Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

IGDB

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

IGDB

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

342 results found

1. Simple as. While they should adhere to guidelines, users should be able to opt for which box art they prefer on IGDB. Doing so would not only be preferable for some who prefer some art over another, but would also fleshen out the Database by letting users see which artwork corresponds to which region.

86 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Heya!

There’s absolutely a need for multiple covers as a data point, we hear you :) Let’s clarify what this could mean in the near future:

One thing that we are currently looking at is expanding data for Localization, and covers are an obvious fit for this. However it’s worth pointing that Localized cover and additional cover might not mean the same thing. For example offering the Japanese specific cover doesn’t mean having multiple variant for it (different artworks, logo style, dimensions etc..).

We will start with Localization, which will help provide API users more options for their own communities. And as a second step from there we would begin looking at how to offer multiple variant of a single regional cover so that users may pick & choose.

Hope this helps!

2. According to contribution guidelines, "Genre is the first tier in our 3-tier categorization system. Choose the most fitting genre(s) to broadly describe the game."
    "Indie" is not the primary, broad description for a game. Maybe in 2007, but not today. They are puzzles/platformers/etc before they are indie. Indie is better suited as a keyword, if anything.

73 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Hey!

Seeing that there are already both screenshots, and Artworks it would be great to also be able to add game logos.
    I make covers often from official artworks so I usually end-up downloading transparent logos at the same time anyway.

Thanks!

73 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey! yes this is a great suggestion, we’ve definitely been wanting to expand our Game Media coverage with logos.
    Especially for PressKits for example.

4. There could be a way to link a game to another as a sequel or prequel, what would be good for game series like Metal Gear and The Legend of Zelda, for example. In the game page, there could be a place saying "Sequel to "game X" and "Prequel of "game Y".

63 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey! we had a chat about this internally and landed on the fact it could become problematic, so we wanted to double check your suggestion in more details.
    How would we define the order within a series? As this could be seen either as chronologically by release, or by story.

For example, MGS3 being the first one in the story, yet the 3rd one by release date. This could prove very divisive either way.

Another issue that could be problematic are differences in the order by region. Final Fantasy is an infamous case, where FFVI was released as FFIII in North America for example.

Was this the sort of approach you had in mind with such a feature? Let us know :)

5. The game is already duly registered with the IGDB, but when I contacted them via email, I was informed that this problem would be resolved here and that the game would be able to be an option, a category of choice for streamers.

gamewebsite: https://arkaikonline.com/

59 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Deferred  ·  16 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Something that would mirror my preferences from Twitch, as well as save battery life on mobile phones/laptops and be easier on the eyes from all the stark white would be the ability to have a Site-wide Dark Mode.

There are a few displays this would probably help as well, like you're daily output graph on the Karma Hunters page, which can be difficult to view on some LCD monitors at non-optimal viewing angles.

56 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. (Confirmed in the pipeline)
    In addition to Steam and mobile platforms, links to the web storefronts of additional platforms would be helpful.

Discord: https://discordapp.com/channels/114736716505546761/352159900849274892/722780997334335508

46 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Heya!
    Update on this, we identified one possible issue which is that unlike PC stores, most console links are region specific.
    So we’re investigating how we could either generalised them or whether we’d introduce this when we tackle localization of IGDB.
    Stay tuned!

8. I'm having an issue where preforming API searches doesn't return games that exists on the IGDB site.

For example, these two Pokemon games exist on IGDB:
    https://www.igdb.com/games/pokemon-x
    https://www.igdb.com/games/pokemon-y

But when I search via the API I get no results back.

I'm searching this endpoint:
    https://api-v3.igdb.com/games

And here's my search body:
    search "Pokémon x"; fields id,name,cover.imageid,firstrelease_date; where cover != null; limit 5;

I get an empty JSON result.

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey there.
    Search in the API is indeed in need of a big overhaul, this is planned and in our backlog, unfortunately it isn’t on our immediate roadmap and therefore not currently being worked on.
    Apologies in the meantime, we will keep our API community up to date as soon as work on this feature begins.

9. Due to the different types of machines in the new console generation, this issue has become even more important.

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Create game lists by importing what you own from platforms like steam

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Please add options to order our lists by name, date of addition, date of launch, etc. The lists options are too scarce!

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Lists  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Heya!

Dropping by to mention list management improvements are in progress :)

We've already put live:

• better custom list edit tools (duplicate warnings, floating nav, mov games to top/bottom etc..)
    • Support for numbered list in grid view
    • Security fixes on list for duplicates or disabled games

List sorting is next up coming very soon. Stay tuned!

