Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Safety

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Safety

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

48 results found

1. Currently you have one shot at it to set the right labels while you are live.

As soon as the live is over, you have no way of applying the correct labels to the archived broadcast, or any new highlights/clips created from that broadcast.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. When content is clearly labelled as "adult content" and "contains nudity" from a pixelated game is banned and yet real humans can display nudity and suggestive posing is not banned, Twitch REALLY needs to reassess their views on societal norms and what is legal.

I was watching my friend, fellow streamer, and a channel I sub to when he got banned for playing a video game (Conan Exiles) because he was dressing his character (was nude) in battle armor- its a cartoon, an animation.
    The moment he was banned in the Twitch recommended for me list was a well known…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. https://www.reddit.com/r/Palworld/comments/1ac36h9/palworld_shows_up_as_a_game_called_pal_on_twitch/ i and several others have the ability to manually fix this on streams but not clips My suggestion is that there would be some kind of settings ability to. change content ID mistakes. on clips as well. For some reason this hasn't been implemented for clips. And even though most of my streams are now labeled as pal world, yet the clips I took from those streams are now labeled as pal Even though they aren't pal.. because we have one game that has the first three letters of another game. Don't know what PAL is, but because of…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Greetings,

Labeling streams with Sexual Themes is not enough because thumbnails of them still appear in category listings.

They need there own category to be required to be in. Streams with someone shaking their buttocks in the camera should not be allowed in categories such as Art. I am sick of seeing preview images of them in channel lists. It is disgusting. We should have a choice in whether we see that or not.

https://safety.twitch.tv/s/article/Content-Classification-Guidelines?language=en_US#2II:Sexualthemes

Thanks

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. With the update to the guidelines, users are now prevented from seeing content with safety tags on them. While this is a great step to make Twitch safer, it's not ideal for many of-age users and streamers. I propose that we could ensure viewers still receive appropriate recommendations by allowing them to consent to the tags they're comfortable with seeing on their Homepage when they're setting up their account and in settings so that they can also easily retract consent. It might also be helpful for the homepage itself to have these toggles. Tags are a wonderful way to ensure…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. i keep coming across people on my feed under just chatting sexualizing the platform because of these new tags for sexual content. last i checked this website wasnt for soft core **** or any likes of that. with games and drawings im fine with but having irl people doing these things stretching the guidelines and seeing how far they can get with nudity is horrible. at least give us users the option to not view channels that have the tags on. yes we no longer see the stuff on the main page but the channel names and that like AMOURANTH…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Simple nudity is not sexual in nature in real life and in artwork. It's clearly not appropriate to classify know classics as sexual - even NSFW or Mature. Example: Michalangelo's "David", etc. Even Facebook stopped censoring such works. Content creators should submit things for review when there is uncertainty and simply.
    So labels Nudity, NSFW, and Classic Art should be added to the list. Sexual should remain a category if mature conduct or erogenous focus is the theme.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Recently, due to the introduction of NSFW content on the platform, more channels have been appearing in the ART category.

I, as many other artists in this platform, understand there's a community within NSFW artists, which is much appreciated. What should be not permitted are channels advertising themselves in the ART category, misleading people to a content not related to art.

There are more than 20 accounts, during the hours when the audience is lower, streaming nude real girls twerking and other different +18 content as well. I presume, in the higher audience hours, these accounts may increase in number.…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Twitch,

Firstly, let me clarify to you that I enjoy artistic nudity and am not a puritanical person. I also want to clarify that some people who didn't deserve to get banned got banned today who didn't draw any genitalia and who abided by the new TOS, and that you need to fix your accounting.

However, this is regarding the "opening of Pandora's Box" that you have willed over the course of a singular day.

Whether I like their art or not, the "sexual content" warning isn't sufficient, there absolutely needs to be (1) a censored thumbnail for 18+ streams…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I was happy for new artistic nudity update but didn't expect this site to become full of aroused genitals. Is it still artistic nudity or po***graphy at this point?

