Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Safety

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Safety

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

62 results found

1. There has been a recent rise in streamers misusing the tag system, most noticeably with non-Vtubers using the Vtuber tag. This makes discoverability more difficult for both streamers who are actually Vtubers, and viewers trying to use the tag system to find Vtubers. Even prominent streamers are misusing tags, so this behavior has been spreading. I'd like to ask Twitch staff to please enforce action on the misuse of tags to help the streamers and viewers who are using the tag system as intended. Banning streamers from using specific tags they have been caught and verified to be abusing them…

8,389 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Twitch responded

Hi, thanks for flagging this and sharing your suggestion.

We share and understand your concerns about how the intentional, repeated misuse of tags can undermine the purpose of the tags product itself.  Tags are an important discoverability feature for communities, and a powerful way for all Creators—but especially those that are underrepresented—to express their personal identity and creative vision for their content.

We also do not feel Twitch should be the judge of Creators’ personal or creative identity, so we typically only enforce against the misuse of tags when it is associated with other behavior that violates our Community Guidelines such as hateful conduct or harassment.

That said, as the VTuber community’s experience demonstrates, there are limitations to this approach and we are actively investigating additional steps we can take to protect and improve the integrity of the tags feature at scale, without infringing on good faith Creators’ personal choice…

2. For 9 months I have been reporting someone who has been harassing me over and over with NO response from Twitch. When will there be a real system in place to protect streamers??

This person has made numerous accounts with usernames that have shared personal information including my phone number, addresses, and names of family members. I have reported, banned, blocked, and had my MODs do the same, but nothing has ever been done on Twitch's end.

If others are going through this, I want to hear about it and what Twitch is going to do to help those of…

283 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. It would be great if new users were required to fill out a CAPTCHA before making an account. It would help get rid of all the fake engagement and prevent mass of bot accounts from being made.

Twitch use to have it in 2017, but it appears to be gone now - its unclear if removing CAPTCHA from account creation was intentional or accident.

167 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I would love if the whole process of reporting someone came with a bit more transparency in regards to what then happens.

When reporting a user today, you're left with the message "Thank you for your report", and that's it. From that point, you have no way of knowing what happens, and you never hear back from Twitch in regards to the outcome of your report.

I would like to suggest that a bit of transparency is introduced to this process.
    If reports were treated like bug reports/feature suggestions, sending us an automated e-mail with a ticket-number attached, it would…

81 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Currently right now if you report a bunch of ban evading accounts , bot accounts you are limited to 50 accounts ( per 30 minutes/per day - it really depends ).

My idea is to allow no limit on reports for partners affiliates and known accounts ( 90 days ). I feel with this sorta arrangement people will be more wanting to use it vs avoiding it.

It would also be nice to be able to get back a message saying what account in question was removed/suspended/actioned on so we better clearly know what account. ( I do know that…

54 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. In case I send a report not all, just like half of them were checked (I get sometimes no Emails regarding my report). And in this Email you send me about my report would be nice, if you add the reported account name + my report data (why I did reported, and my report text).

Also in case you are done with my report, send back me please a detailed Email from EVERY report! What account were checked, what was my report, what is your decision, and why you decided like this! If you want a detailed information why I…

42 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Right now there isn't an option to report an account for impersonating another user. It's really easy for someone to make an account with a similar name by substituting an uppercase I for a lowercase L (I vs l) or with any other kind of letter/number substitution.

There should be an option to easily report an account for impersonating someone else.

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I think we need some more options to find a more accurate statement about what we are reporting a stream or a VOD for.

The last two times I reported someone, I couldn’t find an option for either something along the lines of ”inappropriate material” or ”harassing other users” which I honestly feel are quite normal things one could report another for.

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. A clear "I think it's a bot" report option would be helpful. Thank you.

