Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Safety

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Safety

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

19 results found

1. Twitch recently changed their content policy to allow more leniency around sexual content. Given the rampant child exploitation issues that have plagued Twitch for years, combined with the fact that Twitch allows children as young as 13 years old to stream on the platform, there is a serious concern that these changes could give child predators additional opportunities for harm.

Particularly concerning is that Twitch has not clarified in its content policy that the new sexual guidelines (or the old ones, for that matter), apply only to adult users of the platform. For example, Twitch indicates that sexual themes such…

62 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Twitch should offer a more in-depth mental health section that not only focuses on streamer health (i.e. suicide prevention/depression) but also the streamer/follower relationship. Offering resources for those who do not understand that the streamer cannot always respond/ may not share the same feelings as the viewer. Essentially, we need a "how to use Twitch in a healthy, responsible manner" section, to educate all parties involved.

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. As a streamer and avid Twitch viewer, there are many community members who do not seem to understand the "unwritten rules" of Twitch. It would be lovely to have a resource or link to direct these people to. Perhaps an informative hub similar to the help center but focused on interpersonal conduct. Videos, articles, etc.

Some of the things observed:
    - A user entering chat and stating they are underage (less than 13 for TOS violation, less than 18 in mature channels)
    - Asking for mod privledges
    - Asking for a gift sub
    - First message in a channel: "Can…

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. With the new Nudity & NSFW content guidelines, it has made it very unclear to a lot of people in my community, the VRChat Roleplay community, whether or not furry models and/or avatars are under the same level of scrutiny as human avatars are.

On April 4, 2020, these rules were put into effect:

How do the new rules about AR Avatars impact my content if I stream a virtual reality sandbox game like VRChat?
    - Our policy on Augmented Reality avatars applies to content where cameras and software are used to capture a person’s physical likeness and translate it…

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. With the new guidelines Twitch should blur thumbnails that is showing any sort of nudity and should add ID age verification to watch 18+ streams

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Given all of the recent issues with streamers experiencing these kinds of attacks perhaps a step by step outline of how best to deal with these attacks.

Ie:
    1. Use moderator view
    2. Emote only mode
    3. Clear chat
    4. Add term(s) to automod
    5. Ban accounts involved with the attack
    6. Report were applicable
    7. Return to normal chat

Repeat as needed. (Or something better)

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. With the Art category going nuts with full nudity right now, the thumbnail system, which pulls a screencapture every 5 minutes, is displaying full nudity with zero age verification. You're running perilously close to some serious legal problems if you don't find a solution to that pretty quickly.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. The safety settings as of now only affect the chat, not the channel itself. Leaving the streamer vulnerable to "Follow Raids" by bot accounts. Here are some safety options that could be implemented to prevent this:
    [All examples are toggable options]

1- Account Verification: Non-Verified accounts (via e-mail or phone) aren't able to follow the channel.

2- Account Age: Accounts created before X days aren't able to follow the channel.

Meassures have to be taken for the safety of twitch streamers, these options will help every user in this platform. It's very demoralizing to be streaming and out of the…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Hatebots that rely on crafted usernames with harassment messages in them can still inject themselves into a stream for harassment by using the Follow button, regardless of all other safety settings enabled. We've seen this attack on large scale before, and occasionally still pops up, often with accounts that were only just created.

Allowing us to restrict who can press the Follow button to only those eligible to chat (i.e. verified account, etc) raises the effort to harass people this way.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I believe it should be an idea to hide the channel (if that channel is streaming) from being suggested if that channel has been banned from your own channel because I banned The13thSeahawk recently from my channel yet he's being suggested by the algorithm whenever he's streaming. He has also banned me from his channel. If I clicked on his channel while I'm banned and my unban request was already used, it would tell me that I am permanently banned from his chat which would make it useless for me to visit The13thSeahawk's stream in the first place.

If implemented,…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I noticed a lot of hate raids will flag / report a channel rapidly to get it taken down; and it had me thinking about Steam Review Bombing.

I was wondering if a possible fix might be that if a channel gets an exceptional amount of flags / reports in a short period of time that those reports are thrown out or logged as possible hate raid? Might allow your automated systems to avoid banning streamers in these situations while not removing the ability to still report content.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Please require an account to view a stream. Banned users are just logging out to view streams now. And please bring back removing banned followers from your list, please! I don’t know why you got rid of this feature but bring it back.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allowing users to complete the Affiliate Application by using their Paypal or another method that doesn't include sharing their SSN would be a major step privacy wise.

If someone's SSN gets stolen, it can ruin them financially for years to come or even for life. This is why we are told never to share that number. Having a work around where we can file the taxes ourselves without having to give out our SSN to Twitch or Amazon would be beneficial to all involved and would help reduce the chances of people getting their SSN stolen.

Posting this in safety…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Electroshock is really macabre for channel content. It can also be dangerous. In my opinion, TOS should discourage electroshock for channel content, especially when streamers may feel pressured into these harmful activities by viewers. It's just not worth it. It definitely turns me off to hear streamers scream from the discomfort. There must be some pretty sick viewers out there to get their kicks out of causing streamers pain, especially the macabre pain of electroshock. The only way I can see to handle this is to modify TOS for the safety of the streamers. Shock collars made for animals may…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I am a person who has been permanently banned from Twitch. I am posting here because I contacted TwitchSupport about the subject matter and was advised that posting here was appropriate. I am also posting here from an account I created long before the one that was banned because I could not post here with the account I was disputing.
    Now, my question is, if I am permanently banned and 6 months later my appeal is rejected, what is the point of me waiting another 6 months to send in my appeal? I love Twitch, of course I do. I…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Subject: Enhancing Streamer Safety through Raid Restrictions

I propose implementing restrictions on Twitch raids to enhance streamer safety. Currently, any individual with their Twitch chat can initiate a raid towards any streamer by using the command @streamer. However, I believe it would be more beneficial to set a minimum threshold of 10 or more viewers for a raid to be successful. This ensures that the raid is more likely to be positive and engaging for the streamer.

The rationale behind this suggestion is to mitigate potential negative impacts of raids initiated by a single viewer. A raid involving a…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Safety Center  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. So I know this has been discussed a couple of times, but I think that's part of where my confusion is coming from. I want to know whether, as a mod or broadcaster, does banning a follower remove them from the broadcaster's follower list or not?

This page mentions that banning a user will remove them from the broadcaster's follower list: https://safety.twitch.tv/s/article/Managing-Harassment?language=en_US#7ChannelBans

However, in this UserVoice thread Twitch mentions that that change was rolled back: https://twitch.uservoice.com/forums/310201-chat/suggestions/44393841-remove-the-feature-that-unfollows-banned-users

So I'm a little confused about this. I know that if the broadcaster blocks a follower, the follower gets removed from the follower list.…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Enable full verification of a user with a mobile number and passport ID. So that it can stop people looking for and abusing the young people who stream.
    When the same user can only create a new account with a new e-mail, it does not make security very high for the young people that predators try to take into private rooms. To date I have reported many people trying this.

If safety is important for those under 18, this should be a matter of high priority. Enable that "everyone" must activate their account with a mobile number.

How many of…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. No more censorship of nudity or sexual content. It's too expensive and when hundreds of Twitch staff lose their jobs it is no longer an affordable priority. Just say no to finger wagging and beat downs over bare breasts.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?