Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

IGDB

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

IGDB

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

373 results found

1. If you include the 'search' option in the multiquery, only the id fields are returned in the results. For example the following query
    query games "game" {
    fields name;
    search "gta";
    };
    Will return an array of games but will only include the id field

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  API Bug Report  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. From what I understand and experienced getting your changes approved on IGDB can take anywhere between 4 to 14 days, not longer. It would be good if there was a page that showed a list of changes currently waiting for approval from IGDB Admin so you could see where your changes were in the pipeline. I saw on the Discord that an announcement said that a week ago or so the oldest changes to be approved were about 14 days old. Keeping this list in public gives us an estimate on when our edits will be reviewed.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Hi,

I'm using Twitch for music production live mostly so I use the "Music" category all the time and as a primary category now it's a bit bland so I'm submitting a cover art for the "Music" category :

https://images.igdb.com/igdb/image/upload/t_original/co8gws.png

Also, I've tried to make a new IGDB page for "Logic Pro X" program as a game. Music is an art but also some kind of ludic hobby for most people so imo it could be defined as a sandbox text game don't you think ?

https://www.igdb.com/games/logic-pro-x#about

If not I'm also submitting the creation of "Software" category where Logic Pro…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Hi,

I'm looking to filter games by their media (either digital or physical) but I have an issue with media response which is always empty.

Here is an example:

https://api.igdb.com/v4/external_games

-with body : fields countries, category, media; where game = 1187;

-response :

[
    {
    "id": 145250,
    "category": 3
    },
    {
    "id": 245373,
    "category": 14
    },
    {
    "id": 1998977,
    "category": 14
    }
    ]

Category enum is working but there is no response for Media Enum = 1 or 2...

Is this normal?

Thanks for your answer and have a nice day!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  API Bug Report  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Hi,
    On the platforms page "https://www.igdb.com/platforms" and when querying the API for the base platform, the platform logo for the base "Nintendo 64 (Platform)" is currently by default the iQue image "https://images.igdb.com/igdb/image/upload/t_cover_small/pl78.png" Shouldn't this image actually be the base platform image i.e. the N64 image "https://images.igdb.com/igdb/image/upload/t_logo_med/pl77.png" the same image that is displayed when visiting that platforms main platform web page "https://www.igdb.com/platforms/n64"?

In summary please can we change the base N64 platform image in the following areas:
    API - Platforms
    Platforms Web Page - https://www.igdb.com/platforms
    https://images.igdb.com/igdb/image/upload/t_logo_med/pl78.png (i.e. pl78.png)
    To:
    https://images.igdb.com/igdb/image/upload/t_logo_med/pl77.png (i.e. pl77.png)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I looked in the API documentation, but didn't see this. If I'm mistaken, please point me in the right direction!

A create game endpoint would streamline the game submission process. This would help with smaller indie web-based, browser games.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  API Suggestion  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Hi,
    We should be able to indicate the language of the review, when we write a new one.
    And the page of the game (https://www.igdb.com/games/***/reviews), we should be able to filter reviews throught a language list.
    Default value should be define on the profile, wich could be reuse on both situations (writing, filtering)
    Thanks !

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Hi,

On the profile (https://www.igdb.com/users/***) the lists order should be : Want > Playing > Played, like everywhere in the site, instead of the present order : Played > Playing > Want

Reviewed and rated lists should be on the second line than on the first one too, for a better user interface experience.

Thanks !

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Lists  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. On IGDB lists, sub status should remain updatable from the list view, even if the game is on a personal list.
    I don't know if it's a bug or a feature (if so, should be explain somewhere).
    Thank you !

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Lists  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. While there is the Amstrad CPC and Amstrad PCW, the GX4000 (which was Amstrad's only attempt at a home video game console) is not listed. It even had its own library of games (some enhanced for it).

Would it be possible to add that?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Often (if at all), users will enter a source or reference link in the Comments of an edit when this isn't something that can't be added to the existing Websites (news article, second Community Wiki, dev Twitter post, etc). This often gets lost or forgotten later when a new edit is added, becoming a back and forth.

If there could be a way to add something like the [#] links on datapoints to show the sources of an edit without having to look through years of changelogs. That would help greatly, both in review and transparency.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. It would be nice to have the option to add a character's role into the database, like:

• Main Character
    • Side Character
    • Villain/Enemy
    • Random NPC
    2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I can’t view my activity lists on iOS. Nothing happens when I click the icons. I need to hold down on the icon and open them in a new tab. Been like this for months :(

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I just implemented the events feature in my project and one user noticed I have all timings wrong. Everything is one hour too late. I searched for the issue on my end for a while, but then I saw that the API endpoint answers with the time one hour too late.

For example, the Xbox Games Showcase 2024 (IGDB ID 493) answers with 1717956000 as a start_time. That would be Sunday, 9. June 2024 18:00:00 UTC. But the event is at Sunday, 9. June 2024 17:00:00 UTC.

This is not only an error in this specific event, but all events…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. In modern gaming Publisher, Developer, and everything in between no longer represent the sensibilities and ideas on display in a final product. The real influence on the art, is the artist.

I want for there to be some way to keep track of specific, decision making, people on development teams that make the games we all know and love. I want to follow the writing lead/team of Tyranny, I want to follow the design team/lead of Guild Wars 1, I want to assemble a list of those artists that make the pieces of media I enjoy. Through assembling this web…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Hi! It would be really great to include something like an 'input' option so you can find games with native gyro aiming.

I'm always trying to find good gyro coop fps games to play with my girlfriend (I can only really do it with gyro) and it takes a LOT of google searching, it's a massive pain..

I don't think it's necessary to include Steam gyro, just eg PS4 / PS5 and Switch games that have it built in.

There's hardly any games so it wouldn't take long to have it all complete, but the list is hopefully growing, especially…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Being able to ask the search engine I question about a video game. Example could be instead of searching people or game you could query a separate group called "Questions" then type "Who is the creator of pac man" or "Who did software development for ultima online" etc. Could also be carried over to IMDB. example "who played billy in billy madison"

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Probably just had to edit too many Dress-up mobile games, but in all honesty "Romance" doesn't really feel too accurate of a description. Fashion could be a useful Theme for these types of titles and others.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I have been using the following fields list on the /games path for several years now to retrieve a subset of data I needed for games:

fields first_release_date,summary,genres.name,themes.name,involved_companies.*,involved_companies.company.name

This previously worked properly, and I have code to process the variables for "developer", "supporting", and "publisher" on each involved company that is returned. However, I recently noticed that no games ever return results with "publisher" set to true anymore after re-grabbing data for some games and seeing the publisher data I had stored for them disappearing for every game (where previously the same method had received those results). I only ever…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 18 19
  • Don't see your idea?