Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Safety

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Safety

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Give streamers or their moderators the ability to accept or deny incoming raids, with a default state to be set by the streamer. At the moment streamers can choose to only be raided by friends or teammates, which increases safety at the cost of discoverability. This will give some peace of mind in the midst of hate raiders.

Alternatively, a moderator command to "Purge all raiders", if a raid has been malicious - a one stop shop to time out / ban all accounts that came in with a recent raid.

187 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

13 comments  ·  Safety Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Having an option to limit what character typesets can be used in chat.

For English stream, it could be limited to ASCII-95 (https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/C%2B%2B_Programming/ASCII)
    If a character was used outside of this typeset, the whole message would not go through.

Any variation could work on this.

85 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Safety Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. As a streamer and avid Twitch viewer, there are many community members who do not seem to understand the "unwritten rules" of Twitch. It would be lovely to have a resource or link to direct these people to. Perhaps an informative hub similar to the help center but focused on interpersonal conduct. Videos, articles, etc.

Some of the things observed:
    - A user entering chat and stating they are underage (less than 13 for TOS violation, less than 18 in mature channels)
    - Asking for mod privledges
    - Asking for a gift sub
    - First message in a channel: "Can…

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Safety Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. I am a mod of a mature channel and have been on Twitch for a few years now.
    It is clearly stated in the rules that it is a mature audience and also clearly marked when you come into the channel. I have had to kick out people as young as 11.
    I just recently found out that banning them still allows them to watch the stream. Last night I kicked out a 14yr old for breaking the rules but it's not good if they can still watch the streams.
    I believe there is hardly a point in banning them…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Safety Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Similar to how discord does it however perhaps in more general terms rather than specific bot recommendations.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Consideration  ·  0 comments  ·  Safety Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Right now, trolls often come into my chat and scroll through my viewers, and harass them. I think the only people who should be able to see the viewer-list is the streamer, and maybe the moderators. I think it leaves viewers vulnerable to just enjoying a stream. It’s essentially the same thing as if I was watching Netflix, some random person across the world could see that I was watching a certain show. Please remove viewer-list for everyone but the streamer!

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Given all of the recent issues with streamers experiencing these kinds of attacks perhaps a step by step outline of how best to deal with these attacks.

Ie:
    1. Use moderator view
    2. Emote only mode
    3. Clear chat
    4. Add term(s) to automod
    5. Ban accounts involved with the attack
    6. Report were applicable
    7. Return to normal chat

Repeat as needed. (Or something better)

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Things I hear on stream end up in my YouTube recommended. Next thing you know. A closested member of the lgbtq will have his/her/their secret revealed and might face repurcussions. You are going to ruin our lives and endanger them if you keep invading our privacy.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?