Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Bits

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Bits

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

123 results found

1. Enable bits to be used to purchase subscriptions for channels.

Give discount on channel subscription cost, based on bits purchased or bits in stock.

Would save twitch money on payment/card processing fees per subscription as money already with twitch.

Would encourage more people to sub to channels to get good discount worth the % fees paid to get bits.

Subscribing to XX channels based on % would give cover any % payed to get the bits, this would encourage use of bits, and give discounts to those that supported more channels with subscriptions, and more usage of bits.

Would save…

1,267 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Today (Oct 24, 2022) Anon cheering seems to have been disabled for some reason. Please do not remove the ability to cheer Anonymously.

Some of us like to donate bits and don't want to be "recognized" for it. Removing the ability to cheer anonymously will just make us not cheer at all.

If this was somehow something streamers were asking for, then make it a per-stream setting a streamer can toggle (but default ON).

1,098 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

108 comments  ·  Cheering  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Twitch responded

Hey all! Thanks for this thread. We recently deprecated anonymous Cheering after we discovered it was being abused. While we understand some viewers prefer not being recognized for Cheering, we made this change to ensure a safer experience for those who were negatively impacted.

We’ve also heard your concerns on what this means for the future of Bits. This deprecation is not related to any plans to limit Cheering with Bits on Twitch, and is solely focused on providing a safer experience for our community.

3. This would be similar to a Cash Back option through Amazon, where people can receive bits from purchases directly through Amazon. Would be a great way to get some extra bits to give to the streamers they love all while supporting Amazon.

798 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Free bits randomly depending on the daily stream time in the last 30 days.

-Range 1: Minimum 2 hours of stream per day, you could get up to 10 to 100 random bits for viewers.

-Range 2: Minimum 4 hours of stream per day, you could get up to 50 to 500 random bits for viewers.

-Range 3: Minimum 6 hours of stream per day, you could get up to 100 to 1000 random bits for viewers.

(Bit amounts may vary, I just put those amounts as an example)

Only one person who is writing in the chat will receive…

740 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Bits are the MOST beneficial form of income for streamers on Twitch. The donor pays the twitch fee when purchasing the bits, so the streamer gets the full amount, which is what the donor expects. If someone donates 100 bits the streamer gets $1.00. With Super Cheer if someone donates $1.00 the fee is coming out of that amount and the streamer only gets $0.76. If Twitch is looking to replace bits with Super Cheer, that is only going to hurt streamers livelihoods and the relationship between streamers and Twitch. We want to be able to stream on Twitch knowing…

690 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

60 comments  ·  Cheering  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. A Cheermote that is only unlocked on a streamer's birthday that gives extra bits on top of a cheer (10-25% more). It would incentivize people to purchase more bits for a streamer's birthday and give the streamer a nice birthday gift!

426 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Cheering  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Currently, you must use paypal balance, even though it is through Amazon, to purchase bits, and are unallowed to put the funds already in your amazon account towards these purchases. I believe that it would be beneficial to allow using the amazon balance toward bit purchases so I can put my pre-existing balance toward twitch streamers.

380 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I'd suggest a tool so mods could accept or deny a bit message.

It happens that your streamer wants to roleplay but the chat is doing metagaming, right? Well, I used to think that sub mode or emote mode could've solved it, but there is always that enlightned user who sends bits and messes it up.

This case is the softiest. You also have hateful donos or spam that banning is not enough because if text-to-speech is enabled, the streamer ends up knowing.

At first my idea was to put all bits messages in automod queue so mods read them,…

250 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. You can earn bits by hosting channels that are live. This will be limited to 5 bits per host, and only receiving this reward once a day.

197 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. For people who use Twitch Prime, you can enable them to trade their subscription for 1000 bits.

180 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I would like to propose something to twitch, create little games on twitch or like a once a day lottery ticket u can do to earn bits, because there's some ppl who can't afford it but still want to support their favorite streamer, other than chatting and redeeming channel points.

149 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. This option would allow streamers to bank uncashed out bits and use them to donate to other channels, if they want. For example, one of my viewers sends me 500 bits. Those bits are banked and I can use them when making donations in the future.

133 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. It would be cool to add a support icon related to covid, and send the percentage of bits to medics who are fighting virus.

114 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. With the new ability to unlock emotes with bits badges, it would be nice for streamers to give aways bits codes to their community. Streamers currently can gift subs, this would be another way that they could give back to their community.

88 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Purchase  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I did not want to be part of the Twitch Cheering Experiment. I am a small streamer and rely heavily on my stream alerts gimmicks to fund raise. The Cheering Experiment has massively reduced my income and the platform takes a larger cut and it doesn't even do anything cool when someone donates.

Twitch sent a stealthy email on the 20th and only gave us til the 24th to opt out but I only found out yesterday. I can safely say I don't want to be part of the experiment and would like to opt out immediately. There should be…

87 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Cheering  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. hm.. i don't know if this is the right place to post it, but considering it involves bits and channel points, i will post it here.

basically, i want to redeem all of my various accumulated channel points to bits, and support my favorite streamers with them. I'm not against buying bits, but i'm not really going to buy any. and since i'm not american, the 'watch ads for bits' option is.. kinda defunct and useless to me

of course, there needs to be some balance to not just give out all the bits to the people with a lot…

75 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 62 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 60 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Mobile user on the app should get free bits because tjay might want to support a streamer bit cant because they dont have the money

58 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Have Broadcaster create a list of selective Anonymous names to use in lieu of "Anonymous Cheerer" for controllable options for either specific people, or channel branding.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/683360566

47 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7
  • Don't see your idea?