Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Video Performance

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Video Performance

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

1. VOD's need a drastic update! How do you expect that users upload videos if even the past broadcast function doesent work properly?

A couple feature that we are in desperate need of:

• General stability update

• On the fly rewind

• VOD search (Title) for viewers

• VOD ratings systems (viewers can vote 1-5 stars)

• Viewer VOD Ranking (depending on rating)

• Skip muted parts (setting)

• remove the commentary function

• mobile download cache (look at VOD's offline)

686 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

78 comments  ·  Playback Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Audio only option for pc. I know that they have this option on the twitch app, and i would want to see this on pc as well. Sometimes 1080p 60fps and 720p 60fps streams (without quality options) can result in high temps for laptops. Not to mention that this benefits people who want to hear the stream in the background without having to load the video portion of the stream.

280 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

34 comments  ·  Playback Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. First of all, forgive my mistakes in English is not my native language. I made this in two languages to make more people able to vote for this.

/////////////////////////////////////////

Primero de todo, disculpar mis errores en inglés, no es mi lenguaje nativo. He hecho esto en dos idiomas para poder conseguir que más gente que vote esta iniciativa. La petición en español se encuentra debajo de la explicación en inglés.

EXPLANATION IN ENGLISH.

Dear staff of Twitch.tv,

it’s been a little time for me doing live broadcasts and I would like to address an issue that I been thinking closely…

92 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Playback Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. How it currently works is that the broadcaster outputs their audio with the single channel for the viewer to listen to, but as an opt-in feature the broascaster could output two or more audio channels, an example being one for microphone, one for game sounds, and maybe even one for music if the broadcaster plays music.

To enable said tweeking it would be located under the advanced features to enable 'Split-Audio Channels', and therefore would allow the user to - rather than mute - click the speaker icon to allow the list of audio channels that the broadcaster is using.

75 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Playback Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. I've been uploading old vods for the purpose of vodcasting on a channel I'm editor for for the last week, and long muted sections have been a recurring problem. It takes hours to upload and process a vod, just to find out that long sections are muted and there's nothing I can do about them at vodcast time.

Some suggestions
    1. When vods are vodcasted, play them unmuted (since they aren't archived anyway and are essentially canned live broadcasts)
    2. Allow a way to quickly remove muted sections from a vod
    3. Provide editors the ability to fast-forward through vods…

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Playback Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Planned  ·  Kevin Pan responded

Agreed that the muting experience is not ideal right now. We will look into this, but lots of things to build and improve for Twitch VODs.

6. Add Middle East servers 4Weird

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Playback Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 1080p 30fps instead of just 1080p 60fps (Source) will be great for people with limited internet connection, you can experience quality of video similar to source but at HALF THE BANDWIDTH.

Right now there is option for 720p, 720p60, 1080p60 (Source)
    Just add an option like 720p, 720p60, 1080p, 1080p60 (Source)

I have watched people who actually stream at 1080p30 it is a better experience than 720p60.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Hi Twitch!

I'm certain y'all know about this problem already, but I wanted to tack on some details in case it might help along with solutioning.

Since COVID-19, DJs all flocked to streaming, many of them on Twitch. Low Latency Mode is creating jarring pitch bends that most DJs nor their listeners know about. Savvy listeners think the DJ is just doing a bad job. Even non-savvy listeners can tell something's not right. But DJ's have no idea that this is happening; even if they enable past broadcasts, their VOD won't have this problem. When listeners point this problem out,…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Playback Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Theres everything from .25x to 2x, and sometimes 2x is just a tad too fast to comprehend, 1.75x would be perfect.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Playback Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Restart the player fast and remember the chat history if a playback/stream crashes.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. The video player will buffer causing a long "Latency To Broadcaster" when the streamer has intermittent connectivity issues. For desktop streamers this is usually not a problem. This is a nuisance for viewers watching IRL streamers who are streaming on less reliable mobile connections. Who wants to watch a stream where the "Latency To Broadcaster" is over 30s? or even 10s?

I have to open the "Video Stats" menu with every stream I watch to keep an eye on the "Latency To Broadcaster" to make sure I'm not too far behind the live stream. Nothing wrong with my internet connection.…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. It's been a few weeks since Twitch changed how stream quality auto changes based on whether the tab is in the current tab/window or not. This change automatically lowers the quality of streams to 480p (or lower) for streams not in the current tab, and when the stream is tabbed back into focus it does not always resume the originally selected quality.

This is affecting multiple browsers, with or without extensions, so this is seems very much a Twitch end feature to lower data use.
    This change however has resulted in some issues:
    -More buffering
    -Streams hanging/pausing when tabbed out …

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. FIX The video download was cancelled. Please try again. (Error #1000) ERROR

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Allow us to set the buffer on a per stream basis, say to 6.33s. The video player would slightly speed up or slow down to compensate. Since the buffer fluctuates constantly, maybe over a 5 second average.

This would be useful mainly for syncing multiple streams and keeping them in sync.

I know this is already possible and very straight forward since the player already speeds up high delay streams. It simply needs to read the current buffer and adjust accordingly.

This is such an easy thing to implement and would reduce the frustration of out of sync streams completely.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. it would be nice if I could turn the resolution of the Clipping tool down. Right now, it is lagging because it is on 1080p and my Laptop is not the best. This would make that the Tool also runs smoothly for weak Laptops and PCs. The final uploaded clip will be in full resolution.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. After a network disruption from another bandwidth-intensive application,(s) please allow the error #2000 message to retain the video's progress via cookie when logged-out.

I have concerns about open sessions of my accounts on multiple domains where my active sessions are not displayed and able to be manually closed. (Google, Twitter, Instagram, and Microsoft all display active session history)

Thank you for your consideration.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. what: let us rewind about 5,10,15 Seconds

when: when i see a live stream

why: let rewatch an section

then: speedup a little the video to go back to sync with the live stream

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. what: let increase the video speed

when: when its behind the live stream after network problems or when i hit pause

why: to get in sync to current time of the live stream

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. When watching any stream, the video is always scaled by an arbitrary amount - on my browser in a maximized window, streams display at 1340x754 as can be seen in Video Stats.

When watching a stream with fine details, particularly games with pixel graphics, this slight amount of scaling causes blur and loss of detail/sharp edges.

It's possible to pop out the player and resize it as you see fit, but it would be much more convenient to have an option to keep the player on the page without scaling it.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Some of my videos work just fine on a rerun but some (including one of our best gaming experiences ever!) start to rerun but audio becomes separated from video and the rerun just stops at a specific point during the rerun.

The VOD itself for the selected video is fine, without the above issues experienced during a rerun.

I've downloaded and uploaded the VOD but this has not fixed the issue when re-running.

Is anybody else experiencing this problem and to the Devs, is there a fix?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?