Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Video Performance

Video Performance

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

1. VOD's need a drastic update! How do you expect that users upload videos if even the past broadcast function doesent work properly?

A couple feature that we are in desperate need of:

• General stability update

• On the fly rewind

• VOD search (Title) for viewers

• VOD ratings systems (viewers can vote 1-5 stars)

• Viewer VOD Ranking (depending on rating)

• Skip muted parts (setting)

• remove the commentary function

• mobile download cache (look at VOD's offline)

668 votes
    Sign in Sign in with: OpenID Connect
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

78 comments  ·  Playback Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 392 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

115 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Audio only option for pc. I know that they have this option on the twitch app, and i would want to see this on pc as well. Sometimes 1080p 60fps and 720p 60fps streams (without quality options) can result in high temps for laptops. Not to mention that this benefits people who want to hear the stream in the background without having to load the video portion of the stream.

259 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

33 comments  ·  Playback Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 171 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

33 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Planned  ·  Anonymous responded

Let us know in the comments your experience with streams using lowered delay options.

Note: Not all broadcasters have this enabled, and comes at the cost of different buffering for some viewers.

5. First of all, forgive my mistakes in English is not my native language. I made this in two languages to make more people able to vote for this.

/////////////////////////////////////////

Primero de todo, disculpar mis errores en inglés, no es mi lenguaje nativo. He hecho esto en dos idiomas para poder conseguir que más gente que vote esta iniciativa. La petición en español se encuentra debajo de la explicación en inglés.

EXPLANATION IN ENGLISH.

Dear staff of Twitch.tv,

it’s been a little time for me doing live broadcasts and I would like to address an issue that I been thinking closely…

89 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Playback Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. It would be great if you guys could set an African, or South African, server up at some point in the not-too-distant future. I live in South Africa and have a really hard time streaming to any of the EU, let alone the NA or Asian ones. Currently YouTube has streaming servers here but it just isn't the same streaming to YouTube Gaming. The Twitch community is what makes it what it is and not being able to run a stable stream from here in South Africa turns so many would-be streamers away from potential bright futures on Twitch.tv. We…

78 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Streams buffer every second and you watch more of a buffer circle than stream! My internet and computer are far too good to not be able to even watch a stream without buffer in high quality let alone ANY quality. I used to watch twitch everyday now I can't watch ANY anymore! Fix your platform.

76 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. How it currently works is that the broadcaster outputs their audio with the single channel for the viewer to listen to, but as an opt-in feature the broascaster could output two or more audio channels, an example being one for microphone, one for game sounds, and maybe even one for music if the broadcaster plays music.

To enable said tweeking it would be located under the advanced features to enable 'Split-Audio Channels', and therefore would allow the user to - rather than mute - click the speaker icon to allow the list of audio channels that the broadcaster is using.

72 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Playback Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. ... because your stream stopped and will never RECONNECT unless I refresh the page, and when I do you fucking hit me with an ad again... and again... and again. Worst, it's always the same fucking add!

I can't report the real problem. So I'm reporting the real problem here. It's not the ad is the same, it's that you obviously can fucking tell I'm still same person, still have me as logged in when I refresh. So you can obviously fucking tell I just watched you fucking add a minute ago!

70 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. I understand people can't watch HQ streams because they have low internet speed but it's not fair for those who can.Games have a lot of foliage which makes the game look very bad.

67 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Destroy this lags every 10 secs

62 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. The video pauses alone from time to time. I really dont know why, It does not have a pattern. I have to press F5 a couple times until it stops.

55 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 54 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Few days ago i can easily watch couple of streams at the same time on Source, now i can't even watch one of them, please fix this.

44 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. all of the fucking streams i watch on the latest internet router and i have it weird to my PC it lags like fucking shit!

42 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. all the streams i watch buffer every 5 seconds and will go on for the whole stream at times it gets so bad it will buffer non stop for 20 minuets i cant watch any streams and it makes me so upset that i cant watch my favorite streamer im begging you please fix it

35 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. I've been uploading old vods for the purpose of vodcasting on a channel I'm editor for for the last week, and long muted sections have been a recurring problem. It takes hours to upload and process a vod, just to find out that long sections are muted and there's nothing I can do about them at vodcast time.

Some suggestions
    1. When vods are vodcasted, play them unmuted (since they aren't archived anyway and are essentially canned live broadcasts)
    2. Allow a way to quickly remove muted sections from a vod
    3. Provide editors the ability to fast-forward through vods…

29 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Playback Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Planned  ·  Kevin Pan responded

Agreed that the muting experience is not ideal right now. We will look into this, but lots of things to build and improve for Twitch VODs.

18. turn off the goddamn autoplay.

27 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. all is in the title. ad quality should be the same as the stream quality.

18 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. The 5 seconds skip button doesn't work since maybe one week

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7