Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Safety

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Safety

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Hi! One of the Ideas of mine I'd love to see implemented which would help a lot of mods/streamers. Starting out It'd really be nice if there were some changes made to the "editors" role and some new roles added to replace some of the "editor" role's current features. For example, it'd be really nice if there was a "Stream manager/adminstrator" role or even both implemented with different privileges. We need a role for Streamers where they're be able to assign people of their choosing (Generally Top mods) to #1, have more access to be able manage/edit the channel and…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. The current banning system is hugely flawed due to trolls being able to hide behind a VPN and create hundreds of new accounts, it does literal nothing to protect streamers against a persistent troll.

Instead Twitch needs to have it so that anyone who uses their services agrees to the logging of their Device ID and and bans are logged against that Device and not the IP. This way troll maybe has 2/3 devices he/she can use but certainly not hundreds!

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Editors are an important part of a content creator's team. Mods with an editor role should be able to see one another's stream markers when highlighting VODs. Editing and moderating is a team effort and this would greatly facilitate our ability to work together.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Implement a design that mods can be rated by streamers and viewers to indicate their excellence in performance. Allow this to be community accessible, allowing streamers to locate the very best mods for their streams and to express the reward of value to moderators who place a great deal of personal commitment into a stream. A reward system could be implemented to add value to this by perhaps lowing sub fees for mods or offering Twitchcon Discounts on tickets for mods that reach a level of excellence.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. There should be a higher tier mod role that can take and give mod and vip roles also it should has different badge maybe something like waraxe or maybe golden sword

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. There should be a report button for Mod abuse. Bullying and harassing the viewers. Mods are getting away with abusing the fan base. Also an icon by there name to show that the moderator did in fact did it. Also helps if the moderator Mods other channels. Helps the viewer to be careful around the mod and the streamer.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I'm not a fan of the current way Twitch has it setup for Mature Streams that are marked for +18 Mature, a click of a button shouldn't just automatically grant whoever to watch those types of streams, and so what I propose is a Age Verification system to verify those users are of age before being allowed to watch those streams by using a Digital ID Age Verification system. This would not only properly protect minors and prevent them from watching stuff they shouldn't, but also adult streamers as well.

A simple age verification check would make it so that…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Some users create problems within communities of streamers that don't warrant a permanent ban from the platform but cause recurring issues.

For example, I have a group of other streamer that I am friends with and our communities often intermingle. A user has been prevelant in all of our channels, walking the tight rope of bannable offenses. While we have used discord to keep in contact with our mods collectively, it still segments the information into a small group.

It would be amazing to have a way for content creators and moderators to raise red flags across all content creators.…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Given the terms of service defines driving streams as Self Harm and Injury due to distracted driving, I would want a stipulation added that the streaming device being it a phone or tablet must feature the back of the Driver's head to be evident that the Driver is not a distracted driver.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. when some streamer reach the $100usd goal (for receive payment) , a "green label" for advice the payout for the next "payout day"

remember, not all streamers get payment all the time!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. So, I get it, today is Women's History Month. I saw the ad on Twitter using the term "womxn" - a term used deliberately to exclude trans women, and one that most trans women - including myself - find incredibly offensive.

If you don't want us on your platform, and if we're not welcome in the Twitch community, there are easier ways to tell us that by publicly invalidating our identity.

Absolutely disgraceful that a company that used to pride itself on promoting an inclusive, safe space for creators is using and promoting such disgusting language.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. There should be a limit of three Mods on live streaming not twelve. Makes the viewers chat less to the streamer. Sometimes makes the moderator bully the viewer without the streamer knowing. There should be less Mods on stream. Enough communication between the viewer and the streamer.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Sufrí la expulsión de un Chat al que frecuento y el moderador me dijo no fue él sino algo que hizo Twitch. Escribí la palabra"Negril" que es una playa que está en Jamaica. Negro tiene muchos significados, es un color, es un apellido, y también puede ser una palabra racista por supuesto así que traten de ajustar el robot para que vea el contexto.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Some Streamer are using ilnessess to get money from viewers and most of them doesn't prove if they have the ilness or not and they are burning the people that has the ilness not only in Twitch but IRL too. Also they curse if you ask them some proof of it in my country the most knows Streamer is Dilera. They says for it users to give some excuses that are funny and the better is that he doesn't show the medical documention because his parents are cousin and he is afraid to lose his viewer and lose his money.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add a "Head Mod" role, So if a normal mod made a mistake, the Head mod can take care of it without the broadcaster stopping what their doing to stop what the normal mod did. You might think, "What Happens if the head mod does something bad" Well, the mod should be a very very trusted friend of the broadcaster, and from there, if the head mod Still does something bad, then the broadcaster does something about that, but there should be only 1 or 2 head mods. So the head mods can trade out service times, or just have…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. We need additional buttons at the bottom of the chat next to the "setting" button, such as "subscribers-only mode" and "emote-only mode" instead of open settings or type command, or turn into mod view.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. It should be noted that DMCA is NOT International and strictly a USA thing not really recognized by international law. It is however a extention of the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) as interpited by the USA. That being said I belive that Twitches respect and use of it could be better improved if the WIPO was taken in to consideration instead of the DMCA.

Note this is does not mean dumping the DMCA as the WIPO is that at it's core. I am only noting this as Twich deals with a international market, which the DMCA never took in…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. How do I even represent the Moderator Assessment System?
    Click on the nick, a number of buttons appear - it is a score system from 0 to 10 and a comment from the viewer, the higher the moderator rating in the global moderator list, the list itself will be displayed on the main screen as a button "Moderator Rating," the more frequent the streamer channel will be, (on which you are the moderator), be displayed in the recommended ones, and the same with a 30% chance to appear on the main screen.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. It would be important for those of us who use this medium to share, know and interact with those who broadcast live or with whom we communicate, the moderators are also controlled. Today a moderator banned me and removed from the chat just for fun and it's annoying. I mean, can a moderator delete contacts and I don't know about it and control it? There should be a method to avoid these bad times and thus prevent one from losing interest in the system as well as followers. There should be a mechanism to report them and take away their…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Mods cannot timeout/ban each other, so showing the mod actions view adds an unnecessary step when I want to access the simple user actions box. (this intermediary view could be retained for broadcasters, however, in the rare event where the streamer would like to apply a moderation action to a mod)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?