Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Charity

ATTENTION! Regarding charity requests...

The charity tool is now fully integrated with the PayPal Giving Fund, so if your charity is registered there, you should be able to find it to start a fundraising campaign. In the case you find your charity missing, please reach out to the organization regarding registering with the PayPal Giving Fund. You can learn more about how to sign up your charity here: https://help.twitch.tv/s/article/twitch-charity-charities. For more information on Twitch’s Charity Tool, please feel free to access our FAQ Help Article: https://help.twitch.tv/s/article/twitch-charity-faqs.

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea to check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Upvoting existing ideas will increase the weight behind the idea, as opposed to multiple similar requests (we will combine these anyway)
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information
If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Charity

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

134 results found

1. Twitch's current community guidelines focuses behaviors that happen on site but many nonprofits do not stream or engage on Twitch. And becoming a nonprofit within the United States is relatively easy and affordable. FB, Google, and YouTube have stances against nonprofits that are discriminatory in nature or provide access only if the recipient of the program converts to their religion. Allowing nearly any nonprofit to be fundraised for through Twitch's charity product opens a new vector for abuse one that has serious real world implications given that money is involved.

800 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

30 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow streamer the option to donate all channel revenue (subs, cheers, sales) directly to a charity. For maximum transparency the money could go from Twitch directly to the charity, and ideally maybe Twitch would consider taking a lesser percentage so that more of the money gets to the charity?

308 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  3. smile.amazon.com allows amazon users to select a charity organization from a massive database and 0.5% of purchases will be given to that charity.

It would be fantastic if users on Twitch could select a charity from the existing Amazon Smile database on their Twitch profile settings, where an amount is taken from the Twitch portion of every sub purchase or bit purchase. The broadcaster receives the same amount, but a small percentage is donated from the bit fee or Twitch portion of sub revenue. Users making this choice could receive a special chat badge indicating they support a charity!

In…

201 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  4. I have seen many automated replies about charities that have requested to be added with a comment of "At this time, the charity tool is fully integrated with the PayPal Giving Fund; so if your charity is registered there, you can already find it to start a fundraising campaign"

However, many charities that are already in the PayPal Giving Fund do not appear in Twitch's charity list - a request I logged provided this as an example.

Can someone from Twitch confirm that you have restricted this to ONLY charities based in the US? This question does not seem to…

168 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. The MELBA Foundation would like to be integrated into Twitch's Charity Tool. Our mission is to help make music education more accessible and affordable to students who live in underprivileged communities. We love the music community on Twitch and plan on being more involved once we get integrated so we can start fundraising!

We are all set up on Paypal Giving Fund: paypal.com/us/fundraiser/charity/4897172

The MELBA Foundation (88 - 3934358) is a memorial scholarship that offers affordable music lessons to students who aren't able to afford music education. We also donate books and school supplies to elementary schools in Romblon, Philippines.

116 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow ALL creators--not just Affiliates and Partners--access to Charity. I've been notified of charity in my dashboard, but it's not available nor accessible via the link.

Regardless of contracts, supporting a charity should be available to all that wish to.

112 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  7. Twitch has stated time and time again that they do not make money from charity streams. While this is technically true insofar as donations using the tool are concerned, from my reading of the FAQ, they still make money from their cut of subscription fees, bit sales, and advertisements run during charity streams.

While bit sale profits are hard to manage because of its nature as a currency that can be bought at any time from any or no channel, and subscriptions may be hard from a logistics standpoint to funnel Twitch's take to the charity, there is an easy…

102 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  8. Twitch should add Black Mafia's Non-Profit to their charity tool so we can stand in solidarity with their cause and support their efforts on preventing racism, bigotry, and queerphobia in gaming spaces!

55 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. We shouldn't have to create a UserVoice for every hate group "charity" that we find in the charity search.

Since Twitch isn't going to vet all the organizations it adds to the charity search, please add a report button to each charity description so that we can notify you of them and not have to go through UserVoice again and again.

