Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Twitch Applications: Consoles

This forum is for ideas only*. Learn how it works.

We welcome your feedback about the viewing experience on console apps, but please note we cannot take feedback regarding the streaming experience on them, as it is developed by the respective console

Note: Submitting an idea does not guarantee that Twitch will take action on the feedback provided. We'll provide updates when we have new information for you. Learn about our statuses & see answers to FAQs about the feedback forums.

*Suggestions with non-constructive (no actionable) feedback, appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, and suggestions disparaging others may be closed without comment. Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery.

Support Information & Links:
  • Help Portal: Tons of articles that may answer your questions.
  • Email Support: Available to assist users 24/7, please use the Contact Us form in the Help Portal.
  • Live Chat (beta): Open to all Partners & Affiliates [Monday to Friday, from 1 AM (01:00) to 5 PM (17:00) PST].
  • @TwitchSupport (on Twitter): Available Monday to Friday, from 1 AM (1:00) to 5 PM (17:00) PST.

Twitch Applications: Consoles

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

294 results found

1. Change the app back to how it use to be on xbox series. It updated and it's horrible. Had to relog in. You have to scan a qr code to chat which is ridiculous. The categories are randomly scattered and in no order which you can't change. Categories and streams are surround by a blinding white box now and everything seems jumbled together. I swear a room full of 3 year Olds designed this new layout. NOTHING about it is better.

542 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

218 comments  ·  Xbox  ·  Admin →
  2. I would love to see a chat box with the time that i have been streaming all together I have missed messages from people when i was not looking at my laptop
    can you make that happen thanks.

323 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. When you want to change a game with the twitch app or restart it the stream automatically ends and you have to restart. This is a problem for when your game freezes especially because you have to restart and you will lose your viewers

289 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →
  4. The new update on PS5 makes you scan a QR code and forces you to chat thru your phone. Why this was implemented is beyond me. If we wanted to use our phones we would. What if a user doesn't have a phone? The update literally makes watching on PS5 pointless if you like to chat.

222 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. It doesn't work correctly and It's not cause the xbox one isn't capable of doing it, mixer works great. Please support it Twitch, I would love to stream my games correctly on my x1

185 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Xbox  ·  Admin →
  6. Enable placement options, like camera placement for the broadcasting - viewers banner. It tends to get in the way of text and radars on games

163 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Xbox  ·  Admin →
  7. Have an option to allow Xbox or play station to have their party or game chat audio heard while streaming. As well as, notify others that someone is streaming and give them an option to disable their own voice if they don't want to be heard.

148 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. streaming on ps4 is frustrating without the above, if you offered psn users some overlay options that would be awesome. you can even use it to advertise movies and games etc.

141 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  PlayStation  ·  Admin →
  9. Xbox just came out with webcam support on xbox one and it would benefit the streamers who stream through the twitch app on xbox one if i was able to use a webcam for a face cam. So if it's possible I'd love to see the twitch app as part of the apps able to use the webcam

130 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Xbox  ·  Admin →
  10. So as of now, if you're a streamer who uses multiple PSN ID's or XBox One Accounts, for whatever reason (Mine being my wife and I both play, and would both like to stream solo when the other isnt there, on our sites stream), you must jump through hoops to do so.

First you have to disable the currently linked account on the PC, then re-link the one you would like to use, every single time.

There must be a better way. Linking the authorization to the entire console, using broadcast keys, any number of other solutions.

The only other…

126 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  11. Change the app back to how it was, as the most recent update has ruined the app VOD now no longer has chat visible. The continue watching section is gone and the app can no longer be controlled via remote and must be controlled with a controller. The whole app is much slower to use and feels like it is struggling. Please revert it to how it was as although the last version was not perfect, it worked considerably better than this one.

109 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. There's no reason the Series X/S can't stream at 60 FPS in 2022. I use Lightstream and despite offering 60 FPS as a subscription, it doesn't work due to the Twitch app not being updated to handle it.

107 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

39 comments  ·  Xbox  ·  Admin →
  13. Not sure if the PS4 Version was updated or not but I will assume that it was.

The update basically made the app terrible; no more "Continue Watching", streamers "All Videos" have about 10-12 with no way of looking at all past streams, App no longer remembers the last quality setting you used it always defaults to auto, can't press square to open chat anymore, home screen is a cluttered mess, switching tabs to following or any other feels laggy and looks choppy.

What happened? The app looks and feels like a ****** smart tv app, please consider rolling back…

102 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  PlayStation  ·  Admin →
  14. The twitch app on the Xbox One isn't the best, For instance, when you start your broadcast, you have to keep restarting until it says "lagging", If it says your "live", you actually aren't. Also when snapping your messages and stuff, the stream would sometimes crash! Also, how about adding an option to keep your camera on screen when you go off the game and you get the pause screen, then you could keep on interacting better with your viewers! These problems are not ones i am only having myself, virtually everyone i have spoke to, who use it, have…

93 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Xbox  ·  Admin →
  15. The fact that you guys took away to ability to chat for people on console just seems bad to be honest. Not everyone can afford a mobile phone or even a pc, I would love to see this feature come back.

92 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Xbox users need the ability to show their twitch chat on screen So we do not have to look away to talk with our cat it would be way easier to have a transparent window that shows us the chat off to the side. I know this is possible because playstation's app allows them to do that my friend says it all the time and can chat with his viewers without looking away. Please Twitch give us this feature thank you..

81 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Xbox  ·  Admin →
  17. in what world would somebody want a downgraded watered down version of the app where you can't read Chat, the entire other vital half of a stream
    why would you even think to take it away even for a fraction of a second, let alone having versions of the app already without it

Admin audit: removed unnecessarily derogatory portion of title

72 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  18. The app doesn't have the ability to set the video quality, it just uses the auto feature like on mobile. This seems to cause the stream to constantly change quality. Adding a stream quality option would improve the app immensely. Also, when in fullscreen mode, the video doesn't scale correctly to my TV. I know I have the resolution and screen bounding set correctly because it works for other apps, as well as games. I would like to be able to have the full screen mode use the bounds that can be set in the PS4 settings.

55 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  PlayStation  ·  Admin →
  19. It would be cool if we could see FFZ and BTTV chrome extension emotes on console. Id love to be able to see and use these emotes on my console just like i can on my pc. Its not as good to read chat emotes as words rather than seeing them as actual emotes. I know these are google chrome extensions, but im sure something could be worked out.

52 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Xbox  ·  Admin →
  20. I think streamers on xb1 and ps4 twitch streamers should be able to have access to overlay, and follower alert templates to be integrated to their streams, as me being one myself and watching many other console streamers it's kinda sad to see streamers with all these things looking more professional so drawing in more views than people using the console just because they have more access to things that appeal to a larger auidience

52 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 14 15
  • Don't see your idea?