Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Moderation

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Moderation

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

576 results found

1. Hi to all, talking here as a 5 years experience daily unsing twitch and twitch moderator of small spanish community.

The problem:
    Toxicity during events where variety of streamers participate.

Origin of the problem:
    Here in spanish communities a percentage of the communities are too emotional and tends to go in other streamer channels and text things that becomes toxic and generates bad feelenigs both the streamers and regular chat users.
    We as a moderators have the needed tools to ban them and normally we create moderation discords to ban them across distinct stremers.

Suggestion:
    When someone gets banned from…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. In the Review recent raids menu a quick option to ban all raiders from the same raid.

It should not be an easy to missclick button, ask to user to write in "CONFIRM" or something to make sure it can't be used by accident.

This Feature would be a great help to counter hate and bot raids.

The channel owner should be able to decide if mods are able to use it or only the owner.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Admin →
  3. I am a Mod in a couple of channels and I do take moderation very seriously. I also try to keep Twitch a safe place, as much as possible.

What happened:
    A streamer I mod for was the victim of insults and hateful speech yesterday (June the 11th 2024). The perpetrator was reported by myself and other Mods of the victim. The insults/speech were done during the perpetrators stream. They were live at the same time as the victim. (no VOD)

In less than a minute after the report, I have already received an answer from Twitch, that no violation…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  4. Words can mean more than one thing and banning them outright doesn't always work.

for example: I'm trying to use the word "fatty" in my bio on my channel to mean cannabis joint and it is banned by AutoMod and this is far from the first use case of AutoMod failing to keep up with it's human users and their nuanced use of language.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  AutoMod  ·  Admin →
  5. Whenever I see people acting in a way I want them banned in the spaces I mod for I find myself opening all those channels & individually banning them there. I'd love to be able to click on users in the chat I'm in & not moderating for & same as with blocking & reporting, select a "ban in channel/ban..." option. Ideally a list should pop up then so I can select where to ban the user as not all channels might apply the same ruleset. I guess being able to enter the reason in those fields then would be…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  6. where mods can change out emotes remove and give mod and vip and etc and add bots would be helpful for the larger streamers because you dont want to give someone full perms of your account but you do want them to have the perms you would trust them with or they need

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. How is it a half naked woman can play a stream where she literally has the game playing on her **** cheek or her ****** not be considered sexual content and yet a male identified or looking person gets stream taken down because they have their shirt off?

You are incentivizing such content as they get massive viewer numbers for something which is obviously meant to be ****.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  8. With the addition of the /shoutout capability added for mods, I think a really easy feature would be to add an icon, even a simple S in a square?... For those of the mods that like having mod icons on their chat, one could easily shoutout someone in chat without even typing it out. Taking it a step further, if you don't have mod icons on, you could click on their name and one of the options (along with view, gift a sub, etc) would be the option to shoutout the user. (this would be exceptionally helpful with those modding…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Admin →
  9. Es würde sehr helfen gegen Content Creator die Hass und Hetze vorgegangen wird und es nicht einfach ignoriert wird. Die User die hate verbreiten sind das eine Problem, aber das schlimmere Problem sind die Content Creator die die Leute anstacheln und Geld damit verdienen Hass zu verbreiten. Die Stimmung wird immer schlechter und es macht immer weniger Freude auf dieser Plattform zu bleiben, durch den ganzen Hass.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I am a new user and read the rules for chatting on the Main Twitch Channel. I was watching HCS today and did not break any of the rules. The moderators timed me out and then for 30 minutes for expressing that they timed me out for no reason. This is unacceptable. You must allow abusive moderators to be held accountable. We must be able to submit reports or defenses for abusive moderators.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I would like viewers to no longer have access to the viewer list. The reason for this is that viewers of a channel can be poached/influenced by other streamers' accounts if this information is publicly available. Only the streamer and his moderators should have access to the list.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. With the follower lists now being viewable to the streamer only, it would be more useful if the links on the username opens the UserCard instead of going to that user's channel. This would make investigation of suspicious users by the streamer more practical. If the intention is to go to the channel, that would still be possible from the usercard after it is opened. Would also make it easier to use if each user didn't take up so much screen space.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UserCard  ·  Admin →
  13. Add a chief moderator role. A new role between streamers and "classic" moderators to be validated by the streamer in order to remove or reinstate moderators, delete moderator messages if necessary...

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. When my friend tries to follow me it automatically blocks them from my account

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Give moderators more credit for the daily dedication.
    Make sure that we can report certain viewers more easily (without abusing either), have a platform or a common chat (discord...) where we can communicate more easily and be in contact.
    Having the possibility to provide faster feedbacks to Twitch on possible bugs and issues...

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I think that streamers must make rules about what is and what isn’t allowed. This stems from a strange experience I had with a small streamer.

Before I start, let me just clarify that I am not asking for an unmute or anything. Basically I decided to watch a small streamer’s stream cause why not and then after a few minutes someone said something (I forgot what it was, but it was 100% relevant and nothing bad) and I said “I guess” and “no completions today tho”. A few minutes later I was suddenly muted. Since it was a small…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Too often people use report brigading to issue false bans on undeserving victims. Do more to ensure that bans are justified before you push the button.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. As a streamer it would be really helpful to do some technical/test streams. The issue would be that we can now ruin someones Stream Streak, or mess up your own stats because you go live completely outside of your schedule and without promoting it.

The idea would be to have a option on the creator dashboard to activate a "Preview Mode"/"Test Mode". If you then go live you wouldn't go live for everyone but you could test overlays/events/alerts/features you made yourself. This would also not affect anyones stream streak or your own stats (since it's not a real stream)

Maybe…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I noticed my report user flagging is being consistently turned down lately.
    But when a user in chat calls the streamer '**' and 'filthy **' in German I fail to understand why that that doesn't constitute a violation of TOS.

For reference I'm commenting on this report to Twitch (but also several before in the last months) :
    "Report ID: 115854159

You have submitted a safety report that is covered under the Digital Services Act (DSA) of the EU. We have reviewed the content against our Terms of Service, Community Guidelines, and/or local law, and determined that no…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. As a Twitch user and streamer that is also a moderator for 15+ channels, I would love to have quick access from the main Twitch page or even the dropdown when I click on my icon in the top right corner, it directs me to a page that has the list of streamers that I mod for. Even something similar to the look of the Twitch Teams page where its a list of streamers, with the streamers that are live, at the top of the list.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 28 29
  • Don't see your idea?