Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

User Accessibility

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

User Accessibility

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

139 results found

1. I like the previously posted idea, but no accessibility features should ever be locked as rewards behind achievements. Folks shouldn’t need to be affiliated or partners to provide captioning to their audiences.

905 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Accessibility is very important to not only me but also my stream and I'm sure a lot of people feel the same way. It would be amazing if we can get some warning tags for things from Epilepsy to Colorblind viewers. This would not only warn our viewers but can also save a life. The worst thing we want as streamers is to hurt our viewers and have no control over it. These tags and be pre implemented or something we can add given game reviews. These tags can vary and even help those with mental health with warning tags…

773 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Hi Twitch! Screen reader users should be able to read and participate actively in chat like everyone else. However, translating chat into an audio signal is really tedious at this moment, because visual elements like all badges incl. subscriber-time of sub badges, and emotes cannot be filtered out.
    Especially when a lot of hype is happening in chat, emotes can become very overbearing when read out one by one. Therefore, I'd like to request a feature with which those visual elements and emote text can be filtered out, leaving the username and chat text only for translation into an audio…

674 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Using images in channel panels allows streamers a higher level of design control, but sacrifices readability for visually impaired viewers. Please allow an alt-text feature on these images so the text on them can be accessible.

464 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I use a TTS reader to read chat to my headphones, and mix it in with game audio and music. I've toyed with running two concurrent streams from my computer so that legally blind viewers could open both and have chat read to them in real-time, but it hasn't been stable enough. Not sure if possible, but if a secondary audio channel could be utilized by the broadcaster, those needing chat read to them could turn it on and control its volume to be able to keep up with chat.

Alternatively, an in-page TTS reader might also be a good…

347 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Occasionally emotes contain text and letters that are a bit hard to read. I know Twitch accepts up to 112px emotes, but seems to use the smaller ones in chat. Simply having a little checkbox to show larger emotes would be super helpful to those with limited sight.

310 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. We could use a colorblind mode because some users (like myself) have a hard time with some colors blending in with the background of the dark theme.

305 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Those of us with chronic pain or other disabilities are not always able to keep a schedule that is consistent enough to apply for the org we program. The current requirements are built on able-bodies standards. There should be a way to include disabled folks who can’t stream on a set schedule and may need to take breaks from streaming, but stream consistently when they can and have good viewership and engagement when they do.

258 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Selectable font sizes for chat that are separate from zooming the entire page with Ctrl+Mousewheel Up would be awesome, even if they don't evenly break. A really cool idea that I've had for a while is actively scaling text fonts, so things like "lol" fill the width of the chat frame, as opposed to longer messages being somewhat smaller.

Additionally to this, simple color-specific modes for different eye conditions - black on yellow, high contrast white on black, yellow on blue - would be immensely helpful.

A pie in the sky addition to this would be selectively highlighting chat messages…

246 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. The new font is difficult to read. In the past, I've used a browser extension to change the font but it doesn't work with the new layout. Please give us dyslexic users the option to switch the font to OpenDyslexic or another dyslexia friendly font. This is both an aesthetic and accessibility feature.

149 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Having light mode as the default theme can be quite bright and loud upon first entering the site. Dark mode is much easier on the eyes, and much easier to read.

144 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. There have been a number of DJ dance/music channels on the front page recently. They automatically play when loading the page, and often have full screen quickly flashing effects. This triggers my photosensitivity/epilepsy a bit.

I would like a way to opt out of those types of videos from either showing, or auto playing, on the front page.

98 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I'm deaf and i'm very blazed to always be like "i hope this streamer added the subtitle addon for his twitch stream"

I always asked to streamer i like to watch "Hey i'm deaf and i would really enjoy understanding what you say in your stream so may be you can think about adding the addon that add auto-subtitle to the stream like in youtube"

I got answered only 1 time, every other stream i watch ignore me, sometime i ask something and say "i'm deaf i cant ear the stream someone can write the answer please" i got answer…

89 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I have problems with my vision, so reading chat is often pretty rough for me. In the past, I have been able to get around this by utilizing the vast chat appearance options available in FFZ, but Twitch's new chat has severely limited these options. Please either let the old FFZ back into the current chat or implement your own appearance options, but something really has to be done here.

If some of these options are available, then I apologize, but they are not apparent how to access them.

Thanks so much!

81 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Greetings,
    My name is Brandon Cole, and I am a totally blind Twitch streamer and viewer, as well as an accessibility consultant for video games, and an advocate for accessibility for the blind. I am attempting to climb the ranks as a streamer, and have currently reached
    affiliate status. However, this is not without its struggles. I have been forced to commission a friend of mine to log into my Twitch account to export
    my videos to my Youtube channel. I've had to do this because the screen for exporting videos is not accessible with screen reading software. I have…

65 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Subtítulos de calidad para la comunidad sorda en TWITCH.
    Hasta ahora la web: https://webcaptioner.com/ Era una gran ayuda para poner subtítulos en vivo en los canales, pero por desgracia la van a cerrar, dispone de muchos idiomas, puedes poner y modificar los subtítulos según se acople mejor a tu directo. Es bastante fiel a lo que traduce, incluso si alguna palabra la escribe mal, tiene la opción de poder corregirla y varias cosas más.
    Son muchas las personas sordas que juegan y hacen otros contenidos en Twitch, pero no todos los canales tienen subtítulos y aunque queramos seguir a alguna…

59 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Currently there is only 3 text alignment where you can only select "Left, Center, or Right" so whenever you select neither of them, the captions does not line up neatly to the same width of the box.

We should have another option called Justify where it would line up all the text nicely which is more tidy, what justify looks like can be seen here - https://www.w3schools.com/cssref/playit.asp?filename=playcss_text-align&preval=justify

Also, I'm surprised that dyslexia font is not included in the font section. Please add dyslexia font, it will be beneficial for those people as well.

What do you guys think? I would…

59 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. So the rough idea is that if an image is provided for a panel, and title text rather than displaying both the title text should automatically become used as the alt and title text for the image.

This would assist in allowing people to more easily navigate, regardless of how they're accessing the site, and provide a more cohesive graceful over view on panels.

55 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Hello
    I'm deaf I watch Twitch a lot of live broadcasts.
    But I do not understand anything of what they say and then I have an idea:
    Add a real-time subtitle translator in all languages in the viewer's choice will always be in all live broadcasts. And there will also be a font translation option or some type of translation
    Example: translate exactly what he said or
    Automatically corrects words
    Move subtitles wherever user wants.
    It can help not only deaf people it can be helpful to foreigners who can understand another language with the help of subtitles.
    And also…

54 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I have my browser make text and zoom in onto the websites I view to allow for easier navigation. With my settings, I find that with both side panels decide to break and text overlays on top in the about section of a streamers page. You can start the side panels collapsed so that visually impaired persons can navigate the website better

43 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7
  • Don't see your idea?