Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Twitch Applications: Consoles

This forum is for ideas only*. Learn how it works.

We welcome your feedback about the viewing experience on console apps, but please note we cannot take feedback regarding the streaming experience on them, as it is developed by the respective console

Note: Submitting an idea does not guarantee that Twitch will take action on the feedback provided. We'll provide updates when we have new information for you. Learn about our statuses & see answers to FAQs about the feedback forums.

*Suggestions with non-constructive (no actionable) feedback, appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, and suggestions disparaging others may be closed without comment. Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery.

Support Information & Links:
  • Help Portal: Tons of articles that may answer your questions.
  • Email Support: Available to assist users 24/7, please use the Contact Us form in the Help Portal.
  • Live Chat (beta): Open to all Partners & Affiliates [Monday to Friday, from 1 AM (01:00) to 5 PM (17:00) PST].
  • @TwitchSupport (on Twitter): Available Monday to Friday, from 1 AM (1:00) to 5 PM (17:00) PST.

Twitch Applications: Consoles

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

30 results found

1. Change the app back to how it was, as the most recent update has ruined the app VOD now no longer has chat visible. The continue watching section is gone and the app can no longer be controlled via remote and must be controlled with a controller. The whole app is much slower to use and feels like it is struggling. Please revert it to how it was as although the last version was not perfect, it worked considerably better than this one.

109 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. On Xbox ( and PlayStation )Make it so you can capture audio from background music apps such as Spotify or YouTube in the background to Play non DMCA music. It’s difficult to grow and it’s a good filler to silence and it keeps viewers interested. I ask you to have an option in your app for this or to just have it as an accessibility thing in menus. I feel like this is needed and heavily wanted as it helps so much and helps the entertainment levels stay up. Please and thank you twitch staff :)

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Bring back old version of the console twitch app now! It was good and it worked and I could watch months of vods and catch up on them. It worked fine, twitch didn’t need to change anything.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I want Layouts when I broadcast and so do you. Twitch can use Stramlabs or make there own OBs on their page I would use it and put layouts on our streams.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. About 4 hours ago(20th Nov 2023) the twitch app on the PS4 received an update. To say it is a backwards step in development is an understatement. the UI is offensive on the eyes (e.g. channels on the main screen have a glaring white box when they are highlighted, the menu button are from the 90s, to name a couple), things are no longer sorted into a logical order, and the best one, you are no longer able to type in chat without scanning a QR code on a separate device and utilising that to interact in chat.
    For a…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. It's a fools errand to continue down the UI path in which you're going, I mean the entire thing just simply does not work to even a very basic degree from a UI standpoint, buttons don't highlight, everything is like a slug, 85% of twitch features are completely unavailable or inaccessible. Want to full screen? Change resolution? Tough, you can't access the buttons because the UI doesn't show you what is actually being selected.

It's not acceptable. It's objectively a massive regression from what existed for the better part of a DECADE. The only thing this update has accomplished over…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Let Twitch viewers on PlayStation/X Box chat in streams again without having to use outside means to chat. Will honestly make the whole thing easier to use

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. The twitch app on the base xbox one streams the same capabilities that the xbox series x can stream. The new generation xbox is very powerful, I’d assume it would be capable of a streaming in much better resolution and frames than the base xbox one. I feel as if the twitch app on the console should be updated to correctly display an upgrade in stream quality. 1080p@60 would be Nice.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Have a button on your creator dashboard or your console broadcast menu to enable certain types of alerts for any size streams on any device.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. giving console streamers the ability to edit the stream info choose a category for the stream without having to edit it thru the phone

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. It would be great to be able to filter streamers from low to high on xbox series s app. Also to filter people with webcam and microphone. When I pick a streamer.. I look to see if they have a camera first and then I will look at their title. Its so annoying having to scroll for ages to find someone with 0 or 1 viewers

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Ok so consoles tend to only allow streaming to one service at a time but is it possible we as streamers could have an option on twitch itself to have twitch restream to other services too. Perhaps even picking up chat from those services through chat bot so we can see exactly who is saying what and on what platform

For example i pick to go live on twitch and twitch would then restream to my linked facebook page or youtube account

Im aware you can use third parties for this purpose but it would be so much better and…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I don't expect to be able to stream from a Wii U natively, but a way to watch via Wii U would be great. Technically the Wii U web browser works but in my experience it's awkward and low quality, plus there's no chat.
    I've asked Nintendo about it and they said it's on Twitch to take the first step.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Ps5 can stream 60fps but the twitch app on series x is capped at 1080p 30fps!?!?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. The new update for consoles has done a few changes that aren't great for the user experience. The biggest issue currently is the ability to see chat replay on VODs as was showing in the app before the update.

Please re-enable so that people can enjoy watching VODs again!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. If console watchers had access to pc and knew about this area, there would be thousands of requests to fix your useless and broken console app.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Please add the Twitch App to Oculus Quest 2 store. Thanks!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Please consider letting us use Twitch Studio on consoles, or let us customize our streams by giving us an option to set up screens for "streaming soon" (before stream starts), "pause stream" (when you need take a short break) and "see you soon" (at the end of the stream). Fully customizable, where we can edit the look (by uploading images/screenshots) and text/titles. We need our streams look a bit more professional!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. If console watchers had access to pc and knew about this area, there would be thousands of requests to fix your useless and broken console app.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?