Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Video Performance

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Video Performance

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

1. https://www.twitch.tv/zfg1 frequently has an error where everyone watching on desktop/web has to manually refresh the stream. He says he is running the latest version of OBS, and his chat says this happens to his stream more frequently than others (about once per 20/30 minutes).

58 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. As the streaming industry embraces new technology, alongside increased internet speed standards, I would love for Twitch to adopt full transcoding for all active streamers as well as an increase in the bitrate cap to 10k.

The current issue with the 6k bitrate cap for non-partners is inherently-lowered viewer experience. Viewers are consistently looking for superior quality streams as the first impression of long-term engagement and retention, which the current 6k bitrate cap severely inhibits due to automatic pixelation for high-movement games such as FPS. Since partners have the automatic 8-8.5k bitrate cap increase, this gives partnered content creators an…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I have a lot of my community who can't watch me if I stream in 1080p and I would like to stream in 1080p but I can't do that at the risk of losing viewers so can we get more transparent information on when Affiliates will get lower video quality options so every one can enjoy the stream.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Just a few moments ago, I switched streams and the playback window was an inch too big: There was a field of empty black space between the chat scroll and the player where there wasn't one before. Since I hadn't updated my browser or changed it or anything like that, and further hearing other users complain about it, I decided that Twitch must have rolled out some new feature that wasn't playing nice with me. Heading over to the support ticket page, and after scrolling through the numerous options of permitted support ticket topics I couldn't find anything even close…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Many times I was unable to see the Streams of some affiliates and non affiliates because their stream quality was only at source and the different stream quality option is readily available for Partners only. While affiliates and non-affiliates have to restart their stream sometimes quite a few times to get the option. I feel like this further decreases their visibility and growth because many people with not so good Internet are unable to watch them in Source quality. I am not a Streamer so I am saying this solely as a Viewer's experience on Twitch. I'd be really glad…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add Middle East servers 4Weird

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Playback Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Dear Sirs,

I am from Karachi, Pakistan and after the release of Bahrain Servers on AWS. It is requested to the Twitch team to release Bahrain CDNs for Twitch too so that the Middle Eastern countries can stream on low latency with better performance as the nearest servers for Middle eastern countries are Europe: UK, London and Asia: Singapore for Content Delivery.

There arent any servers in between, but as AWS has already established Bahrain servers 2 years ago, it is requested to you all to do the same so that new content creators from this region can rise up…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Playback Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. I find myself becoming ineffective as a Mod when my buffer slips to 20 and 30 seconds long. Any time the stream from the channels I mod gets laggy I find myself seriously behind Real Time. While reloading the page can help with this, every time I do I miss large chunks of stream time, possibly missing relevant contextual information for knowing when to Allow or Override the AutoMod. (When AutoMod catches the message "Oh look, its Captain D i c k!" it's relevant for me to quickly know that a man named D i c k was just introduced…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Playback Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Playback Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Sometimes I find myself in a place or location where my internet connection isn't great, I'm sure I'm not alone and it doesn't make sense that you can't reduce the resolution. Why is this even a restriction? I want to support and enjoy certain smaller streamers and find myself not being able to for this reason

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. salomeeeeeee

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Moving performance of bangtan Sonyeondan

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Whenever I alt-tab or switch tabs on Chrome (Win7 x64) I get a 30 second disconnect with a purple screen telling me to watch from twitch.tv
    For example, if I have two streams open, the one which isn't focused will get intermittent disconnects. My browser is updated.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Additionally, it should NEVER choose any other quality than the last selected. It is utterly annoying having to change quality, reload the page and then make sure the quality doesn't change on it's own, before getting to watch streams.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Quad su

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Playback Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. If I go to one channel and from that channel go to another, I seem to not have video quality better than 360p unless I refresh the browser. Its been happening for 3-4 days now.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. It is super annoying when the stream I watching stops after every 10 seconds on 1080p. I have to watch it on 720p. It is just twitch. No other site has this problem on internet speed I have, I even watch 4k videos on youtube.
    (From India)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Audio sounds bugged/ distorted while watching in low latency on browser. I've tested it on Brave browser and Opera. It seems to fix if you toggle it on and off.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Wolf

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)