Twitch Applications: Mobile

1. Offline Viewing

I would love to be able to download the VODs of some of the streams that I am subscribed to in order to watch them when I don't have WiFi such as on a plane trip.

YouTube premium has this feature and it is so helpful as even when I do have WiFi it is often not strong enough to watch without buffering. When I download it, it can take a while, but then I can watch the whole video without buffering.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with OpenID Connect
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Delete individual message option for Mods on Android app

I mod for a couple bigger streamers and alot of time I am using my phone, confined to the Android Twitch App. Having an option to delete individual messages would be an extremely handy update for all mods who use mobile.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. How to activate Roku with URL Roku Com Link

In order to activate the Roku TV, you have to enter Url Roku Com Link in your internet browser. Then it comes to entering the Roku activation code and following the instructions. To get assistance on that meanwhile, you should make contact at Roku activation support.

https://www.rukocomlink.com/

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. see your followers/ who you are following on mobile

see who is following someone by tapping on their followers

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Picture in Picture stops randomly

after watching for a while pip window closes even though stream and app still open.
    can't watch anything unless i am on twitch app itself

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Make popout player resizeable

Make the popout player resizeable. Currently the popout player is so small, it's practically useless. I have to use the multiapp feature on android be able to see the stream but that doesn't work well with some apps.

Android 9 on Pixel XL

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Make quality switching faster

It takes a very long time to switch a stream's video quality. — It is so bad, that is even faster to set the desired quality, close and reopen a stream. But why?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Android app video playback speeds up after ad

I've noticed the following thing on the Android app: when watching a video, an ad comes up (that's fine), but as soon as the ad's over, it cuts back to the video and the playback speed seems to be sped up slightly. It happened to me like 3 times now in the past week. Always the same issue.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

17 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Possibility to embed visible Alerts from 3rd party sites

The possibility to embed Streamlabs (and other) alerts when streaming thru the Twitch mobile client.

Embedded like a browser source, I would say 1 or 2 sources maximum (to keep in mind, it is still a mobile thing).

I think this will help to create a better experience on and with mobile, because the look and feel for the viewers - compared to a Desktop stream - is kinda similar and familiar.

Twitch already offers some options to use Streamlab components in Chat, why not extending the good experience in the Broadcast-part, too?

With a simple grid system...

1 -…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Clear Viewing History in App

Introduce the ability to clear viewing history in app.

Twitch, as of writing is roughly 110 MB in size.
    The app data (for me) is 450 MB and steadily growing.

Youtube, in comparison is 140 MB.
    The data use is only 40 MB.

What is the difference? Why must the Twitch app be so storage hungry?

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Problem: significant delay before stream can be played

The iOS app does not show that streamers are live until a few minutes after they start. There is no way to see the start of the stream live on the mobile app. Give the user an option to idle on a streamer's profile and have it start playing at the start of the stream (this is possible in the web browser interface).

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Bug: VODs lose playback position

Fix this:

The iOS app regularly resets the playback position of the video after unpausing a VOD. May also be a result of pausing, leaving, then re-entering the app. This makes VODs a pain to watch on mobile.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Please reduce the delay on the iOS mobile app.

I get almost no delay when watching a stream on my computer browser. Even if I use chromecast to stream to my TV from my iPad there is no delay yet the moment I switch back to watching a stream on my iPad I’m stuck with a delay of at least 15 seconds and sometimes longer. It makes interaction with the streamer extremely frustrating as the topic has moved on by the time I answer back.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Watermark Option in Mobile Client

Broadcasting from abroad is fun, but it might be cool if there is an option in mobile to embed a 1920x1080 and 1080x1920 transparent PNG with a watermark, to keep the branding almost similar to OBS on Desktop.

The fitting watermark image should be selected by detecting the landscape or portrait mode of the phone, and with preparing it for landscape or portrait the quality doesn't look stretched. Also the positioning of each graphical element is ensured to be there as planned - regardless if landscape or portrait.

As this is a local thing, the 2 PNG's are stored local,…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Clipping on mobile is limited:

clips do not seem to be give the same amount of video to work with as a normal web browser. A browser gets well over 60 seconds of footage to pull a clip of up to 60 seconds from, but the mobile app seems to be limited to working with only 60 seconds of content total. Additionally, the start point of the usable clip data seems to be locked to 5 second intervals. This is apparent when trying to clip from a VOD. For example: clicking the clip button at 1:00:01-1:00:05 all give the same data to work with for…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Bug: Repeated audio and delayed video

Fix this:

The iOS app cannot handle continuous audio playback when entering/leaving the app or locking/unlocking the phone while the app is active. With live streams, each of these actions adds a couple second of delay to the stream content. With VODs, this results in hearing the same 3-4 seconds of audio at least 3 times just from entering/leaving the app, or unlocking/locking the device.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Twitch Android Mobile App Playback Speed x2 like on Desktop

I REALLY miss the option to watch VOD with a playback speed of x2 on my Android Twitch App like on Desktop.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Reduce the delay on live streams

On iOS, there is a delay of about 10 seconds compared to desktop and even Android on live streams. This happens even when the source quality is selected. The delay makes it difficult to use the chat on busy streams, as the chat is always way ahead while the stream lags behind.

25 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Increase Font Size Option

I don't know if this is an oversight on Twitch's behalf, but you must realise that the text size on your apps is tiny. It's too small to be used comfortably by some users.

For many people either with bad eyesight or using their phones and tables to keep up with chat whilst streaming they have to put up with this tiny text that gets in the way of the enjoyment of streaming.

I, amongst others plead with you Twitch, please put larger font sizes in chat for those that need them. Be inclusive to those with less than perfect…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. The iOS App uses 100% CPU on my iPad

Since one of the latest updates the iOS App has started using 100% CPU which is draining the battery quickly and making my iPad extremely hot. I’ve verified this with a few different monitoring apps.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7
  • Don't see your idea?

Twitch Applications: Mobile

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base