Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Safety

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Safety

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1118 results found

1. There has been a recent rise in streamers misusing the tag system, most noticeably with non-Vtubers using the Vtuber tag. This makes discoverability more difficult for both streamers who are actually Vtubers, and viewers trying to use the tag system to find Vtubers. Even prominent streamers are misusing tags, so this behavior has been spreading. I'd like to ask Twitch staff to please enforce action on the misuse of tags to help the streamers and viewers who are using the tag system as intended. Banning streamers from using specific tags they have been caught and verified to be abusing them…

8,389 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Twitch responded

Hi, thanks for flagging this and sharing your suggestion.

We share and understand your concerns about how the intentional, repeated misuse of tags can undermine the purpose of the tags product itself.  Tags are an important discoverability feature for communities, and a powerful way for all Creators—but especially those that are underrepresented—to express their personal identity and creative vision for their content.

We also do not feel Twitch should be the judge of Creators’ personal or creative identity, so we typically only enforce against the misuse of tags when it is associated with other behavior that violates our Community Guidelines such as hateful conduct or harassment.

That said, as the VTuber community’s experience demonstrates, there are limitations to this approach and we are actively investigating additional steps we can take to protect and improve the integrity of the tags feature at scale, without infringing on good faith Creators’ personal choice…

2. This is not to take away from the improvements that have already been made, and are being implemented. The work that is being done is greatly appreciated.
    However, further change is needed to better protect streamers for banned users. Merely preventing chatting is not enough to deter harassment, stalking, or intrusive bot behavior.

Most people are aware that measures often can be circumvented, that is not an excuse for the lack of protection that currently exists.
    Streamers need a way to completely cut off a user from content. I believe the proposed measures are reasonable, and will also provide protection…

1,803 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Relevant Update  ·  Twitch responded

We’re happy to announce that we have released an additional update to address these concerns. Streamers can now prevent their banned users from watching their livestreams. You can find and turn on this feature in the Moderation settings section of the Creator Dashboard, through the “Stop banned users from viewing stream” toggle.

Please note, this update 1). does not prevent users from watching livestreams from an incognito window or while logged out and 2). does not prevent users from viewing VODs, clips or highlights. We plan to explore extending the functionality of bans further, including but not limited to preventing VOD and clip playback.

In addition, we’ve made an update so that users that are blocked will now automatically be blocked from watching a streamer’s livestreams.

We will leave this thread open for your other points regarding preventing view of other content types and account creation.

https://x.com/TwitchSupport/status/1712166618594259237?s=20

3. Adopting industry-standard child broadcasting PREVENTION measures
    to deter preteens from mobile streaming on Twitch (& predators targeting them):

✩ In short:
    • Implement a 25-50 follower requirement for mobile broadcasting.
    • Newcomer mobile-only adults can bypass this through ID-verification.
    • Uniquely on Twitch (among other major livestreaming services),
    underage users can presently pick up their phone, create an account and go live-streaming without restrictions – all in 2 minutes.

✩ In detail:

• 1. CONTEXT:
    September 2022, Bloomberg report illustrates how Amazon's Twitch, uniquely so in contrast with competing broadcasting platforms,
    leads the video-service industry in widescale child-livestreaming and consequent…

1,599 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Dear Twitch,

We are now dealing with a new threat of bot accounts. These accounts sit lurking in channel, possibly logging info of either streamers or chatters. They may be using this info for giveaway sniping, or possible future bot attacks, including viewer bots, follower bots, and even spam bots. They sit there and do nothing, they follow us to other streams we host/raid. We ban them, not like they ever say anything, but to prevent them from spreading, we need a way to KICK THEM OFF THE CHANNEL.

Recently had a run in with "Opentwitchbot" whom acknowledges that they…

1,030 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

187 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi, I know that this is a very late response, but we’re hoping to find time to address this issue later this year. There are a few steps we’ll have to take to solve this problem in a way that will work for all streamers, but we understand the severity of the issue.

5. In 2020, many streamers got hit by a wave of DMCA takedown requests for old clips and VODs which affected the streamer's standing.
    Since Twitch is currently using a three-strike rule similar to YouTube and other platforms, this put some streamers on the verge of being banned.

My proposal is to let such takedowns "expire" after a period of e.g. 90 days, i.e. they don't affect Good Standing after that period.
    Since takedowns (regardless of whether justified or not) can appear on years-old content and even live content, this would introduce a fair solution to streamers and Twitch, and is…

937 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. IP Ban makes it possible to permanently ban a user with the same IP Address, thus not allowing them to crate other account to try and troll/spam, etc.

922 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Relevant Update  ·  Ana responded

We apply IP bans in Chat based on users' Moderation actions in certain cases. We don't currently plan to publicize the logic we use because we think it would make it easier for bad actors to bypass the restriction.

7. Since Body Painting has been established as a valid category on the platform, there has been a noticeable lack of encouragement from Twitch in creating a healthy community around it. This lack of support is further emphasized by the massive push back and public harassment of Body Painters online, including but not limited to: Organized hate raids by other streamers, Streamers sexualizing body painters on their own live streams, Public groups that organize mass reports on body painters, Lack of response by Twitch to counter the culture of continued degradation of women through objectification by viewers (including inappropriate usernames).

