Video Performance

1. 151 votes
    Sign in Sign in with OpenID Connect
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

32 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Planned  ·  Anonymous responded

Let us know in the comments your experience with streams using lowered delay options.

Note: Not all broadcasters have this enabled, and comes at the cost of different buffering for some viewers.

2. Stream vodcasts unmuted, or provide better tools for dealing with muted vodcasts

I've been uploading old vods for the purpose of vodcasting on a channel I'm editor for for the last week, and long muted sections have been a recurring problem. It takes hours to upload and process a vod, just to find out that long sections are muted and there's nothing I can do about them at vodcast time.

Some suggestions
    1. When vods are vodcasted, play them unmuted (since they aren't archived anyway and are essentially canned live broadcasts)
    2. Allow a way to quickly remove muted sections from a vod
    3. Provide editors the ability to fast-forward through vods…

22 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Playback Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Agreed that the muting experience is not ideal right now. We will look into this, but lots of things to build and improve for Twitch VODs.

3. 34 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Playback Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Planned  ·  Catherine Hsiao responded

Thanks for the feedback! We will look into this – what types of channels would be interesting for you to see surfaced?

4. Improve playback image quality

The image quality of the video on Twitch's site often comes nowhere near the image quality of the video I uploaded. This is especially noticeable in scenes with fast motion. For comparison:

File uploaded: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CtwD9yBVMAAARPd.jpg

Twitch playback: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CtwD_euUMAAdEZ5.jpg

26 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Playback Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Planned  ·  Catherine Hsiao responded

Thanks for the feedback! We are constantly working to improve this and you should see these improvements going forward

• Don't see your idea?

Video Performance

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base