Video Performance

1. Allow non parteners to transcode to lower quality themselves

The pitch is roughly the same as in https://twitch.uservoice.com/forums/310207-video-performance/suggestions/35766724-allow-non-partnered-streams-access-to-low-quality
    I get that transcoding require a lot of ressources, especially with so many people streaming, so I get that automatic transcoding is only available to partners. But it would be cool to allow (non partner) streamers who wish to transcode themselves their stream so that they can provide 2-3 level of quality based on their viewers bandwidth. I believe this would not be very difficult, to do, and would be better than current situation

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with OpenID Connect
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Middle east/Pakistani Servers Required

Dear Sirs,

I am from Karachi, Pakistan and I am unable to stream properly on twitch as i get high latency on it so please launch Middle east /Pakistani servers for twitch. Due to the unavailability of these servers. I am either directed to Mumbai, Singapore or EU servers on which i get 140ms plus ping if there will be middle east servers. I will be getting around 10 to 40ms ping which would be perfectly fine for low latency streams.

As Pakistan is the 6th most populated country in the world and the increase in gamers/streamers in Pakistan is…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Playback Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Fix the Muting AI

The AI that mutes copyrighted content far overextends what is actually copyrighted, for example an average song is 3 minutes long and from my personal experience the bot mutes around 7 minutes which is utterly rediculous. If there is some reason that this is happening at least add an option to automatically skip the muted sections of the VODs

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Disable 160p

I can't speak for everyone, but 160p is by far the worst looking, and sounding, quality. For those with terrible internet speeds, that's fine, but I'm totally fine with my video 30 seconds behind the streamer over this terrible quality that's coming in regardless of what quality I put it at (as it automatically downgrades to 160p if it can't handle it, heavens forbid we put you 15 seconds behind the streamer). I just want the ability to tell twitch on my side, once and for all, NO 160P QUALITY FOR ME.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add option to disable autoplay for the viewer

Please add an option to disable autoplay for the viewer. This way those who want it can still have it but those of us who don't want it can turn it off. Thank you!

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Allow non-partnered streams access to low quality setting transcode

Allow non-partnered streams access to lowest quality setting transcode (160p) or (360p) to allow a broader range of possible viewers.

As someone who enjoys some of the non-partnered streams with low viewer counts, having low quality internet (thanks Australia) makes it hard to view streams that wish to broadcast quality streams i.e. hq video feed (720p+).
    I believe this limits the growth potential of such streamers who are not able to cater to certain users of twitch because of internet issues that the streamer isn't able to cater to without downgrading for other people.

It would be nice to see…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. If I can't skip ads, I wont watch twitch. Period. If refreshing the page doesn't bypass the ad, I'll simply close the tab.

Most of the time, I'll open a stream and watch 5-15 seconds of it just to get a sense of if I want to watch it. I might go through 6 or 7 channels before picking one to watch. If I have to sit through a 30 second ad just to immediately decide I don't want to watch that particular stream, then it's not worth using the site at all.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Make VOD's great again

VOD's need a drastic update! How do you expect that users upload videos if even the past broadcast function doesent work properly?

A couple feature that we are in desperate need of:

- General stability update
    - On the fly rewind
    - VOD search (Title) for viewers
    - VOD ratings systems (viewers can vote 1-5 stars)
    - Viewer VOD Ranking (depending on rating)
    - Skip muted parts (setting)
    - remove the commentary function
    - mobile download cache (look at VOD's offline)

621 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

76 comments  ·  Playback Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Make VOD's great again

VOD's need a drastic update! How do you expect that users upload videos if even the past broadcast function doesent work properly?

A couple feature that we are in desperate need of:

- General stability update
    - On the fly rewind
    - VOD search (Title) for viewers
    - VOD ratings systems (viewers can vote 1-5 stars)
    - Viewer VOD Ranking (depending on rating)
    - Skip muted parts (setting)
    - remove the commentary function
    - mobile download cache (look at VOD's offline)

32 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. limit quality options to 3, min, 480p/720p, max

this would allow video quality options to spread out more evenly rather than just the 5 100K streamers. i would prefer either, but if 720p was reserved as the middle man for anything above 1080p that'd be great thanks!

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Fix for vod pausing, fullscreen the vod and alt tab to another window

Fix for vod pausing, fullscreen the vod and alt tab to another window.

Worked for me, found by googling.
    Perhaps twitch coders can find a workaround with testing?

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Twitch Video Kalite Seçeneği

Twitch iştirak programındayım, 720p yayın veriyorum ancak bazı günler yayın açtığımda video kalite seçeneği varken bazı günler yayına geçtiğimde video kalite seçeneği olmuyor. bu gerçekten can sıkıcı hale geldi. nedir problem acaba ?

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Twitch buffering every 20 secs but adverts play perfectly 1080px every few minutes

Adverts play perfectly in HD infuriatingly often during the stuttering 160px playback but videos are unwatchable because of buffering and lag issues - why not put the Twitch content on the same servers as the adverts then none of us would have such appalling playback.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Give Brazil proper servers instead of a PoP

do you guys think this is a fucking joke?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Premier Function when uploading a new Video

As a new Affiliate, I would like to upload a video without the video taking up time on my stream so that I cannot stream when I want to. Also, the video premier takes away from my "active" stream time as far as concurrent viewers during my entire stream day when I look at my stats. It includes the entire time my channel had something going on and drops my average views. It's very discouraging.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. export all VODs to youtube, where they'll be watchable

i'm seeing that quite a few other people are also having serious problems with VODs stuttering to the point of being unwatchable. twitch is owned by one of the largest companies of the world with infinite resources. there's no excuse for being so bad at something that the rest of the internet had on lock like 14 years ago, especially when video is the entire reason for your existence. or just let me download them so i don't have to deal with your awful vod service.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Show muted audio timestamps in red in Highlights just like VODs and Uploads

as the title says, show the red over the time regions that are muted in a highlight from a muted vod, just like it does in the original vod as well as uploads that get sections muted.

Makes knowing why the audio in a highlight just stops a lot easier.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Buy more servers.

you want your site to have more users? so provide more servers instead of adding useless things to your site.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Pause/Play Issue

Not sure if belongs here, but I have to rapidly click play until I get to the buffer. If I click once it just instantly pauses.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Separate Audio Volume for streaming/videos and calls

You should include two different speaker level bars:
    1. For calls/videocalls audio volume
    2. For twitch streaming channels/videos audio volume
    So onceyou have perfectly adjusted the volume for hearing your gaming mates perfectly without high level distortions, you don't need to readjust any volume to avoid hurting your ears (there is a high gain difference between both volumes).
    You would only need to set it once at settings menu as the other sound options.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 24 25
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base