Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Video Performance

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Video Performance

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

44 results found

1. In you have the a streamers page open.

And the streamer goes live

The stream does not autostart

This is related to https://github.com/twitchdev/issues/issues/235

Possible related notes exist on BlueLava's desk

461 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I've been uploading old vods for the purpose of vodcasting on a channel I'm editor for for the last week, and long muted sections have been a recurring problem. It takes hours to upload and process a vod, just to find out that long sections are muted and there's nothing I can do about them at vodcast time.

Some suggestions
    1. When vods are vodcasted, play them unmuted (since they aren't archived anyway and are essentially canned live broadcasts)
    2. Allow a way to quickly remove muted sections from a vod
    3. Provide editors the ability to fast-forward through vods…

47 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Planned  ·  Kevin Pan responded

Agreed that the muting experience is not ideal right now. We will look into this, but lots of things to build and improve for Twitch VODs.

3. When tabbing out, there is a "feature" to reduce resolution, but causes the stream to stutter, pause, and skip around when coming back to normal when the video is tabbed out, or in the background. Please allow us to turn off this "feature" tabbing out to do moderation, or check on something then missing something that happened, like an alert, or action in the game is a terrible "feature" when the stream tries to catch up.

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. This issue has been going on for months now.

Certain streams have been buffering until they are 8 - 10 seconds behind.
    It usually buffers 2 - 3 times, until the stream is 8 seconds behind, and then it runs with no more buffering.
    At first I thought it was just random streams, but after I posted about the issue on Reddit, someone pointed out that it's only happening on stream with less than ~100 viewers. Once a stream gets over 100 - 150 viewers, there's no more buffering.
    I usually watch stream with lower viewercounts, and interacting with the…

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Volume normalization option across streamers. Some streamers just have a way louder setup than others.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Prevents unnecessary blur from the filtering applied when resizing the video. Great for retro game streamers using integer scaling.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. You could consider separating the video quality settings from audio quality settings, since audio quality is far more important than video for some content.
    There are Music and Performance streams and such where we're interested in listening to the sound more that looking at text / faces / fine details.

• New show hosts frequently receive advice to invest in buying better audio equipment to improve audio quality before looking to buy more expensive cameras. This is because people will tolerate bad video in a show much more than bad audio (although 160p is still kinda bad).

• I've listened to several…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. The video player will buffer causing a long "Latency To Broadcaster" when the streamer has intermittent connectivity issues. For desktop streamers this is usually not a problem. This is a nuisance for viewers watching IRL streamers who are streaming on less reliable mobile connections. Who wants to watch a stream where the "Latency To Broadcaster" is over 30s? or even 10s?

I have to open the "Video Stats" menu with every stream I watch to keep an eye on the "Latency To Broadcaster" to make sure I'm not too far behind the live stream. Nothing wrong with my internet connection.…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. FIX The video download was cancelled. Please try again. (Error #1000) ERROR

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Similarly to what YouTube does, I'd like to see an option to watch a 16:10 content without the black bars. Either auto-switch or manually.
    There are a lot of us who have such monitors and having to play windowed or at full-screen mode at lower resolution only to avoid the side black bars on Twitch, is not comfortable.
    Cheers!

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Restart the player fast and remember the chat history if a playback/stream crashes.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. After a brief "spike" in the connectivity that causes buffering (often at twitch end) there is no way to "recover" the buffer.
    Reducing delays between streamer and viewer is obviously a good thing that Twitch has worked to minimise, however, being suddenly thrown tens of seconds behind "real time" because of a spike offers no means of recovery - one can refresh the page and lose those 30 seconds of content, however, it would be nice if there was an option to "speed up" playback by 1-5% so that the delay is eroded until we catch back up with minimum…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. It's extremely annoying to have videos and streams that haven't been specifically selected to just start playing when accessing the site home page or visiting a channel.
    Add an EASY TO LOCATE toggle so these auto play options are PERMANENTY disabled.

I come here to watch what I CHOOSE to watch, and NOT what ever garbage you want to pollute my eyes and ears with.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. With as common as different aspect ratios are getting, it'd be nice if ratios other than 16:9 were supported by the player on the site. This would let the growing number of ultrawide screens have more utilization.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Please actually update the android and iOS streaming to chromecast/device options. I'm watching a chill stream and its literally 240/360p for most of the time im sending to device even if they're standing completely still while grabbing a drink, its absolutely embarrassing a company of your size and supposed coding expertise can't figure out how to make "supported apps" run at a half decent resolution.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. The vertical scrollbars on most pages don't extend to the edge of the window (Browser dev tools indicate a 2 pixel gap between scollbar and the edge). Which means that when the window is maximized, you can't just jam the cursor to the right of the screen and click to grab the scrollbar. You have to make effort to very carefully move the cursor into the extremely tiny 6 pixel wide scrollbar and then grab it.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I find myself becoming ineffective as a Mod when my buffer slips to 20 and 30 seconds long. Any time the stream from the channels I mod gets laggy I find myself seriously behind Real Time. While reloading the page can help with this, every time I do I miss large chunks of stream time, possibly missing relevant contextual information for knowing when to Allow or Override the AutoMod. (When AutoMod catches the message "Oh look, its Captain D i c k!" it's relevant for me to quickly know that a man named D i c k was just introduced…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Il faut se manifester sur User voice les gens pour que Twitch sache ses disfonctionnement ... Pendant que d'autre font plus de 40h de live sans déconnexion ...lol... Je ne crois pas à un Hasard de ce côtés ... Bref cela me Fatigue ...

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Please allow the viewers to set the video quality of each stream separately, instead of globally. This will allow the viewers to override streams that use unusually (and unwanted) high video quality while also maintaining a valid quality on other streams.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. VODs currently default to 160p if navigated to from a Clip.
    This only pertains to the "twitch.tv/channelname/clip/uniqueslug" pages, not the older "clips.twitch.tv/uniqueslug" pages.
    This also doesn't happen if you click "Watch Full Video" after creating a clip, as you're on a "clips.twitch.tv/uniqueslug" page at that point.

Specific reproduction steps - follow them closely:
    1. Go to any Twitch channel page
    2. Click the channels avatar to expand the featured/videos section.
    3. Click Videos -> Find a clip and click the clip
    4. Click the "Watch Full Video" in the lower right corner just below the player
    4.1 (If no "Watch…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?