Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Safety

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Safety

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

93 results found

1. Dear Twitch,

We are now dealing with a new threat of bot accounts. These accounts sit lurking in channel, possibly logging info of either streamers or chatters. They may be using this info for giveaway sniping, or possible future bot attacks, including viewer bots, follower bots, and even spam bots. They sit there and do nothing, they follow us to other streams we host/raid. We ban them, not like they ever say anything, but to prevent them from spreading, we need a way to KICK THEM OFF THE CHANNEL.

Recently had a run in with "Opentwitchbot" whom acknowledges that they…

1,030 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

187 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi, I know that this is a very late response, but we’re hoping to find time to address this issue later this year. There are a few steps we’ll have to take to solve this problem in a way that will work for all streamers, but we understand the severity of the issue.

2. I'm a Twitch moderator for 3 small Affiliate streamers. I'm also a former tech support escalations agent for multiple companies & have a business degree, & I do free small business consulting to help small streamers reach Affiliate, start their streaming business, & grow their own communities on Twitch, because I think people have potential to work for themselves doing a job they enjoy & that Twitch has a lot of potential to be a platform to help them do it.

It was the community potential that made me spend the last 10 months learning the platform to help others…

305 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. get a hold of the people that openly say on Twitter that they organize bot spams that specifically target POC and LGBTQ+ streamers

188 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

100 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. There has been much talk on the r/Twitch reddit regarding the large amount of mass join bots. These bots, although they haven't broken a rule, are quite annoying to many people. Especially the ones that randomly follow/unfollow during a stream just trying to get attention.

I believe many people would really appreciate some sort of a feature like /hide NAME that will remove the username from the chatter list and possibly block them from following. If it is indeed a bot there is no harm done.

126 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. After the bot attacks on twitch Vtuber channels in those days, i think it's necessary, NOW, a feature which block bots from following channels, the idea should be this : an unverified account gets blocked from the start to follow a channel if that account isnt verified, remember that to create a verified account it's necessary to doing a longer process so the bot buyer much necessarily taking more time and they will give up. Or something which work like that to fight bots.

72 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. There are people on Twitch, who have a program that allows bot spamming in chats. They buy accounts somewhere in the form of login:oauth:token and connect them to their program.
    They used to spam ads to promote themselves, now they do that to create conflicts between streamers or just to mess with streamers.

It is possible to get an Oauth:token through the Twitch API request, using apps verified by Twitch.
    If I understood correctly from the developer's words, Twitch can get info about a token that sent the message.

My way of dealing with people that spam is (или я…

68 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Seen two twitch streamers getting hit with what can only be described as a bot flood follow iam talking 1000+ Followers, Created by some sort of bot, is there an option to protect streamers from this kinda flood bot

56 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

32 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Hello,

Being follow-botted in a stream is not something that is pleasant when the streamer wants authentic following.

When this happens, there is no way to stop it. Streamers wishing to remove these fake followers must manually remove them.

This burden can be lightened if there would be a way in the Twitch channel / live settings to block the Follow feature for some time and unblock it later.

This feature request will help streamers block these follow-bot attacks and help them retake control of their stream.

46 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. First off I wanna thank RekItRaven for Shedding so much light on this issue that has been occurring for years. I have just started streaming 8 months ago and this is my 4th time this year getting hate raided. I’ve been called almost everything in the book. Now I have several ideas on how to make this better but for starters. You Need to obey the Blocked/Banned Order. Anyone who is Blocked Or Banned should not be able to Hate watch us thus risking another hate raid whether that be in the form of bullying or racism. 2. Have Better…

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I am seeing, Bot Follows, Bot Hosts and Bot Viewers. I really don't care about the Bot - Viewers - but the Follows and Hosts are creating false hopes and damaging the New Streamer vibe for those wanting to acquire new viewers with their talent/personality/gaming etc. I think some or maybe more of us would Agree that this would be great if we could reduce the number of bots by implementing some sort of identifier or a bot blocker that could be added to ones streams/channel.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Usual Spam Bots, the last in time "Bigfollow"

Use anti-bot system with algorythms to detect these kind of bot, who the the same sentence with variations, characters variations, space variations, etc...

Twitch detection should learn and create auto-detection for them :
    a user enter a channel, post one message and leave, enter another channel, post the same message (or same message with variation) and leave..

the last spam bot is easy to detect, because they use the same keyword in their sentence variations : Bigfollow

Twitch please use an auto-detection, and ban them.
    And allow users to the new words…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Here is the solution for bot raiding and bot following.

https://prnt.sc/20rpx39

Here is a screenshot from control panel. I think it would be easy to just add one more option for "FOLLOWING / Raiding / Hosting" like you cant follow / raid / host this channel because your account doesnt have at least one month or more from creation

My channel is spanish based language, so excuse me for the spanish language in the screenshot.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bots  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. There are so many bots on Twitch. I hate seeing them in my "users in chat" when I look to see who is viewing. like anotherttvviewer, electricallongboard,icewizerd, bingcortana, ect. Can you guys please work on getting these bots off of twitch??

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. It's too easy to create an account so once a user reports a bot account the staff bans them, they get a new IP and are ready to go again.

If you implement a shadowbanning system where their messages appear in chat but not to other users then that means that staff only have to ban the user once as they will not make a new account. It would be like a global ignore feature except the person being banned will not know that they have been ignored by every user. This would make the staffs job so much easier…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bots  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Recently (coinciding with the Helix Raids API being released in open beta), the rate limit on "Raid Now" has been increased to 10 per 10 minutes.

Previously this was set to 3 per 30 minutes (and was even abused by hate raiders who found a bypass for this rate limit; now, such a bypass isn't even necessary as a malicious user can do 60 raids per hour instead of just 6).

There is no normal use case I can think of that justifies this high of a rate limit, and it is ripe for abuse: trolls can create accounts…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Channel-following bot attacks seem to be back again. It is quite upsetting when content creators are streaming wether talking with the chat or just playing while they tell viewers how they feel when all of a sudden a bunch of notifications with pretty weird names pop up.

Streamers and viewers know that it is quite difficult to control these attacks considering that they are done every day, at any time. Despite the fact that there are some tools that in one way or another allow us to remove these bots, many of us believe that it would be better to…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Lately, I've been getting a ton of "follows" and "unfollows" from fake accounts that run streams spams or advertising some random malware or whatever it is that they're promoting. It's been consistent every day about 2-3 times a day. Visiting their page they all run the same video feed. And has the same text link on their screen to some external link.

Usually has some "manolia" name in their twitch name. But now starting to notice a wave of different random naming conventions instead.

I suggest that you guys create some sort of detection software that checks for massive follows…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Similar to how discord does it however perhaps in more general terms rather than specific bot recommendations.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Deferred  ·  0 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Many streamers are currently being flooded by bots. There are no adequate filter mechanisms such as Captcha or other authentication methods that probe the creation of multiple fake accounts.

Twitch should use a secure authentication method for account creation as soon as possible so that so-called bot accounts and fake accounts can no longer be created in the future.

These bots make it unnecessarily difficult for honest streamers to apply for a partnership. In addition, it is almost impossible for streamers to prove that they have not bought or deliberately used any bots such as follower bots.

Dear community, please…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5