Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Twitch Applications: Consoles

This forum is for ideas only*. Learn how it works.

We welcome your feedback about the viewing experience on console apps, but please note we cannot take feedback regarding the streaming experience on them, as it is developed by the respective console

Note: Submitting an idea does not guarantee that Twitch will take action on the feedback provided. We'll provide updates when we have new information for you. Learn about our statuses & see answers to FAQs about the feedback forums.

*Suggestions with non-constructive (no actionable) feedback, appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, and suggestions disparaging others may be closed without comment. Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery.

Support Information & Links:
  • Help Portal: Tons of articles that may answer your questions.
  • Email Support: Available to assist users 24/7, please use the Contact Us form in the Help Portal.
  • Live Chat (beta): Open to all Partners & Affiliates [Monday to Friday, from 1 AM (01:00) to 5 PM (17:00) PST].
  • @TwitchSupport (on Twitter): Available Monday to Friday, from 1 AM (1:00) to 5 PM (17:00) PST.

Twitch Applications: Consoles

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

46 results found

1. I would love to see a chat box with the time that i have been streaming all together I have missed messages from people when i was not looking at my laptop
    can you make that happen thanks.

323 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Have an option to allow Xbox or play station to have their party or game chat audio heard while streaming. As well as, notify others that someone is streaming and give them an option to disable their own voice if they don't want to be heard.

148 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. The fact that you guys took away to ability to chat for people on console just seems bad to be honest. Not everyone can afford a mobile phone or even a pc, I would love to see this feature come back.

92 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I think streamers on xb1 and ps4 twitch streamers should be able to have access to overlay, and follower alert templates to be integrated to their streams, as me being one myself and watching many other console streamers it's kinda sad to see streamers with all these things looking more professional so drawing in more views than people using the console just because they have more access to things that appeal to a larger auidience

52 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Why remove the ability to text while using the PlayStation app. I just don't understand the concept you just made me not want to use twitch even more. I don't understand how removing the ability to type on the PlayStation app helps twitch in any way shape or form if anything it definitely makes things more difficult for people who want to watch on their big TV like me but also occasionally want to send a message to the Creator.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Current app update on xbox requires a user to scan a qr code then use a mobile device in order to type in chat. The ability to type in chat should be native to the Xbox app and not require external devices.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I would love to have the option to get rid of the broadcast bar and to customize it. It would be nice to change the opacity of it and to move something like view count, length of stream and if your mic is on or off individually.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. We need twitch alerts for the xbox one and ps4 apps.. just give us the option to add apps to it because other streamers have a bigger advantage because of it

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Hello, I would like to request to remove the unfollow button in the home screen from the new update. My home isn't big and has another TV in the side living room and when they use the controller, they sometimes unfollow the current channel I'm watching.

Please, remove the unfollow button from this home watch screen, it's very unnecessary, counterintuitive and causes a lot of trouble.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Please give us ability to completely hide the streamer bar when live. This bar is incredibly intrusive and hides critical information at time.
    We should be able to hide / add transparency/ or make it smaller somehow. No need for the bar to be so big when it only displays like 4 icons.

Give us the ability to resize webcam, zoom in, as well as edit basic things in console like brightness, contrast, color temp.

Allow us to add external microphone as input without having to use headset.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add creator dashboard and stream features on PlayStation and Xbox consoles.

Have a better recording display for live streaming on Xbox consoles.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. It should be possible to stream using the ps4 built in twitch stream, and to be able to use a camera from a pc as part of the stream experience. It would give more consoles players more incentive to stream without having to buy a capture card or to spend more money on getting a pc to run capture software and it would make people use overlays a lot more if they can have both at the same time.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. The year is 2023 and we still don't have closed captioning on the PS4 app. This is a failure of accessibility and needs to be rectified ASAP.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. It would be great to go full screen camera so we can have just chatting sessions with our communities, at least since we can’t react to other content like Youtube, console streaming could be easier for everyone

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. A Video Producer For Xbox And A Way To Upload Straight To YouTube.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. It would be cool with the new powerfull consoles that we got better optimization like incresed resolution and bitrate
    1444p cap
    And a new bitrate cap to 8500

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. For people that play on Xbox, their streams look a bit plain so it would be nice if we could have some overlays like chat, webcam, and ALERTS!! Just a way to level up Xbox users' streams so we can grow easier.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. When I'm watching creators post-live stream - on a laptop or through an Amazon fire stick, you can see where copyright music has been muted in the stream indicated as a red line. Please can this be a feature on the PlayStation Twitch Application as it just mutes with a copyright concern pop up and have no clue how far to fast forward to get the stream audio back. Would be more ideal if an option please.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I want to use my iPad as a camera and mic at the same time can we make this possible

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. For cosole streamers have an option to preview your stream to check camera angle and position, etc before actually streaming.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?