Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Video Performance

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Video Performance

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

179 results found

1. The only servers at the moment in SA are located in Brazil. Even though we are in the same continent, that doesn't means that the connection would be great for those who use the servers. I'm from Chile and even though I have 600m/s upload connection I'm losing frames constantly. Adding a server for those who live to the South part(Chile, Argentina, Bolivia, Peru) could have at least one server in any of those countries and the North part can use the server at Brazil or add another server even more to the North.

740 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

60 comments  ·  Servers  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. It would be great if you guys could set an African, or South African, server up at some point in the not-too-distant future. I live in South Africa and have a really hard time streaming to any of the EU, let alone the NA or Asian ones. Currently YouTube has streaming servers here but it just isn't the same streaming to YouTube Gaming. The Twitch community is what makes it what it is and not being able to run a stable stream from here in South Africa turns so many would-be streamers away from potential bright futures on Twitch.tv. We…

725 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

114 comments  ·  Servers  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. In you have the a streamers page open.

And the streamer goes live

The stream does not autostart

This is related to https://github.com/twitchdev/issues/issues/235

Possible related notes exist on BlueLava's desk

461 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. At 11:00 (KST), I received a notification email that limit the video quality to 720p in Korea due to the network fee burden. Twitch should have informed Korean users at least a few weeks ago and had to come up with other alternatives. This is considered sufficiently discriminatory compared to global users. Please postpone these restrictions and come up with alternatives.

361 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. To put it simple: I'd like to stream my 1080p60 gameplay in better quality.

My guess is that everyone would like to do it.

For example: YouTube Gaming's recommended bitrate ranges from 4,500 to 9,000 kbps for 1080p60. Here we can use up to 3,100 without having fear that the stream will stutter a lot for the viewers.

Would be awesome if we could get it here as well. Along with Quality options.

As a NON-partner.

Give us a chance to grow our channels with quality from the beginning.

300 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. AV1 encoding support should be a priority add to the website. AV1 encoding is a big improvement in visual quality to streams over CPU and GPU encoding options. Discord already added it, and I believe YouTube has it as well, it's very surprising to me that Twitch hasn't added this and there isn't even an ETA on it being added yet.

279 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

98 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I understand people can't watch HQ streams because they have low internet speed but it's not fair for those who can.Games have a lot of foliage which makes the game look very bad.

195 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. First of all, forgive my mistakes in English is not my native language. I made this in two languages to make more people able to vote for this.

/////////////////////////////////////////

Primero de todo, disculpar mis errores en inglés, no es mi lenguaje nativo. He hecho esto en dos idiomas para poder conseguir que más gente que vote esta iniciativa. La petición en español se encuentra debajo de la explicación en inglés.

EXPLANATION IN ENGLISH.

Dear staff of Twitch.tv,

it’s been a little time for me doing live broadcasts and I would like to address an issue that I been thinking closely…

142 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. At the moment, both the Twitch homepage and the actual streaming servers are only reachable over the old IPv4. As there already are providers which only connect their users with DualStack-Lite (this means, IPv6 native and IPv4 over a relatively slow tunnel protocol), it would be good for bandwith-expensive websites like twitch to be reachable over IPv6 - for both the homepage and the streaming servers.

117 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Additionally, it should NEVER choose any other quality than the last selected. It is utterly annoying having to change quality, reload the page and then make sure the quality doesn't change on it's own, before getting to watch streams.

101 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Dear Sirs,

I am from Karachi, Pakistan and I am unable to stream properly on twitch as i get high latency on it so please launch Middle east /Pakistani servers for twitch. Due to the unavailability of these servers. I am either directed to Mumbai, Singapore or EU servers on which i get 140ms plus ping if there will be middle east servers. I will be getting around 10 to 40ms ping which would be perfectly fine for low latency streams.

As Pakistan is the 6th most populated country in the world and the increase in gamers/streamers in Pakistan is…

98 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

38 comments  ·  Servers  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. From April 19th on, Deutsche Telekom will offer zero-rating in germany (much like 'Binge On' by T-Mobile US).
    Twitch's parent company, Amazon, already is a partner (with Amazon Prime Video) from day 1. YouTube will also be a partner from day 1.

I enjoy watching twitch while on the train, but it eats LOTS of data - this would greatly help, as fast LTE is usually no problem. This will also get you parity with 'YT Gaming' in this regard - the twitch mobile app is much better than YT Gaming in general, but the zero-rated 1080p stream wins...

96 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. As the streaming industry embraces new technology, alongside increased internet speed standards, I would love for Twitch to adopt full transcoding for all active streamers as well as an increase in the bitrate cap to 10k.

The current issue with the 6k bitrate cap for non-partners is inherently-lowered viewer experience. Viewers are consistently looking for superior quality streams as the first impression of long-term engagement and retention, which the current 6k bitrate cap severely inhibits due to automatic pixelation for high-movement games such as FPS. Since partners have the automatic 8-8.5k bitrate cap increase, this gives partnered content creators an…

95 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I am a Korean Twitch user.

Not long ago, the maximum video quality for watching Twitch in Korea was fixed at 720p.

I heard that the reason was that the cost of using the network in Korea was a burden to the operation.

In addition, I understand that Korea's new network fee bill has made it even more burdensome.

Koreans fully understand this and are opposed to Korea's additional network usage fee bill.

As a result, there is a prevailing expectation that this bill will be difficult to pass due to opposition from the National Assembly even in Korea.

Anyway,…

84 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I have a lot of my community who can't watch me if I stream in 1080p and I would like to stream in 1080p but I can't do that at the risk of losing viewers so can we get more transparent information on when Affiliates will get lower video quality options so every one can enjoy the stream.

79 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. https://www.twitch.tv/zfg1 frequently has an error where everyone watching on desktop/web has to manually refresh the stream. He says he is running the latest version of OBS, and his chat says this happens to his stream more frequently than others (about once per 20/30 minutes).

76 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. There are routing problems between Egypt and Twitch EU servers that cause frame drops (A lot ) during live streams, by using restreaming platforms FPS drops is solved, however, I lose the perks I get from streaming directly to twitch such as (VODS audio track in OBS Chat extensions) and many others.

We would like Twitch to keep taking care of the MENA region.

69 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Servers  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 1080p 30fps instead of just 1080p 60fps (Source) will be great for people with limited internet connection, you can experience quality of video similar to source but at HALF THE BANDWIDTH.

Right now there is option for 720p, 720p60, 1080p60 (Source)
    Just add an option like 720p, 720p60, 1080p, 1080p60 (Source)

I have watched people who actually stream at 1080p30 it is a better experience than 720p60.

68 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Please add SRT (Secure Reliable Transport) support for ingress traffic. https://github.com/Haivision/srt

58 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    • Higher Bitrate: (Above 10.000, with video quality selector can be managed so if someone won't use that high download usage, he can tweak it), we still have a really low bitrate, and that force us try to tweak OBS to reach higher quality with lower CPU encoding speed. Still this is not a miracle, and 6000 bitrate is so limited (even if there is a trick to go beyond and reach 8000 bitrate).

• HDR: OBS doesn't support because it's not worth it nowadays since Twitch is not supporting it, but other platforms are starting to give a hint to this…

57 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 8 9
  • Don't see your idea?