54 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow streamers to include text with their goal so they they could explain why they are doing the charity goal or why they chose this charity/etc.

This could replace the [Every dollar counts!] text in the popup at the top of chat?

51 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. As a creator who sees a lot of potential with the new built-in Twitch Charity fundraising feature, I think it would be worthwhile to consider additional donation methods. Many Twitch users already utilize Bits to support their favorite creators, and while Twitch takes a cut when purchasing Bits, 100% of Bits cheered in a creator's chat goes straight to the creator themselves.

What if there was a way for creators to route all revenue from Bits to support a specific charity during a built-in fundraiser? There's evidence of Bits serving as a fantastic resource for charities in the past on…

50 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Alright Twitch, let's go on this ride again. There is a multitude of hate groups in your charity tool and it is simply unacceptable.

You claim you can do "thorough research" to determine if a group is acceptable to be on your platform or not, so I'll focus on listing some of them and you can do your job :)

• Alliance Defending Freedom
    • Chalcedon Foundation
    • The Salvation Army of Greater Charlotte
    • The Salvation Army (There's 5 of them)
    • Salvation Army National Corporation
    • The Salvation Army, Miami Adult Rehabilitation Center
    • The Salvation Army a Georgia Corporation
    • The Salvation Army Adult Rehabilitation…
    49 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  13. I am not in the closed beta of the new charity feature so I am going by what I have seen in Twitter posts and streams so far.

From what I gathered when a charity stream is active, the subscription button is replaced by a donate type button for the charity. I do not mind this at all BUT I would love to see the donate button AND subscription button be both present on a channel.

I asked this because some people doing charities use subs as a goal for different gimmicks for the stream as well as donation goals…

44 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. have more indigenous charities that help first nations people. like AISES or American Indian college fund or association on American Indian affairs just to name a couple. but if twitch is going to be all-inclusive then let them include the first nation charities

Admin edit: https://www.firstnations.org/ways-to-give/

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. This is a huge part for fundraising.
    Knowing when a donation comes in, showing it on screen and bringing the hype!
    Calling out the donators and thanking them.

Right now, as a content creator, you don't see it unless you have the chat popped out and even then, it's easy to miss.

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  16. I am loving the new Charity options and it helped me kick off my first fundraiser! I would love to see an option for an on screen alert/ browser source from Twitch so we can better recognize the folks that are helping out. Showing it in the chat can get lost during faster conversations and I believe in recognition for those that go above and beyond by helping out.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. For ease of use and sharing, it would be fantastic to have a "charity" page for streamers on their Twitch channels. Currently we have to direct people to click the Subscribe/Donate button and there is not a good way to send people directly to a page where they can donate without having to do that. This would be especially useful for promoting our fundraising efforts to people who are not necessarily familiar with Twitch but want to participate.

Please add "charity" as a separate page for every twitch channel - alongside the current ones for Home, About, Schedule, and Videos.…

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Twitch's official Twitch Charity integration currently creates a Donate button that replaces the Subscribe button; however, viewers can still choose to Subscribe during these charity streams, and there's no mechanism for Bits to be used to donate.

Twitch Charity is explicitly marketed as a way to avoid having to count Subs/Bits as part of the donation process, and yet Twitch Charity does not change this issue whatsoever. Streamers would still have to manually calculate their income from a charity stream and donate that amount (potentially having to wait for their next payout to be able to do so, in some…

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I would like to see a few UK/Global charities added to the feature such as ones for Autism and music

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Give charities the ability to launch a Twitch Channel with a badge (e.g. :bleedpurple:) and instead of a subscribe button offer a SUPPORT button that shows the option to make a donation or start a fundraising campaign.

Allow charities to create events that are visible in the creator dashboard -- this would be useful right now (September 19th) as creators are looking for ways to support PR and if they fundraise on Twitch instead of Tiltify or StreamLabs the funds are not earmarked specifically for PR.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7
  • Don't see your idea?