Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Moderation

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Moderation

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

538 results found

1. as a mod it would be helpful if i could talk to all the other mods without having to whisper them each individually once by one.....all we would have to do is type "/modchat <message>" and it would show up in chat like the ban, timeout, purge messages do. All mods can communicate without the rest of chat seeing it. Also, they can be pinned for important channel stuff like in discord, so any mod coming into chat can see what's new or changed with regards to the stream rules and such

946 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

67 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  2. Ban the word "r*tard" and all variations from Twitch. This is hate speech. Recently, Twitch put a ban on words like "simp," "incel," and "virgin." Meanwhile, there are many partnered streamers, including Asmongold, one of the biggest streamers on Twitch, constantly using the R word and sees no problem with it, therefore influencing their audience of tens of thousands of Twitch users to do the same.

There are many, many, many articles on the internet explaining why and how the word is harmful, hate speech, and a slur. Most people don't even have to read them to know this. Recently…

630 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

36 comments  ·  AutoMod  ·  Admin →
  3. Currently anonymous subs can be given to offensive account names and the streamer has no ability to report this. A gifter can continue to do this indefinitely. Streamers can only report the accounts that were gifted which does not solve the problem.

This leads to immediate and continuous abuse.

You removed Anonymous Bits for "Abuse" reasons despite them not carrying a name, image, or message. You left in Anonymous Gift subs even though they can be used like this. Give us an option to report these actions.

563 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Interest  ·  Ana responded

Hi, thanks for your feedback! 

This status is to let you know your idea has been reviewed. Your idea is open for voting/comments from other Twitch community members. This is a great time to share your idea with others. Learn more about status updates here.

---

For the community: If you like this idea, please vote on it and feel free to add on how it would help you in the comments.

4. Regarding chat verification, it is good that you can set it to email/phone verification if an account is newer than a certain period of time, however I have confirmed that while this prevents an account from chatting, this does not prevent an account from following a channel without verifying.

In the past I have been harassed by people (and seen people harassed) by users who never said a word in chat. Their method of harassment would be to create an account with revealing information about the streamer and simply hit follow. They would be banned, however the account would be…

536 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Currently the only possibility for managing links is to disable them all together. This replaces them with '***' in chat for everyone but the sender. Add an alternative to make AutoModerator hold all links for review instead so mods can allow them on a case to case basis. If no mod is there the result would be the same, no links in chat.

511 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  AutoMod  ·  Admin →
  6. Would like a way to natively see a users name change history including date & time of change.
    Maybe even first & last message history for each username change

For example:
    TwitchSupport - (formerly TwitchTVSupport) changed on 14 Oct 2020 22:46

504 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  7. Hello, I have recently discovered that Twitch considers the following words to be against content guidelines:

Gay
    Trans
    Transexual

I am asking that these words be whitelisted in support of Twitch's vast queer community. It can be assumed these words were banned to cut down on trolling in the communities. However, I feel it should be the people who misuse these words who are regulated and punished. Not the queer people who's identities are being attacked and invalidated by having these words banned. This month is pride month and Twitch is showcasing queer creators on the front page every day…

360 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

33 comments  ·  AutoMod  ·  Admin →
  8. I would love a global moderator role for twitch teams (that the twitch team leader could assign), so they can work or moderate in any of the team members chats.

283 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  9. Given the existing infrastructure behind the (1) first-time chat callout experiment, (2) non-mod chat delay, and (3) automod caught message queue:

There should be a toggleable setting where the initial message of any newcomer to chat must be approved by a moderator for that and any subsequent messages to appear to non-mods. Thus, this would limit the ability of newcomers to send messages without prior approval.

Not only would this reduce how many eyes see hateful messages from human accounts, it would neutralize spambots from having their messages show up to non-mods -- a useful step in responding to the…

234 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  10. Moderators on the browser and desktop versions of twitch have incredible access to moderation tools such as mod icons, mod view etc. this makes handling larger chat rooms incredibly easy for a group of mods working together.

Unfortunately I, like many others, am in a position where I am a mod for a larger community, yet am often on the go and find myself using mobile twitch far more often than desktop. This makes it so much harder to keep chat under control, as the current moderation process on mobile is utterly laughable. Messages that would be deleted instantly if…

223 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  11. Occasionally, streamers accidentally leave their streams on with a hot mic and even cam. During this, streamers can unintentionally reveal embarrassing and inappropriate things on-air without their knowledge with mods only being able to host another streamer as their only tool to stop the damage. Unfortunately, those watching outside their browser can be unaffected by hosting and still be watching the stream. I think these incidents can remedied and prevented by giving mods a sort of "Emergency Brake" to stop the stream. I believe this function should be optional for safety reasons so that the streamer can decide for themselves…

222 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  12. If a user submits an unban request and a moderator makes a comment this information is not stored in their user card. The content of their unban request should appear in their chat history in some capacity, and the moderator's response to the unban should appear in the "Mod Comments" section. Record keeping and communication between mods and streamers is crucial to the safety of a channel.

190 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  UserCard  ·  Admin →
  13. Moderators sometimes manage game lobby links or somilar for their streamers. As such the links may get copied to the clipboard easily. If there are procedures in place to greet users or similar, then it might happen that moderators accidentally post sensitive information into the chat.
    Also, a rogue moderator may abuse their rights or post unwelcome messages.

Thus, moderators should have the option to delete their own and other moderators' messages.

178 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  14. I believe that Twitch should add REGEX support for Automod "Blocked words and phrases". This would be a very helpful feature for chat moderation since a lot of users can easily get past the blocked term by intentionally misspelling a word. This would also allow streamers to enforce English only characters in chat. I'm aware that twitch allows using the "*" wildcard but in many instances this is simply not enough.

174 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. The vast majority of the time that harassment occurs, the accounts being used to accomplish it are all recently created. Being able to limit chat participation (or ideally, anything that can be seen by viewers) based on the length of time the account has existed would go a long way to preventing abuse.

163 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Admin →
  16. So I will break this into 3 parts. What it is, How it will work, and why I think it's needed. (first and 3rd part may overlap.)

My idea is to create a Channel Admin role for content creators at the affiliate and partner level. This role would have a golden sword (opposed to the green sword that regular moderators have) and would be able to remove/add people from moderator for the respective channel they are a channel admin for.

How this will work: Starting first, how it will be set up (in my head.) All affiliates are allowed 1…

161 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Twitch should allow mods and streamers to repop up the chat Rules for certain user to remind them if they didn't respect it.

157 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  18. Currently, the only way to view people banned from the channel is the channel settings. I think it would be very useful to have some kind of moderator dashboard which displays it as well.

Each entry on the ban list should include: date, current username, mod who performed the action and a space for adding the reason of the ban (editable by the mod and channel editors). It could also be useful if the entry listed up to 5 recent messages by that person posted before getting banned.
    The list itself should be searchable by username.
    When a user gets…

143 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Admin →
  19. Add the names of moderators who delete, lock, or select the result of a Prediction

134 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
    Gathering Interest  ·  Ana responded

Hi, thanks for your feedback!

This status is to let you know your idea has been reviewed. Your idea is open for voting/comments from other Twitch community members. This is a great time to share your idea with others. Learn more about status updates here.

---

For the community: If you like this idea, please vote on it and feel free to add on how it would help you in the comments.

20. I believe a feature in one's settings that makes it so moderators of the channel can't moderate without having Two Factor Authentification activated would be super useful, with this new optional settings it could dramatically decrease the amount of compromised moderator accounts while also raising more awareness for 2FA

119 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 26 27
  • Don't see your idea?