Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Bits

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

1. Enable bits to be used to purchase subscriptions for channels.

Give discount on channel subscription cost, based on bits purchased or bits in stock.

Would save twitch money on payment/card processing fees per subscription as money already with twitch.

Would encourage more people to sub to channels to get good discount worth the % fees paid to get bits.

Subscribing to XX channels based on % would give cover any % payed to get the bits, this would encourage use of bits, and give discounts to those that supported more channels with subscriptions, and more usage of bits.

Would save…

620 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

20 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. To make this possible you can add in a human verification screen to prevent botting, it allows viewers to support their favorite streamers as much as they are willing to spend time watching ads for

288 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. This would be similar to a Cash Back option through Amazon, where people can receive bits from purchases directly through Amazon. Would be a great way to get some extra bits to give to the streamers they love all while supporting Amazon.

284 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. I personally don't have a creditcard and i know more people don't, so maybe add an option to buy bits with Paypal?

244 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Free bits randomly depending on the daily stream time in the last 30 days.

-Range 1: Minimum 2 hours of stream per day, you could get up to 10 to 100 random bits for viewers.

-Range 2: Minimum 4 hours of stream per day, you could get up to 50 to 500 random bits for viewers.

-Range 3: Minimum 6 hours of stream per day, you could get up to 100 to 1000 random bits for viewers.

(Bit amounts may vary, I just put those amounts as an example)

Only one person who is writing in the chat will receive…

213 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Currently, you must use paypal balance, even though it is through Amazon, to purchase bits, and are unallowed to put the funds already in your amazon account towards these purchases. I believe that it would be beneficial to allow using the amazon balance toward bit purchases so I can put my pre-existing balance toward twitch streamers.

132 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. A Cheermote that is only unlocked on a streamer's birthday that gives extra bits on top of a cheer (10-25% more). It would incentivize people to purchase more bits for a streamer's birthday and give the streamer a nice birthday gift!

113 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. With the implementation of Channel Points, the opportunity for chat interaction and participation has sky-rocketed. To make it even better, allow users to redeem some of the "Channel Point" rewards using bits.

Allow the streamer to create a reward with the option to toggle "Redeem with Channel Points" and "Redeem with Bits" and set the threshold for each. This would give streamers the option create rewards that can be redeemed only with bits, only with channel points, or with either.

This would be entirely community-driven. People are already donating bits to creators, so let those donations affect the stream. It…

92 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Ads for bits at this point is limited and most are being squatted by bots so instead, give bits to viewers watching streams, letting people give extra support to their favorite streamers that would otherwise be unable to.

There would be basic guidelines in place like
    1. In order to earn bit from watching streams your account must be atleast 3 months old, verified their email and have 2 factor authentication enabled.

1. You get something along the lines of maybe 25 to 100 bits every hour and only live streams count.

2. For a stream to qualify for this feature they…

63 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Why is it that only people who live in the U.S.A. can watch ads to get bits? I feel like people in other countries should be able to watch ads to get bits and support streamers.

57 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. For people who use Twitch Prime, you can enable them to trade their subscription for 1000 bits.

50 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. It would be cool to add a support icon related to covid, and send the percentage of bits to medics who are fighting virus.

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. I would like to propose something to twitch, create little games on twitch or like a once a day lottery ticket u can do to earn bits, because there's some ppl who can't afford it but still want to support their favorite streamer, other than chatting and redeeming channel points.

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. With the new ability to unlock emotes with bits badges, it would be nice for streamers to give aways bits codes to their community. Streamers currently can gift subs, this would be another way that they could give back to their community.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. I wanna be able to use my amazon wallet money to buy bits

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I live in Quebec canada, i was able to watch 2 times ads for bits last year! but since then its ALWAYS gray , come back later, i have a screenshot. When will free bits come back to canada ?

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. You can earn bits by hosting channels that are live. This will be limited to 5 bits per host, and only receiving this reward once a day.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. A screen that every account would have that shows bits spent in the last 30 days (or longer), this would enable everyone to see if their account has been hacked, and being used to bit farm for a channel they do not actually watch.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. literally just let me click on my watch ads for bits. I capped out at 200, spent 100 and I still can't spend them on my favorite streamer. I don't give bits to myself, nor am I abusing the system in any way. I simply click daily until I no longer can and then suddenly I couldn't watch ads for bits. this issue needs to be resolved because I haven't been able to watch ads for bits for a month now.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bits Auto-Refill  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. I noted on twitter the UI for the auto bits has no restriction on time (ie refill X amount of times per month). This could be exploited on a compromised account that set up the auto buying of bits, as the bits would be spent and then twitch would automatically buy more.

Also people do get heated in a "bit war" and I could see this leading to issues where it it draws multiple times to keep the donation war going.

Simple changes would include: 1) a way to restrict how often bits can auto refill and 2) A confirmation…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bits Auto-Refill  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?