Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Safety

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Safety

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

48 results found

1. I think the new content classification feature is an incredibly useful tool to have. Allowing creators to specify their content and giving an audience the ability to know that a stream may have something that is not for them is great!

As a streamer who is SFW and doesn't have any content that would fall under these classifications, though, the loss of the maturity tag means that I am losing a valuable feature to keep my community safe.

Why I don't want children in my space despite being completely SFW:
    It is a LOT of work to keep children safe…

199 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. As a streamer and Twitch viewer, I use this platform daily. I personally do not have much opinion on the updated approach regarding Twitch's policies on sexual content and classification labels, and it may benefit some. However, I believe there has been a major oversight when rolling out these changes.

I am aware that streams marked with the Sexual Themes tag will not be displayed on the home page (logical enough), yet they still show up in other categories. The preview thumbnails even showcasing full nudity (and some potential rule breaks surpassing just "artistic nudity"), while I am just trying…

89 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I'm an active member of the artistic community on Twitch. Firstly, I want to express my appreciation for Twitch's ongoing commitment to providing a safe and respectful environment for all users.

I would like to bring to the team's attention the possibility of a review of rules regarding NSFW content in the artistic context. I understand and respect the importance of keeping the platform suitable for all ages, but I would like to discuss the possibility of allowing NSFW drawings, as long as they are clearly labeled and limited to the artistic context.

Art is a crucial means of expression,…

78 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. With the new Content Classification system that has come into use today, replacing the mature content setting, there is one issue that I believe should be looked at.

Fully family friendly streams who are playing limited aspects of a game (such as an MMO) should be able to toggle off the automated label, as the interstitial shown to viewers will discourage viewers who would otherwise be watching said family friendly content.

For example, I stream the Elder Scrolls Online, which carries an ESRB rating purely for content in quests and dungeons. However, all I stream is housing tours, looking at…

52 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I think there should be a 'flashing lights' label on the new Content Classification label system.
    It would be helpful for people with Epilepsy and light sensitivity.

48 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Sexual Themes new classification child nudity.

Due to the recent content policy update - sexual themed artists are now drying children/lolis naked on Twitch. Absolutely get RID of this. As well as give us the option to block ALL channels using the Sexual Themes tag - I do not want to see a big dog or dragon genitalia on Twitch - that is not why I'm using the platform, I do not want to see nudity - that is not why I'm using the platform.

I cannot imagine how this went over your heads before releasing this content policy update…

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I like to drink rum while I stream. It's kind if my thing. Since I drink a couple of glasses of alcohol, twitch is forcing me to add the alcohol classification, which is fine, but why am I now being forced to brand my stream with "Drugs, Intoxication, or Excessive Tobacco Use" in big letters under my stream?

I don't want my stream to be associated with drug use. Seperate these labels so people know exactly what they're watching instead of such a broad classification of completely different things.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Clips created from streams with Sexual Themes label should also be labled as Sexual Themes and NOT be recommended under other clips.

Thanks!

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. When I logged on to twitch.tv today, on the homepage was an NSFW stream thumbnail. When clicking on the stream, the stream is tagged as "Significant Profanity or Vulgarity, Sexual Themes", so Twitch knows it's profane and sexual.

Yet the thumbnail, which was of a woman with NSFW-amounts of clothing on, was the first thing on the site. There should not be NSFW thumbnails on the homepage of twitch.tv, unless I explicitly click on the stream.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Now that streams are being classified as sexual, the logical next step is for me to opt out of receiving recommendations for sexual content.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. While I fully support any creator's right to produce whatever content they wish within Twitch's TOS, there are many users who for multiple reasons, do not wish to view Sexualised Content.

Currently, even if a streamer marks their content with the 'Sexual Themes' tag, I still see thumbnails of them performing sexualised content in my Browse view, and often see a second or two of sexualised content before the 'warning screen' appears. On top of this, I'm also seeing sexualised content in their stream titles.

I would like to see a default setting in User Preferences where users are asked…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. The New Content Classification drop down appeared today and the mature content has been removed. However, The categories need to be developed further and made clearer.

For example - In my stream I have always put the mature content warning on - not for any specific reason. Occassionally there is some light harmless inuendo as part of the banter (nothing really worse than someone mispeaking something that sounded a bit rude, or someone making a 'said the actress to the bishop' comment.)

According to the new options, this would mean I would have to label my stream as having 'Sexual…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I was happy for new artistic nudity update but didn't expect this site to become full of aroused genitals. Is it still artistic nudity or po***graphy at this point?

How can a drawing with fully erect, wet genitals be classified as artistic when we all know what is the point of this kind of art? There is a difference between a nude portrait or a naked silhouette and some 18+ anime drawing with characters showing off body in sexual manner.

And it's the first thing EVERYONE sees when they enter art category.

If this kind of stuff is okay, can…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. With the new Sexual Content and Content Classification rules allowing a greater amount of erotic dances and photography, will there be a way to verify user ages and their consent? I suspect this will need to be revised and implemented, else you could have people coerced into doing erotic dances for subs.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I suggest that the new guidelines allowing"Artistic Nudity - which concern
    fictionalized artistic depictions: Should have an Additional required Content Label besides just the generic "Sexual Themes".

It seems that the artistic policy will be misused by users posting artistic nudity for non-artistic purposes.

Artistically Nude content has merits and value to the art communities but is shocking for many users when full nudity is shown without specific warning and without prior context, and should be considered distinct from content which merely contains discussions or Sexual Themes, etc.

I suggest that a technical level streams with this label should be…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I notice for streams there are options to classify the stream 'for a mature audience only'. I have made clips and featured clips from my live stream, which are for a mature audience only. However, for clips, especially 'featured clips' there is no option to classify the clips, featured or not.

When will the 'mature audience only' option be available for clips and a blur screen option for all clips exhibiting adult only content?

Thanks!

DStroyr937

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Planned  ·  Ana responded

Hi, we're working on having the content classification labels apply to clips, based on the stream; I'll update this post, as soon as we have more information. Thanks!

17. I have no issue with having content warnings if they are done well, but they are intrusive and not helpful if they are everywhere.
    If I am happy to watch specific content, the alert should allow you to have an option to opt out of getting this warning again.
    Or they could be added to the Twitch Notification settings panel, and allow opt in/out for each content type.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. When content is clearly labelled as "adult content" and "contains nudity" from a pixelated game is banned and yet real humans can display nudity and suggestive posing is not banned, Twitch REALLY needs to reassess their views on societal norms and what is legal.

I was watching my friend, fellow streamer, and a channel I sub to when he got banned for playing a video game (Conan Exiles) because he was dressing his character (was nude) in battle armor- its a cartoon, an animation.
    The moment he was banned in the Twitch recommended for me list was a well known…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Twitch,

Firstly, let me clarify to you that I enjoy artistic nudity and am not a puritanical person. I also want to clarify that some people who didn't deserve to get banned got banned today who didn't draw any genitalia and who abided by the new TOS, and that you need to fix your accounting.

However, this is regarding the "opening of Pandora's Box" that you have willed over the course of a singular day.

Whether I like their art or not, the "sexual content" warning isn't sufficient, there absolutely needs to be (1) a censored thumbnail for 18+ streams…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Recently, due to the introduction of NSFW content on the platform, more channels have been appearing in the ART category.

I, as many other artists in this platform, understand there's a community within NSFW artists, which is much appreciated. What should be not permitted are channels advertising themselves in the ART category, misleading people to a content not related to art.

There are more than 20 accounts, during the hours when the audience is lower, streaming nude real girls twerking and other different +18 content as well. I presume, in the higher audience hours, these accounts may increase in number.…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?