How can a drawing with fully erect, wet genitals be classified as artistic when we all know what is the point of this kind of art? There is a difference between a nude portrait or a naked silhouette and some 18+ anime drawing with characters showing off body in sexual manner.

And it's the first thing EVERYONE sees when they enter art category.

If this kind of stuff is okay, can…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Sexual Themes new classification child nudity.

Due to the recent content policy update - sexual themed artists are now drying children/lolis naked on Twitch. Absolutely get RID of this. As well as give us the option to block ALL channels using the Sexual Themes tag - I do not want to see a big dog or dragon genitalia on Twitch - that is not why I'm using the platform, I do not want to see nudity - that is not why I'm using the platform.

I cannot imagine how this went over your heads before releasing this content policy update…

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I suggest that the new guidelines allowing"Artistic Nudity - which concern
    fictionalized artistic depictions: Should have an Additional required Content Label besides just the generic "Sexual Themes".

It seems that the artistic policy will be misused by users posting artistic nudity for non-artistic purposes.

Artistically Nude content has merits and value to the art communities but is shocking for many users when full nudity is shown without specific warning and without prior context, and should be considered distinct from content which merely contains discussions or Sexual Themes, etc.

I suggest that a technical level streams with this label should be…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. As a streamer and Twitch viewer, I use this platform daily. I personally do not have much opinion on the updated approach regarding Twitch's policies on sexual content and classification labels, and it may benefit some. However, I believe there has been a major oversight when rolling out these changes.

I am aware that streams marked with the Sexual Themes tag will not be displayed on the home page (logical enough), yet they still show up in other categories. The preview thumbnails even showcasing full nudity (and some potential rule breaks surpassing just "artistic nudity"), while I am just trying…

89 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Imagine this scenario. You are a user and have seen and accepted all content classification labels warnings. You can navigate Twitch and can watch any content without any warning (this is fine).

Now imagine you are streaming live and navigate Twitch to see what other people are doing. You click on a unassuming stream that has labels, you are not aware of this and you do not have some/all labels that they do, now you are technically in danger of breaking ToS since you are capable of accidentally showing content that could only be streamed under some labels.

I propose…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. With the new Sexual Content and Content Classification rules allowing a greater amount of erotic dances and photography, will there be a way to verify user ages and their consent? I suspect this will need to be revised and implemented, else you could have people coerced into doing erotic dances for subs.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Given the update posted today "Updating our Approach to Sexual Content and Content Classification Labels" I believe that this should allow for Second Life to be removed from the banned list.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Clips created from streams with Sexual Themes label should also be labled as Sexual Themes and NOT be recommended under other clips.

Thanks!

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. With Twitch's new sexual content policy changes I wanted to know how will this affect some streamers who aren't labeled as sexual content when they get raided by someone who shows artistic nudity?

There is a feature some streamers have where when they are raided by someone a bot automatically shows a random clip from that persons stream. (Although personally I think that feature is already a bad idea)

Will they get penalized if that random clip just happens to feature artistic nudity?

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. The following two sections of the Community Guidelines should be on the same page so streamers know when they must use the "Pools, Hot Tubs & Beaches" category:

Section #1

https://safety.twitch.tv/s/article/Community-Guidelines?language=en_US#22Attire

"- Standard guidelines

We don’t permit streamers to be fully or partially nude, including exposing genitals or buttocks. We do not permit the visible outline of genitals, even when covered. Broadcasting nude or partially nude minors is always prohibited, regardless of context.

For those who present as women, we ask that you cover your nipples. We do not permit exposed underbust. Cleavage is unrestricted as long as these coverage…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. the tldr;
    i would RATHER be able to select an option to actually ONLY see adult creators/communities on the homepage, only mature/18+ streams, and i don't want to have to click a verify thing every time i enter their chat.

how about, now hear me out, how about instead of "shadowbanning" (which is what twitch is doing preventing adult themed content from appearing on the homepage), just give users an option to opt in to see mature content within their account, so that it is only advertising adult creators to other opted-in adult creators/viewers. personally, i would rather even go…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?