving such streams open. And it's REALLY not the streamers fault.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?