Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Safety

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Safety

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Hi! One of the Ideas of mine I'd love to see implemented which would help a lot of mods/streamers. Starting out It'd really be nice if there were some changes made to the "editors" role and some new roles added to replace some of the "editor" role's current features. For example, it'd be really nice if there was a "Stream manager/adminstrator" role or even both implemented with different privileges. We need a role for Streamers where they're be able to assign people of their choosing (Generally Top mods) to #1, have more access to be able manage/edit the channel and…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I'm not a fan of the current way Twitch has it setup for Mature Streams that are marked for +18 Mature, a click of a button shouldn't just automatically grant whoever to watch those types of streams, and so what I propose is a Age Verification system to verify those users are of age before being allowed to watch those streams by using a Digital ID Age Verification system. This would not only properly protect minors and prevent them from watching stuff they shouldn't, but also adult streamers as well.

A simple age verification check would make it so that…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I'm one of a few hundred people on Twitch who really doesn't want younger kids viewing my streams. The games I play may not be violent, but my language is salty. It is great we have a warning screen, "You know you have to be 18..blahblahblah" happening, but I want to ensure that those who have signed up for an account aren't clicking OK anyhow. I live a PG13 life, and I prefer to have my streams reflect that.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. The current banning system is hugely flawed due to trolls being able to hide behind a VPN and create hundreds of new accounts, it does literal nothing to protect streamers against a persistent troll.

Instead Twitch needs to have it so that anyone who uses their services agrees to the logging of their Device ID and and bans are logged against that Device and not the IP. This way troll maybe has 2/3 devices he/she can use but certainly not hundreds!

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. There should be a higher tier mod role that can take and give mod and vip roles also it should has different badge maybe something like waraxe or maybe golden sword

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Add a "Head Mod" role, So if a normal mod made a mistake, the Head mod can take care of it without the broadcaster stopping what their doing to stop what the normal mod did. You might think, "What Happens if the head mod does something bad" Well, the mod should be a very very trusted friend of the broadcaster, and from there, if the head mod Still does something bad, then the broadcaster does something about that, but there should be only 1 or 2 head mods. So the head mods can trade out service times, or just have…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Editors are an important part of a content creator's team. Mods with an editor role should be able to see one another's stream markers when highlighting VODs. Editing and moderating is a team effort and this would greatly facilitate our ability to work together.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Some users create problems within communities of streamers that don't warrant a permanent ban from the platform but cause recurring issues.

For example, I have a group of other streamer that I am friends with and our communities often intermingle. A user has been prevelant in all of our channels, walking the tight rope of bannable offenses. While we have used discord to keep in contact with our mods collectively, it still segments the information into a small group.

It would be amazing to have a way for content creators and moderators to raise red flags across all content creators.…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Implement a design that mods can be rated by streamers and viewers to indicate their excellence in performance. Allow this to be community accessible, allowing streamers to locate the very best mods for their streams and to express the reward of value to moderators who place a great deal of personal commitment into a stream. A reward system could be implemented to add value to this by perhaps lowing sub fees for mods or offering Twitchcon Discounts on tickets for mods that reach a level of excellence.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. So, I get it, today is Women's History Month. I saw the ad on Twitter using the term "womxn" - a term used deliberately to exclude trans women, and one that most trans women - including myself - find incredibly offensive.

If you don't want us on your platform, and if we're not welcome in the Twitch community, there are easier ways to tell us that by publicly invalidating our identity.

Absolutely disgraceful that a company that used to pride itself on promoting an inclusive, safe space for creators is using and promoting such disgusting language.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. There should be a report button for Mod abuse. Bullying and harassing the viewers. Mods are getting away with abusing the fan base. Also an icon by there name to show that the moderator did in fact did it. Also helps if the moderator Mods other channels. Helps the viewer to be careful around the mod and the streamer.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Mods cannot timeout/ban each other, so showing the mod actions view adds an unnecessary step when I want to access the simple user actions box. (this intermediary view could be retained for broadcasters, however, in the rare event where the streamer would like to apply a moderation action to a mod)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Essentially this idea comes in three parts.

The first: Allow the streamer to specify for themselves whether their stream can be viewed by "guests" (someone not logged into Twitch).

The second: A user who has been banned should not simply be unable to view/participate in chat. They should not be allowed to view the stream whatsoever.

The last: User banned should be IP Banned from that stream. Meaning taking 30 seconds to make a new account to simply continue with the Stream Sniping/Harassment isn't so simple to do.

Stream Sniping for us Smaller Streamers is a terrible thing. I get…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Will Twitch Be Doing a Strikes Removal Program in the Future Like Say After So many Days the Strikes Fall off? the account? Would Something like this be possible in the future?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I wanted to edit the report I just made on a streamer. It would be nice to see your report or submission after it is submitted otherwise it feels like it just goes into a big void of space. Thanks!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Sufrí la expulsión de un Chat al que frecuento y el moderador me dijo no fue él sino algo que hizo Twitch. Escribí la palabra"Negril" que es una playa que está en Jamaica. Negro tiene muchos significados, es un color, es un apellido, y también puede ser una palabra racista por supuesto así que traten de ajustar el robot para que vea el contexto.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Twitch has very clear policies in regards to what is prohibited.

But lately, it seems that no action is taken when any streamer harasses anyone.
    It has gotten to the point that there's actual news in the media about different harassment cases on Twitch and where Twitch seems to ignore it.

In my own case, I have provided a link to the VOD where I am clearly doxed and personally identifiable information is released, I have provided screenshots of whispers from the streamer sent to others urging them to ban me and discussing how they are targeting me, and of…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I have come to understand that for streamers trying to avoid giving away too much information about themselves, they will get a PO Box 30-45 minutes away from their homes. Since twitch is in the Amazon family, it seems like there could be a service streamer could pay for to have mail go to a generic location in the basic region (could correspond to Amazon shipping locations) and then they could get items from user delivered with Amazon packages. That would allow the content creators to receive items in a safer way.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Hi Twitch, this is my only way in reaching you as the problem I'm having has no solution, I keep randomly getting people following me even when im offline and their all really shady accounts, streaming crypto and fortnite and im getting scared if they're bots and all because i donr want to get banned?!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. There is a streamer Amouranth That is LITERALLY SELLING P0rn and S3xuaI CONTENT on your platform OPENLY.
    IN HER PANEL SECTION one of her panels leads to https://linktr.ee/Amouranth
    Which also leads to https://www.amouranthpatreon.com/ and https://onlyfans.com/amouranth.
    Both selling on em and even one has this a thumbnail. https://prnt.sc/12oalrl
    What the
    are you guys doing READ YOUR OWN **** GUIDE LINES.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?