12. Few companies maintain the same name forever. Some rename, merge, are bought out, or generally acquired. It would be helpful to manage the progression of various devs and publishers with a timeline progression and/or a tree of ownership.

Ex.
    1) Squaresoft > Square > Square and Enix merge > SquareEnix

2) Namco and Bandai merge > Namco Bandai > Bandai Namco Games

3) Activision and Blizzard Merge > Create holding company called Activision Blizzard that owns the two companies Activision and Blizzard.

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello!
    We are looking at redoing our company data taxonomy, part of which is possibly adding several ‘layers’ to companies, such as Divisions for example.

Companies are a bit lacking at the moment as we historically have been focusing on Games, but we gradually intend to start giving them more love :)

Stay tuned!

13. I think System requirements tables based on official minimum and recommendations specs for PC games is very useful and important. It's a must have feature that will be used by a lot of users! :)

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Apparently there was previously features for adding a custom profile pic and banner which were disabled. If that's the case it would be great to bring those back, I can't see them doing any harm. More personalisation is appreciated on sites such as these. It would also be nice to display some kind of bio in the "Overview" section (there's even space in the middle perfect for it) as well as a possible list of consoles/platforms owned.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey!

I can confirm this is definitely in the works. When we switched to Twitch logins after the acquisition we had to terminate our own user upload feature for safety and privacy reasons. The current plan is to add the ability to sync your IGDB profile Avatar & Banners with your Twitch profile, so it would be one seamless account across both.

Adding extra to the profile itself is something we very much would like to do, some work has even already put into this. Unfortunately however this isn’t currently on our roadmap and priority list for the short term. But soon!

Thanks!

15. PICO-8 is a Fantasy Console used to play and create games. I feel like this should be added to the categories as this will be my main source when streaming. I think it would be awesome if you guys could add this so I can select this as my category for streaming.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I have noticed games series that use the same name twice (usually due to reboots) causes the game list to get confused and delete one of them in favour of the other. For example Sonic The Hedgehog and Sonic the hedgehog (2006) Same title but only the original shows on the game list not the 2006 version. I have noticed this with other games too, both games should be able to be on the list simultaneously. Another ways this is my idea :D

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Currently, the basic search algorithm on IGDB seems to value popularity over anything -- even the title of the game being searched.
    When I searched for "Persona 2", it being a 2-part game, the games "Persona 2: Innocent Sin" and "Persona 2: Eternal Punishment" appear as the 16th and 19th entries down the list respectively, while "Persona 5", by dar the most popular game in the series, showed up first.
    The algorithm needs to prioritize the search input much more than it currently does, as the current system renders inputting sequel or series entry numbers (2, 5 etc.) quite useless.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add Russia as region in release date. A lot of Russian exclusive games out there, and also those that do came out to the rest of Europe.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Right now there seems to be some confusion with the available options for Genres and Themes. Some options are missing, others are in Themes whereas they would make more sense in Genres, and yet others are way too broad to be descriptive and informative.

My suggestion is first to determine what is a Genre and what is a Theme, and convey that to all the data contributors. I suggest to define "Genre" as something that indicates HOW the game is played (gameplay rules and elements), and "Theme" as something that indicates WHERE the game is played (setting and lore elements).

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey!

First of all thanks a lot for putting this table together, this for sure will become handy when we research this further.

We’ve been wanting to revamp our Genres/Themes/Keywords for a while, it’s a fairly big undertaking that implies a taxonomy upgrade.
    We’ve discussed making use of a sub categories to avoid redundancy and more accuracy for example.

While this isn’t on our radar just yet, i would say it is pretty high up our list of feature upgrade. We’ll keep in touch when we start this project!

20. Something that can become rather repetitive and even prevent users from adding all the Add-ons for a given title is repetitively entering the same data points over and over.

It would be extremely helpful if you set an entry to be an Addon, Expansion, Version or other relevant entry to copy all data relevant data from the original title.

Such as:
    - Categorization fields
    - Company fields
    - Websites
    - Engine
    - Age Ratings

Ex. LittleBigPlanet

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey! Excellent suggestion, in fact we have something very similar in our Backlog already, with a ‘inherit data from parent’ feature.

It’s just at an idea stage for now, but we’ll look into planning in in accordance with our roadmap as soon as possible.
    Cheers!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 17 18
  • Don't see your idea?