Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Moderation

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Moderation

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

541 results found

1. I can go into my personal channel bio and I should be able to type words like “gay” but I can’t. It doesn’t let me save it and it says it’s a banned word. I can type the word “straight.” I don’t see why I can’t type “gay.”

I get not wanting profanity in a channel bio. That’s fine, but it is 2023 and we should not be putting the word “gay” on a banned words list. A lot of creators on Twitch aim to create a safe and accepting environment and community for everyone, and while the platform is…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  AutoMod  ·  Admin →
  2. Shared ban lists should have the option of auto-banning people on the list (instead of just monitoring or restricting them). Most likely this would have to be paired with some way of categorizing and collaborating on your ban list so you could just share a "worst of the worst" ban list with another streamer and anyone either of you adds there would be auto-banned from both your channels. This could help streamers who have shared values and a close relationship avoid problematic streamers.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Your changes to mod view makes no sense.
    • Stream looks smaller
    • You made a huge top bar to display the stream session time. Not even 30% of the bar is used. It's sole purpose is to make the stream smaller.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I have over 28.000 bans on my channel, banning about 40-50 accounts per day and have no way to circumvent the targeted attacks because of the lack of geolocated moderation. I need to impose limitations for accounts chatting from a specific country (italy) that's where the hate is coming from.

The only bandaid fix for now is going full sub-only mode which has the downside of stifling channel growth because legitimate new users won't be able to interact at all. Also, I would suggest allowing the streamer to set phone verification requirement only for specific regions to avoid imposing blanket…

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Random Twitch users are granting Moderator roles to my friends and I. We are not associated with the random Twitch users' channels nor communities. However, we are now forced to be linked to people who use terrible language and put others down. There is a link internal to Twitch and if somehow we found ourselves in these awful channels, we would be seen as Moderators.

It does not matter if we are not followed to these channels. It does not matter if the random Twitch users are added to our block lists.

We need a safety feature that prevents random…

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Interest  ·  5 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  6. The new Modview UI update that just rolled out has a really inefficient use of space. The offline/stream session bar at the top that is fixed and 90% blank is a complete waste of space. It should be moveable like the widgets so we can place it where we want it, and minimisable so it can just be on the sidebar like it was previously. The gaps between the widgets has also doubled, and that is also all just wasted space, it was completely fine before. Trying to use modview on something like a laptop was already a space compromise,…

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Admin →
    Relevant Update  ·  Ana responded

Thank you for your feedback.

For context, we had two problems we were trying to address with this UI update:

• We have some features planned down the line that will not work as widgets and need a new space within Mod View. While we hope that they will warrant the addition of the top nav bar, we understand that it currently feels like a poor use of space.
    • We have heard that users new to Mod View find the interface overwhelming. Some of the tweaks to the interface were intended to help with this.

With that said, we acknowledge that this update may feel like a downgrade for users comfortable with the density of information presented in the previous Mod View. We’ll be looking into ways to improve the experience for our power users (as well as new) while making room for new features. In the meantime, we have added…

7. it' always uncomfortable to scroll up and look at viewers' chat logs lf you type a word, please let me haver achat that includes that word

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Have an option to permit a message that is flagged by auto mod instead of adding it as a permitted term.
    This is because sometimes a term is relevant to a topic of discussion but can quickly be used in an inappropriate or hateful manner.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. The new "banned users cannot watch the stream" might be worth adding to the shield mode system.

So you throw shield mode on and then banned users auto enables if enabled in the shield mode configuration

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
    Gathering Interest  ·  Ana responded

Hi, thanks for your feedback!

This status is to let you know your idea has been reviewed. Your idea is open for voting/comments from other Twitch community members. This is a great time to share your idea with others. Learn more about status updates here.

---

For the community: If you like this idea, please vote on it and feel free to add on how it would help you in the comments.

10. Add the names of moderators who delete, lock, or select the result of a Prediction

136 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →

This status is to let you know your idea has been reviewed. Your idea is open for voting/comments from other Twitch community members. This is a great time to share your idea with others. Learn more about status updates here.

