Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Safety

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Safety

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

83 results found

1. Please check if the number of followers of a channel is realistic if that channel has NEVER streamed. Recently there is a spike of purchased followers used in hate-raids against LGBTQIA+ people. A lot of this could be automatically prevented or at least decreased in how bad it is by automatically putting channels with a high followercount despite never having streamed on a watchlist and not allowing them to raid until this is reviewed.

twitchdobetter

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Do not display soft p0rn in the home screen under "Live channels we think you'll like" unless a user has previously followed a specific tag (or an account containing that specific tag). I have never watched nor liked any content of that nature, and it continually populates in the late evening, yet, it is clearly inconsistent with Twitch Community Guidelines: "Sexually suggestive content or activities are also prohibited..." (This refers to hot tub streams with nearly naked hosts in promiscuous and revealing poses and ASMR streams featuring sexualized hosts.) Those channels are surely good for business, but constantly putting it…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. This entire concept is counter productive and makes the chat experience awkward. I understand that streamers do this to prevent kids from being in mature streams but this actually makes this problem worse because now you have a bunch of potential children watching adult streams and they know not to mention their age! What is the logic here?!?! Plus mature adults want to know how old the people are that they're chatting with. It's a very common topic and something that people WANT to know since the beginning of the internet , A/S/L ? Age chat should NOT be discouraged…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. A few minutes ago, I received a notification that a guy named hoss has started to follow me on Twitch.

The suggestion is pretty clear - in order to cope with the issue presented below, by default do not enable email notifications to people who have never streamed.

I have read Reddit post that went pretty viral a couple of days ago about a the very same user with different name variations who somehow IP grabs user profiles.

Here is a link: https://www.reddit.com/r/Twitch/comments/pck517/randomly_got_this_follower_even_though_i_havent/

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Essentially this idea comes in three parts.

The first: Allow the streamer to specify for themselves whether their stream can be viewed by "guests" (someone not logged into Twitch).

The second: A user who has been banned should not simply be unable to view/participate in chat. They should not be allowed to view the stream whatsoever.

The last: User banned should be IP Banned from that stream. Meaning taking 30 seconds to make a new account to simply continue with the Stream Sniping/Harassment isn't so simple to do.

Stream Sniping for us Smaller Streamers is a terrible thing. I get…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. There is a bug I've seen a few dozen times where a user will be banned in a channel without ever having talked in it or, more importantly, without a record of a ban occurring from any moderators. These bans are always on 7/25/2019, at 4:39 PM, and are often done by someone who wasn't a moderator of the channel at the time. Unbanning these users works as normal, but they need to request an unban or we can't fix anything - meaning we have no idea how widespread this issue is.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. How is that Twitch is silent about leak? You should be first to inform your customers that there is one.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. My friend has gotten multiple hate raids while streaming under the "woman" tag. When she removed the tag and streamed without it, the hate raids miraculously stopped. There needs to be more in place to protect people from abusing tags to send targeted hate.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. So, I get it, today is Women's History Month. I saw the ad on Twitter using the term "womxn" - a term used deliberately to exclude trans women, and one that most trans women - including myself - find incredibly offensive.

If you don't want us on your platform, and if we're not welcome in the Twitch community, there are easier ways to tell us that by publicly invalidating our identity.

Absolutely disgraceful that a company that used to pride itself on promoting an inclusive, safe space for creators is using and promoting such disgusting language.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Will Twitch Be Doing a Strikes Removal Program in the Future Like Say After So many Days the Strikes Fall off? the account? Would Something like this be possible in the future?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Commenters shouldn't have the power to have a channel flagged or worse, the person who commented should have their account penalized so that the community has a cleaner chat due to less people wanting to have their own account held accountable for their own actions

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Hello,

So last night I was streaming with some friends and experienced my first episode of harassment while streaming the game Dead by Daylight. Someone who claimed to have played a game with me earlier that night created an account with vulgar words in it while using my name in the username. They then began saying some pretty obscene things and it made me very uncomfortable. After reporting and blocking that person, they created a second account which was also blocked and then created a third account which was blocked as well. All three accounts were trying to solicit nudity…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. A lot of my reports are a big deal because the same 3 people keep harassing and telling terrible things to a child that is in my stream. And they go about there way to follow said child to streams to harass. What will be done so this doesn't happen in the future.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. It has been a extense problem on the brazilian community since external moderators and automod system had been banning steamers that put themselves on situations that they couldn't control and aren't their fault.

For exemple purposes: Yulla had been banned indefinitely after someone discovered how to send images through donates and sent a NSFW image.

Conclusion: She had been banned on a situation that she couldn't control and isn't her fault that this happened.

Other brazilian streamers had been suffering the same issues, on different situations. And people concluded "they are being banned due to out of context scenes".

So…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Some Streamer are using ilnessess to get money from viewers and most of them doesn't prove if they have the ilness or not and they are burning the people that has the ilness not only in Twitch but IRL too. They says for it users to give some excuses that are funny and the better is that he doesn't show the medical documention because his parents are cousin and he is afraid to lose his viewer and lose his money.

The point is. When the Streamer are using Twitch to stream his games, stuff... befre he start do it he…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I reported many troll / abuser / Guide breaker account via the reporting system with logs, but till now, none were banned from Twitch! Can you please work faster and make better the community with real bans?

It is not too hard probably to collect the information, and do a ban.

Thank you!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I’ve been told that the system can work both automatically based on thresholds of reports submitted and can be manually applied to channels. Is this true?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Does twitch have a policy or company benefit for members of the trust and safety team to deal with desensitization in regard to some of the awful content that is reviewed on a daily basis?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 1 vote

We're glad you're here