Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Twitch Applications: Mobile

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Twitch Applications: Mobile

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

1. There needs to be an option to mute audio on the Twitch app. Some people enjoy listening to other music or audio while watching Twitch streams, and its not possible to mute single apps on Mobile devices. This should be easy to implement and would satisfy a large portion of the Twitch userbase.

181 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

18 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. On iOS, there is a delay of about 10 seconds compared to desktop and even Android on live streams. This happens even when the source quality is selected. The delay makes it difficult to use the chat on busy streams, as the chat is always way ahead while the stream lags behind.

116 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. A recent mobile update has caused gifted subs to pop-up in an extended chat box across the screen. This takes away from the viewing experience and can be extremely irretable on bigger streamers where a lot of subs come in. This even occurs in fullscreen and throws the chat box up on screen meaning you have to disable it again.

I'm not the streamer, I don't particularly care about gifted subs.

Please give me the option to disable this pop-up.

107 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. For mobile, tablets or app on the ps4. It would be awesome to have an autoshutdown if you fall asleep, like I do often. Maybe with a custom timer for individualy shutdown time.

86 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. iPhone app needs to be updated for iPhone X support. Black bars are annoying and makes app seem way too small.

83 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. So the latest update for the mobile app introduced channel suggestion based on your language.
    http://i.imgur.com/OKiAjRl.png
    Those appear in every game directory and on the channel directory. It would be nice to have an option to disable those. I rarely watch streams in my own language and this takes up a lot of unnecessary space for me. A polish friend also finds those rather annoying so I guess I'm not alone with this.

42 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Have the option to disable Hype Train or make it smaller because it makes the chat 50% of the screen.

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add "Connect over Wifi only" so we can avoid use of 3G/4G data

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Basically there is a pretty big problem with the mobile app and Twitch Chat: It wastes a lot of data, and a lot of battery. In big channels, specifically Esports events, there can be upwards of 100,000 people in the stream and there are hundreds of chat messages every second. This is where the problem lies, it eats your battery and you can say bye to your data.

My proposed change is to simply add a new mode that can be found in the viewing settings that allows you to just have the video fullscreen all the time (like it…

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Sometimes I start watching a stream but decide not to continue and have no intention of going back to it or I join a stream but it's for subscribers only.

These appear under "Continue Watching" and I cannot easily get rid of it, especially if it's one that requires a Subscription which I don't have.

It would be nice to have the ability to left or right swipe an entry in my "Continue Watching" section to get rid of it. Other option would be a long-press to bring up an option to remove the entry or clear all entries.

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. What I would like to see is a Twitch App geared toward creators. I only have one monitor, but I do have an iPad that I use to monitor my chat. I would love to have an app I could use from Twitch to run ads, see my chat, and manage the channel while I'm live. It would be focused and aimed at creators and not so much content consumers. Also, I would love to be able to broadcast game content from mobile devices to Twitch without having to use Mobcrush or Omlet Arcade.

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Investigating  ·  2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Accidrntally used up all my data a couple of times due to dropping wifi connection and not noticing. This setting would help to manage twitch data usage and prevent accidentally exceeding data caps.

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Tab with broadcasts which u have watch, but dont watch completely.

(it's more comfortable than search specific broadcast in channel)

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. I REALLY miss the option to watch VOD with a playback speed of x2 on my Android Twitch App like on Desktop.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. I've noticed the following thing on the Android app: when watching a video, an ad comes up (that's fine), but as soon as the ad's over, it cuts back to the video and the playback speed seems to be sped up slightly. It happened to me like 3 times now in the past week. Always the same issue.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Chat causes lag on my old iPad, did not have this problem in old version of twitch app. Please give the option to turn off chat not just minimise it.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Have theater mode on twitch app for like tablets and iPads and such, I think this would be a great addition to the Twitch mobile experience.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Since weeks emotes sent from mobile app causes a bug that normal emotes like <3 gets to &amp;lt\;3 (html code for the heart). The bot moderators recognize this as spam and often delete it from the chat.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Hello,

It would be helpful to add the feature of video statistics into the app, so we could troubleshooting problems better.

Thanks!
    BR

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Hi,

Please add option to disable "recently watched games".
    That list takes too much vertical space on my TV.

Regards,
    John

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 8 9
  • Don't see your idea?