---

For the community: If you like this idea, please vote on it and feel free to add on how it would help you in the comments.

11. Currently anonymous subs can be given to offensive account names and the streamer has no ability to report this. A gifter can continue to do this indefinitely. Streamers can only report the accounts that were gifted which does not solve the problem.

This leads to immediate and continuous abuse.

You removed Anonymous Bits for "Abuse" reasons despite them not carrying a name, image, or message. You left in Anonymous Gift subs even though they can be used like this. Give us an option to report these actions.

575 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

---

12. the streamer should be the only one that can accept or deny unban request cause the stream could mod someone that a person that that they dont like and ban and deny the unban request behind the streamer back when they are not paying attention and that could make the streamer look bad and the streamer can complain to u about it so mods shouldnt be able to accept or deny unban request and also it can make the viewer upset as well too cause he be thinking he or she did something wrong please remove that from mods thank…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  13. Allow moderators to set a character limit for the length of chat messages.
    When many users send long messages, it is often difficult for the streamer to keep the thread. It would be necessary to be able to set a lower limit, per channel, with a chat command.
    For example /lenght 100 to limit users to 100 characters per message, and /lenght off to disable the limit.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. "I want to bring a requirement for an account to become a channel moderator.

• Requirement: minimum account creation time, for example, for someone to be able to add someone as a moderator on your channel, the account must be at least 7 days old, or even, you must follow the channel for 7 days if you want to be one moderator of this channel.

Every day there are people (with the account created on the same day and using VPN for sure) convincing new streamers to be moderators of their channel, and thus manage to trick the streamer and ban…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Just like the timeout/ban in profiles, add a new category called warnings. Warnings can be issued by /warn [user] [reason] or by clicking a chat / profile button and entering a reason. Not everyone wants to timeout a user / ban a user. It would also allow us moderators to keep moderation actions private and not use the Wisper system and allow us to keep track of warnings and who their issued by. The way this would work is the user, would receive a popup with the warning or can receive a message like the announcement command, or a pinned…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Twitch affiliates have to verify their identity with a government issued ID and a face scan now when onboarding. I feel if an affiliate has completed this verification, this should clear the "phone verification" necessity in all chat since the account has been verified in an above and beyond way. Phone verification for non-affiliates and people who haven't completed onboarding is still fine, but I feel like this is unnecessary for those who have verified their ID. Please change this.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. For some time now the Mod Action filters don't work correctly. For instance checking Timeout/Untimeouts does nothing. Clicking on Bans/unbans lists bans/unbans and all timeouts even though the timeouts/untimeout checkbox is NOT checked. Selecting message deletions does nothing too. These problems are happening while using the latest version of Firefox and Chrome and my fellow mods are reporting the same thing. This has been going on for months now.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  18. Tengo un canal de perros y Twitch no acepta que utilice perro, perra, perros, perras... en los títulos de mis clips. Me voy apañando pero es importante para mí poder utilizar la palabra más importante de mi canal.

Además, lo único que pone es un aviso de que el título podría contener insultos pero no indica cual es la palabra no válida. Estaría bien saberlo sin tener que estar probando todo. Por cierto, a veces ni siquiera se por qué...

¡Gracias!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  AutoMod  ·  Admin →
  19. Idk if this is entirely the right category as it involves how the platform monitors traffic and stuff. It's not as if it's a "feature", versus a preventative measure to prohibit people from stream sniping.

Work with the server management team(s) on the gaming company's end, along with people's ISP to monitor for, and ensure that people cannot fire up someone's stream and intentionally queue up with them, and there be a grey area as to whether or not they're "screen peaking" via the stream.

Have it disconnect them if it senses they have stream open, and notify them through…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. When handling unban requests, we often think "ok you apologized, but your request was too soon regarding how long we estimate you should be banned"

I think having an option to set the end of the ban to a further date would help a lot. The interface could tell requesters that we have accepted their request and that they will be unbanned at the specified time

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?