Twitch…

906 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Twitch responded

Hey guys!

There were some discussions that weren’t super applicable to feedback and I have gone ahead and removed them.

We super appreciate the feedback and want to keep hearing your ideas. Please just keep it focused on bodypainting/body art community and feedback around that, over feedback on specific channels/users.

If you have anyone who you are concerned about on Twitch or someone who you are worried about how they are acting on Twitch always feel empowered to report them so our team can further investigate the situation.

8. Have you considered making a deal with music licensing companies (BMI, ASCAP, etc) to allow streamers permission to use their catalogs if we opt to pay them (or you?) a small monthly fee for this right/service?

864 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

40 comments  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Since the creation of twitch creative last year, there's been a great community growing. Twitch has made a new and exciting platform for artists to connect with their audience that hasn't really existed before. It allows for such a personal connection between the art, artist, and viewer. When I see artwork from an artist that I watch regularly, not only do I see their beautiful creation, I remember special moments when they completed a section of their work.

On October 28th, 2015, when Twitch creative was announced on the Twitch blog they wrote, ”We expect to learn much about what…

714 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I recently had a GB Tetris stream get muted because the copyright bot's song IDing listed "Ikon Ringtones" as the owner of the song.

I can say with full confidence that "Ikon Ringtones" does NOT own Hirokazu Tanaka's 8-bit rendition of a Russian folk song. And that's been the problem for years - bad actors clowning around with copyright claims for video game music they don't own. Not only do establishments like "Ikon Ringtones" get away with it for using video game music as ringtone options, insignificant nobody DJs have also been known to do it when they sample music…

659 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

48 comments  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Hi Twitch, I'm from the Republic of China (ROC) you commonly call "Taiwan". Recently, your censorship of Chinese, Traditional Chinese, and Simplified Chinese makes me very angry. I know you have to filter the corresponding text, But it is by no means such a dictatorial regime's speech policy as what you commonly call the "China" Communist Party of China (CCP).

"China is not the only one who uses Chinese in this world."
    "What you are doing now is like China's literary prison."

Maybe the world shouldn't use hate speech or words to attack each other, but Taiwan has long been,…

656 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

39 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. The musical atmosphere being an important part for the creation of content on the platform, and to limit future problems with the DMCA as we can see now.

I propose an extension (or a feature) in partnership with the main music streaming software that would allow music to be broadcast directly on the live page and not integrated into the video stream.

If we take the example of Spotify, having to link its twitch page with spotify so that the viewers can hear the music we add to our stream in real time

And of course find a way for…

496 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 359 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Comments Closed  ·  Ana responded

Hey all,

Because of the nature of the comments on this idea, we will be closing comments at this time. Voting and showing support for this idea will still be available while comments are closed. Thank you for your understanding.

14. The current response from Twitch hasn't given these communities many options to move forward. Even giving us with more information on which tracks are high risk would help significantly.

340 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Recently in the twitch community, there has been a rise of hot tub streamers also known as the "Hot Tub Meta". This has been a very controversial issue but I'm going to give my thoughts on the issue and hopefully twitch will do something about this. On twitch TOS it's stated "Content or camera focus on breasts, buttocks, or pelvic region, including poses that deliberately highlight these elements". This means any sort of content that deliberately does these would be against TOS. Now when we look at how the Hot Tub Meta we can see that it's unhealthy and unfair…

309 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I'm a Twitch moderator for 3 small Affiliate streamers. I'm also a former tech support escalations agent for multiple companies & have a business degree, & I do free small business consulting to help small streamers reach Affiliate, start their streaming business, & grow their own communities on Twitch, because I think people have potential to work for themselves doing a job they enjoy & that Twitch has a lot of potential to be a platform to help them do it.

It was the community potential that made me spend the last 10 months learning the platform to help others…

305 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. One of my biggest DMCA concerns is having to delete an entire VOD because of a few minutes of music. Is Twitch working on a way to cut out specific parts of VODs so that we don't have to sacrifice the entire stream?

298 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. For 9 months I have been reporting someone who has been harassing me over and over with NO response from Twitch. When will there be a real system in place to protect streamers??

This person has made numerous accounts with usernames that have shared personal information including my phone number, addresses, and names of family members. I have reported, banned, blocked, and had my MODs do the same, but nothing has ever been done on Twitch's end.

If others are going through this, I want to hear about it and what Twitch is going to do to help those of…

283 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Have a site to test if a particular audio file will be tagged for DMCA so streamers can check audios before playing them on stream

244 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Twitch's default font does not use serifs. Serifs are important for distinguishing I's from l's. For instance, if you can easiIy teIl which of the lowercase L's are or are not repIaced with uppercase i's in this sentence, you're almost definitely using a screen reader. Yes, there is a difference between them, but you wouldn't be able to tell me which is which.

This is a big issue in any online form of communication, for the following reasons:

1: Security. People can post a link that has an L replaced with an i, or sometimes vice versa, without it being…

231 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 55 56
  • Don't see your idea?