Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Twitch Applications: Mobile

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Twitch Applications: Mobile

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

155 results found

1. We are currently testing a new layout for the Twitch mobile app. Please share your feedback so we can improve this experience as we roll it out to more users.

395 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This experiment is now closed as the new mobile redesign is rolling out to all users. Thank you for all your feedback during the experiment. We released an update to respect your autoplay settings in the feed, muted the feed on open by default (you can adjust this in your settings), and added mute functionality directly to the feed to give you more control over your viewing experience. We also enabled PIP over feed and have been continuing to improve app performance since launch. Learn more about the new app on our blog and continue to share feedback with us on the improved experience in the mobile category on UserVoice.

2. This update is actually so bad that I learned how to get here and leave a comment. Twitch pls fix this! I don’t want to open up straight to video playing.

356 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. This is absolutely awful. Revert it and stop trying to fix something that's not broken.

314 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. This update is horrible. You have made it so difficult to find the channels that I enjoy. Please consider reversing this update from July 31, 2024 .

296 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. The new TikTok FYP-style feed is a terrible format for the app to have, finding channels I regularly watch is now actively annoying. Twitch is not a platform for short-form low engagement content like TikTok, which the new format is built around. At the very least make it a separate page similar to the old Discover page and keep the old Home page for followed channels.

270 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. The fact that this UI update for twitch mobile made it through shows how insanely out of touch any of you are with your product. How anyone could possibly believe that just copy pasting the tik-tok format onto a platform that utilizes long-form content and a 16:9 aspect shows that none of you have any idea what you're doing and have no business making changes that affect your users' experience. Changes like this are going to affect the bottom line of your streamers (the people who bring eyes and money to your platform) because no one is going to want…

224 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Please, please, please provide a way to revert to the old app (android) design.

The new app design makes it incredibly difficult to see what my followed streamers are doing at a glance, and I still haven't found a way to review my followed categories.

Everything I'm shown seems to be suggestions, but 99% of the time I'm on Twitch, I want to watch the streamers and categories I know and enjoy. There were already plenty of ways to discover new streams on the old app when I wanted to do that.

For the time being I'll simply uninstall the…

190 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. TWITCH IS NOT TIK TOK, TWITCH IS NOT SHORT FORMAT VIDEOS. GIVE THE OPTION TO CHANGE THE LAYOUT BACK

180 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Dear Twitch

Since you're testing the new UX, I figured I'd send some feedback.

I really, really, REALLY dislike the new UX.

Twitch isn't TikTok. When I open Twitch, I carefully consider who I will watch judging by the thumbnails and stream titles. I will then watch those streamers until their stream ends. I never, EVER, watch a random stream and I don't think I'll ever will. Streams aren't short-form content. The random stream that opens WITH audio is therefore very annoying, It also adds unnecessary load to the overall performance of the app. If you really want to leave…

176 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Please revert the mobile UI to as it was about a month ago. This includes a lack of autoplay, seeing all followed on open, and landscape chat returning to the side of the screen while removing the obtrusive bit/cheer/interact buttons.

162 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Please revert the new mobile app update. It is so much user friendly. If I wanted to watch tiktok streams I would go to tiktok. The layout was so much better before. I don’t want streams to auto play when I open twitch. This makes browsing such a chore and I feel like the app was perfectly fine before this update.

159 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. This update is actually so bad that I learned how to get here and leave a comment. Twitch pls fix this! I don’t want to open “tiktok“ when i want to watch my favorite streamers…..

152 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Get rid of this new homepage that hides what my followed channels are doing while giving me a TikTok-style scroll feed of channels I'm not interested in.

129 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Compare to before, it is difficult to find your followed streamers. Personally, I don't use twitch to watch short form content. I mainly use twitch to watch live stream. It will be nice to have a option to turn it off, or like youtube have a seperate tab under just for the short form content. This update make me want to uninstall the app and just use the browser version.

123 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. The new mobile UI is absolutely catastrophic. I don't see perks on any of the new things, but if you need to switch it up from time to time, oh well....
    The Feed option as the new starting page is horrible. I understand that twitch probably wants to get better in the 'discovery'-department and such a feed is not a bad solution but to have it as the starting page is just unfavorable. When I go to my list of streams - start one of them - and then want to look further down the list or want to manually…

114 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. The display of the application following the last update isn't very much better. This is not intuitive (user friendly). Subscriptions are not displayed directly but you have to go to a folding panel. Subscriptions are not listed in descending order (viewers). And there are way too many options. Too many menus on the bottom that are not important on the mobile version! The fact that we arrive at a ''live'' menu where there is only one person to whom we are subscribed and then others (where we have to scroll...) that we don't know doesn't really make sense.

I obviously…

114 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. This quite literally the worst mobile update I’ve ever seen. I am here for long for video content not tiktok and this incessant push to make it that is incredibly obnoxious. I can’t see stream thumbnails or titles so it’s impossible to see what someone is doing without clicking into their stream and with the exorbitant amount of preroll ads it’s even more annoying to see what other people are doing with solely their stream category. My follower list is a mess and I’m lost as to how it’s organized because people who I haven’t watched in months are on…

113 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. For the longest time - maybe as long as the Twitch app has existed - I've been able to easily see which of the channels I follow is live. The browse section, if I recall, had an option specifically for followed channels. For whatever reason, Twitch decided to change this functionality with the 20.5.1 update that released on July 30th, and random recommendations are now forced down my throat. This is not ideal for a few reasons:

1) I'm not interested in seeking out new channels to follow on a whim, and I neither want nor appreciate the recommendations.

2)…

101 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. The exploration feed is so horrible. I had to scrounge around to figure out how to leave feedback. It does not promote exploration and discovery. It actually just slows down my user flow and puts me farther away from the content I want. The auto stream feed is laggy and redundant to the actual stream with chat open
    It is clunky and poorly designed. Please fix it.

100 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I preferred when I chose something to watch, rather than something automatically turned on. Making the following list less easily accessible is also frustrating.

98 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8
  • Don't see your idea?