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Anonymous sub-gifts should be able to be seen by the Streamer so they can determine if a ban should be possible. A female streamer I watch is being harrassed through Anonymous gifted subs to Twitch names of a sexual nature as well as threatening names of physical harm. Let me be clear, this isn't in the TTS message, it's an actual Twitch account name being used to target and harass her. There needs to be a better way to report these people, ban their card use by Twitch, or prevent them from gifting by the streamer. This is a literal…

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. We get the initial notice that we've made a report and that's great. What we don't have is any resolution. We are left in the dark as to any actions or if the report was even looked at.
    It would be nice to have a follow up email letting us know that someone has at least read the report and acted (even inaction) ala the vague wrap up email.

"Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. We've initiated an investigation based on the information that you provided and we'll take appropriate action based on our findings. Please note…

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I can report a Streamer. But I miss the report reason "Online Grooming". In addition, it should be possible to report not only streamers, but also users in the chat.
    Twitch is full of adults who cavort in streams of minors and there demand ****** things from the children.
    I know you have to be 13 to stream on Twitch. It is also correct that younger streamers are banned. But mostly only the young streamers are banned, and the groomers continue to mess around .

Most groomers ask about private social media. Most often Snapchat, Tiktok, Instagram.
    Then it is…

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Twitch I been watching some of the small streams in the sports channel and I notice something that needs to be taking care of quickly. There are a lot of perverts going to kids twitch channels and asking them to show their feet. When the kid refuse they end up getting ban. I was so confused, i was thinking how a channel could be ban for not showing their feet to perverts but i realized that if someone was to report a channel for being underage then that channel would be ban in like 2 or 3 minutes. The parts…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. There has to be a better way before going into suspension of an account for something said either in private or public chats. I have experience 3 different people from the LGTBQ+ community be hate reported and suspended for "unsolicited sexual advances" and this being automated is a huge problem as the community can be targeted, you need to have person review this kind of reports before suspending as its not fair for people to get suspensions on the word of a report

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. It would be nice to have the option when reporting someone to have some kind of timestamp feature that would take support directly to the place in the recorded stream video where the incident occurred. That way people wouldn't have to manually figure out the date and time/time zone or even provide a link to photo or video evidence hosted on a third party site.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I think the new tool is kinda helpfull because it's easier to report and makes it more efficient but i think maybe the problem is in how easy is to create multiple accounts. I've seen people that i reported a few minutes later on the chat again with another account. Maybe it'd be better to make it more difficult to create it or have another way to verificate it.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Allow Individual Chat Messages and Vods to be Reported

Twitch's reporting tool is in serious need of an overhaul. It's frustrating to only be able to report someone by going over to the offending account, and gathering information.
    While reporting accounts themselves is a good option, it should not be the only one, as it's tedious and people may not report accounts on those confusing conditions.
    In order to promote a better Twitch community, reports should be made easier, so individual vods and chat messages should have an option to be reported themselves, with a button to do so, with…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Please provide a way to report users without having to view their stream, perhaps through a three-dot menu when browsing or in search results.

The only way I'm aware of to report someone requires viewing their stream first (or their profile which automatically starts playing their stream). Sometimes it is obvious just from the thumbnail that the user is violating TOS (crypto scams, nudity, gore). I also don't want to appear in the user list for a stream with inappropriate content, since I can view it in an incognito window but need to be logged in to report it.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Since a bugreport page does not seem to exist and the general category is under maintenance: Your report button is completely broken. I cannot report channels used for hate-raids against LGBTQIA+ people (tried Chrome and Firefox, Firefox without any Twitch extensions). It says "Sorry, a network error ocured when submitting your report. Please try again later". The issue has persisted for at least a day now and I can watch streams without any issues indicating that I do in fact have internet.

Please fix the report button and take action against accounts used for hate-raids.

twitchdobetter

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I recently came across a stream who appeared to have accidentally gone live. Their stream was broadcasting everything they were doing on their phone and revealing a lot of personal information. They were entering their phone number, passwords, and all sorts of sensitive information without understanding it was being streamed.

It is the stream of my viewers who appears to have difficulty with technology, and some of my mods were trying to reach out in discord or in their chat to get their attention. We all immediately reported, but there doesn't seem to be a category for this. 6+ hours…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?