Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Safety

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Safety

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

16 results found

1. Surely you guys have seen what has recently happened with the "ASMR Category" with two big streamers. Now I will say good job on banning them. But I think those bans should uphold and remain permanent to further back up the message that states. "That type of content is not allowed on twitch"

It's too suggestive the line was pushed too far.

Unless you guys want to make an 18+ category or a whole new site altogether adhering to that. Either way some sort of enforcement needs to be put into place. With a CLEAR understanding of what is /…

101 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Anonymous sub-gifts should be able to be seen by the Streamer so they can determine if a ban should be possible. A female streamer I watch is being harrassed through Anonymous gifted subs to Twitch names of a sexual nature as well as threatening names of physical harm. Let me be clear, this isn't in the TTS message, it's an actual Twitch account name being used to target and harass her. There needs to be a better way to report these people, ban their card use by Twitch, or prevent them from gifting by the streamer. This is a literal…

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. While I fully support any creator's right to produce whatever content they wish within Twitch's TOS, there are many users who for multiple reasons, do not wish to view Sexualised Content.

Currently, even if a streamer marks their content with the 'Sexual Themes' tag, I still see thumbnails of them performing sexualised content in my Browse view, and often see a second or two of sexualised content before the 'warning screen' appears. On top of this, I'm also seeing sexualised content in their stream titles.

I would like to see a default setting in User Preferences where users are asked…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Making it so banning will remove the persons follow. Maybe make it so if they have been banned for over 30 minutes it auto removes the follow and blocks them from following again. Maybe also putting a little notification that shows up in their notifications that they have been removed from following ( username ) due to a recent ban in that stream. Then it would have a timer with the amount of time left before they can ask for an unban request and if accepted regains their follow age.

Thanks in advance for looking at this , LinoYeen

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. It is not fair that you can appeal only once every 6 months. If you are not a partner on Twitch they will not care and reject your appeal plan to reinstate your account on twitch. It would be better if you could appeal once a week to try to get your account back for Twitch.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. prevent joining raids to streamers viewers have blocked.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I believe the system for users to appeal bans could be better improved by submitting an actual description and even getting the opinion of the streamer. I had two friends in my chat and ‘Friend 1’ made a comment (Something to the effect of “…kill @Friend2UserName !!” while playing a first person shooter) and ‘Friend 2’ thought it would be funny to ‘report’ the comment of Friend 1. Well, without review, Friend 1 was banned and denied appeal. Friend 2 even admitted that he did the report jokingly and there was nothing malicious about the comment. Friend 1 was an…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. When a person is banned from a channel, it turns out that the channel which they were banned from can be put on their recommended carousel.

First, it makes no sense to be offered a recommendation to a channel that wishes you not to go there. But also, for a case when a person is unaware why they are banned, it adds quite a bit of anxiety to see it repeatedly recommended and provides a less than stellar experience.

This should be a common sense feature to be approved.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I believe it should be an idea to hide the channel (if that channel is streaming) from being suggested if that channel has been banned from your own channel because I banned The13thSeahawk recently from my channel yet he's being suggested by the algorithm whenever he's streaming. He has also banned me from his channel. If I clicked on his channel while I'm banned and my unban request was already used, it would tell me that I am permanently banned from his chat which would make it useless for me to visit The13thSeahawk's stream in the first place.

If implemented,…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. If a song is part of the game, it should not be muted. If you're going to insist to have the stupid DMCA filters in place in the first place at least have them set to recognize songs that are in various games so I don't have parts of my stream muted for songs that the game comes with.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Interest  ·  2 comments  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allow manually choosing the content label for mature rated games. Not all games are rated in mainstream websites

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. This has been going on for years, yet for some reason Twitch cant seem to block these phrases from being used to harass VETERANS who are just enjoying their time on twitch. They literally block words like GTFO which is a game on steam and many other phrases that can be used to target other people, races and genders yet something like this gets through? What if a person killed them self because of this harassment? Would twitch do something then or would they be held liable along with the person that's harassing the veteran? Much like the girl who…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. This week i got follow botted - 170 bots on my channel. I took them all off but it took me a little bit to go through everything. Wish there was a fail-safe - unless someone is gifting subscriptions, no followers should be able to be purchased and put on someones account. This would also make it so creators cant buy followers that are fake. makes your ratings go down when you have a large number of followers but no one watching/ interacting and is not good for the channel

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Interest  ·  0 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Game skin gambling was added to the guidelines a while ago.
    Skin gambling on all games, including RUST, as well as CSGO should be banned.
    Guidelines need to be updated.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. As twitch terms and conditions changed in June, all streamers cannot do Simulcasting (multistream). However, not only revenue-generating streamers, but also many streamers are Simulcasting (multistream) without prior permission from Twitch.
    Why aren't streamers who are simulcasting (multistream) in violation of the terms and conditions punished?
    We ask that streamers who are generating revenue be immediately terminated and temporarily suspended for violating the terms and conditions.
    Also, please add Simulcasting (multistream) to your reporting categories.
    Change the terms again to allow Simulcasting (multistream) only for regular streamers and prohibit Simulcasting (multistream) for monetized streamers.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. When whisper scambots [click link to lose steam credentials] are reported and confirmed to be scambots, twitch should contact the link site registrar and report abuse to stop new bot accounts continuing to spam that site.
    Also whispers should have reported & confirmed links filtered so the whisper isn't delivered.
    Twitch should also report to google.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Interest  ·  0 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?