Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Twitch Applications: Mobile

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Twitch Applications: Mobile

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

93 results found

1. I think having mod view to make it easier for moderators to moderate twitch channels on mobile is easier either as part of the twitch app already or as a separate standalone app which you login with your twitch account and it shows who you are moderator for so you can chose the streamer

185 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

22 comments  ·  Android  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Have the option to disable Hype Train or make it smaller because it makes the chat 50% of the screen.

126 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Android  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. On March 31 2022, Twitch announced a new "Mod Feature: /announce" where people could use /announce and then a message would be higlighted in chat.

This has been proven to be useful for many chats and different uses. The only problem with it in it's current implementation, is that it doesn't work on the official Twitch Mobile Andriod App.

As a moderator on mobile, you can do "/announce and then your message". This will only appears on people who are using the PC/Web Browser versions of Twitch, and will not appear for anyone using the mobile application.

Thus, if people…

119 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Android  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I like being able to change all of my apps notification sounds so I know what the notification is without even turning my head to look at my phone.

Right now with the new update it just uses the notification sound as set in Android settings, which can conflict with other notifications. I'd like to be able to change the notification sound for the Twitch app specifically, like many other apps on Android allow you to do.

43 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Android  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Hey,

I noticed that on twitch iOS it's possible to zoom on the screen while watching a stream and that's really useful cause sometimes we simply can not see small letters on screen or things like that,

Since I use a Samsung S6 (Android) and now it won't let me zoom anymore the screen, it would be really good since no one would be against, it's easy to make and pretty useful, I'm sure tons of people will enjoy (the one that will notice it ofc :p)

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Android  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I've noticed the following thing on the Android app: when watching a video, an ad comes up (that's fine), but as soon as the ad's over, it cuts back to the video and the playback speed seems to be sped up slightly. It happened to me like 3 times now in the past week. Always the same issue.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Android  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. While in fullscreen mode: allow the stream to go from landscape to landscape flipped without having the 'auto rotate' Android setting on.

The YouTube app works this way and I find myself missing it more than I expected when using the Twitch app.

In case the above isn't clear...
    1. Auto rotate is off
    2. Full screen stream
    3. Orient device to landscape
    4. Rotate device 180° (flipped landscape)
    5. Stream also rotates 180°

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Android  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Please add the option to disable the video previews in the list of followed channels (added in a recent update). This "feature" only impedes my ability to browse my LONG list of followed channels, making the process of seeing who is online much more difficult and time-consuming. To be clear, I want text only, the way the list used to be. Please.

Upon updating the app, my immediate reaction was "this is annoying, I hate it; where is the option to revert this change?" However, combing through the options for the app does not appear to offer this option. Why…

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Android  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Android  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Hello,

It would be helpful to add the feature of video statistics into the app, so we could troubleshooting problems better.

Thanks!
    BR

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Android  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. When using wide aspect phones in landscape, if you open the chat it overlays the video while there's still space to the left. A better solution is to move the video left while leaving the chat on the right, using the whole screen space. (Similar to what Google meet does when opening the chat)

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I'd love to use the Stream-Manager on my Android tablet (with a magnetic keyboard attached), but the feature is portrait only for some reason. It would be great to be able to respont to comments on the tablet's physical keyboard.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. BLOCK PHONE SCREEN FROM VIEWERS DURING MOBILE GAME STREAMS

I was wondering if we could make the mobile streaming while playing a mobile game a bit safer.

I'd like the ability to blind my viewers when playing a mobile game, bc sometimes certain games have certain in game notifications that cant be turned off, and pop up upon game start that show my email or other types of information I may not want shown asking me certain things, including updates for games.

I'd like the ability to push an eyeball indicator which will blind the screen and allow me to…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I recently upgraded my phone to the Pixel 5 with a hole punch camera in the front.

Netflix and Youtube support this via a pinch out zoom and fills the width of the screen, it appears that the Twitch app is almost there as it seems to support a pinch out zoom but it won't go all the way over and stops with a black bar over the camera and status bar area.

I would like the pinch out to zoom to fill the whole screen! Thank you

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Android  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I'd love to see Twitch get its own VR app or a VR option in the current app, maybe somewhat similar to YouTube VR's interface. I'd be happy to pay a fee for the use or possibly have it included in the price of Turbo.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. When i chromecast a twitch vod (assuming it happens on live streams too) to my tv and pause the vod, the cast will close after only a few mins. My other apps like Hulu, YouTube, and Netflix don't do this and can be paused for much longer. From what i understand this timeout is set by the app developer.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. "Flex Mode" is a feature of Samsung's foldable devices that allows an app to detect when the device is folded and move UI elements to best accommodate a partially folded device. A great example is the YouTube app playing a video on the top half of a folded screen, while the user is free to leave comments or scroll through recommended videos on the bottom. This feature would be incredibly nice in the Twitch app, where leaving comments is such a vital part of a livestream. Simply allow the video to fill the top half of the folded screen and…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Especially for tablets, it would be nice if the Stream-Manager could be also used in landscape mode, with chat and activity feed next to each other instead of on top of each other. The user should be able to decide on his own which should be on the right and on the left.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. When watching vods or clips on the horizontal mobile player, tapping to bring up controls makes the follow, notification, and sub buttons pop up. WHY??

When you're watching live it's not a huge deal because you don't need to use the seek bar. But watching a vod or clip, it's insanely annoying having those buttons take up a third of the screen every time you want to go back a few seconds. If I'm watching a vod from a channel I've been subbed to for a year, why I would want the option to unsub and unfollow them popping up…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. The pre-roll ads interrupt the ability to cast to another device; it's annoying to click on a stream, go to click to cast button, but get interrupted by at least 15 seconds of ads (but sometimes much longer!). I can only cast to my smart tv after the ads finish.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?