Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Safety

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Safety

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. As both a streamer and a mod for many channels, I would love the ability to expand the filtering of "Users in Chat" beyond just searching by name.

I'd like to example filter by Account Age (to help find bot accounts or trolls), filter by length of time following a channel, filter by subscriber tier, etc.

This would be very very useful, especially when trying to find suspicious accounts, ban evaders, bots, etc, for larger channels that have endless lists of viewers.

Thanks!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Along the lines of the new restricted user function, a good tool for creators and channel moderators would be the ability to see users who have current bans in channels you may care about.

I.E. Similar to the autohost function, you could set a list of channels where you want to maintain similar moderation standards (this would be useful for communities such as NoPixel, content creator houses, and streamer friends, etc.). So Person A could put Friend B and Friend C's channels on their channel's automod list. Banned User 1, after being banned in Friend B and C's channels, decides…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Automod  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. when reporting harassment and threatening documents to twitch about what myself and 2 other people have been dealing with for months and now we are at the point where we cant really raid out because they follow our chat to other streamers and we have to explain the situation that it is easier just not to raid anyone else which is a bummer since we have seen some awesome people out there and want to share our community with them.
    we have submitted screen shots and videos to both you and SOT community and since then we have banned the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Report Tool and Flow  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. I have a friend who streams on this platform, she was wrongfully given a strike a few months ago and even though your team acknowledged that it was done in error the strike has still not been removed. She has now received a second strike for inappropriate attire even though she is always very careful to ensure she follows TOS so we are unsure of exactly what the violation was but she is now looking at a possible third strike and banning because she still has a wrongful strike on her account and we don't understand what the second strike…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Suspension Appeal Flow  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Ban people who send hate raids for longer or permanently. Hate raids are intentional and planned and are bad for the community. Hate raids against high profile streamers will always gain the person some support because the higher the profile person the more people there will be who also don't like them. Being soft on hate raiders will incentives harassment as an avenue to gain an audience and reward people for harassment as they will have popularity and attention for it when they return in 2 weeks time.
    If harassment is incentivised more people will do it and twitch community…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Community Guidelines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Currently with the new User monitoring system, when a user has been marked as restricted all further messages from the user are not logged anywhere. So a use case: A user has been marked as Restricted due to ban evasion and decides to come into a channel to be unruly and toxic, the messages are hidden from the rest of chat and a moderator can action accordingly eg ban. That said user comes back at a later period and requests an unban. There is no context other than the user is restricted. There is none of the users messages in…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Telling every community without a question on what terms and usages in their own communities are disallowed, aside from a few exceptions that can mean nothing but hateful things, is a little ridiculous. People come from different cultures and accept different things. Streamers should be able to create their own guidelines and 'accepted vocabulary' in their own community.

These guidelines would of course be required to be displayed fully on their about pages so people who would not be able to handle more 'lax' communities can avoid joining in such places. Something they of course have every right to do.…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Community Guidelines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. The problem behind unban requests is, that you only have one chance. It could be useful if a request gets denied, the person can request another unban like a year after the request got denied. Requesting an unban after a year would show that the user is still interested in participating in this chat.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Some users on twitch unfortunately harass and target minority groups that being members of lgbtqia+ and PoC. If users are repetitively banned in say like 20-30 lgbtqia+ or PoC (tagged as such, like mixed race, african American;etc.) streamers channels, their accounts should be suspended then possibly sitewide banned, if there is a repeat offense post suspension.

There should data that collates this info and action as a result based of this also.

Being a streamer who fits into both these categories sometimes it gets a bit much having to ban and then also report these users, half the time i…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Hello everyone, today I come to propose an idea of ​​a tool that will help when moderating a chat and communicating between the moderators of a chat.
    The idea consists of a command that when entering it in the chat, there will be another chat but hidden, similar to how / poll works. To which only the moderators and the streamer will have access, this would be very useful for communication between the moderators and in support of the new tools recently included in the platform, such as the "Suspicious User"
    This would allow any questions the moderators have to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Mods can flag a Suspicious user on chat, but the streamer can only see "Username flagged as Suspicious by Badiiin" for example.

it would be way more useful if the streamer could see the reason why I flagged the user. Writen by the moderator himself.

Example:

"Username flagged as Suspicious by Badiin, reason: Account created just a minute before the follow"

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. @SirKatelyn on Twitter has proposed this amazing idea to create a Mod Chat segment in the Mod View for easier moderator communication on mod actions or problematic users in chat, etc

Right now, most mod teams and broadcasters use Discord for this. It would make matters much easier to have a dedicated built in mod chat just for the modding matters, similar to how Mod Comments have been added to the user cards last year.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mod View  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. I recently was follow botted again. A pretty recent update to twitch security added the option of only allowing verified accounts to type in chat. I believe we need an option that goes a step further to prevent follow bots entirely. The option is simple. Please give the streamer the option of requiring a verified phone number to follow their stream. That would remove any chance of someone follow botting because they will not have hundreds of verified accounts. And if they did they could be easily identified and dealt with.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Protect viewers from being harassed after leaving a community.

There have been quite a few times, one I know of personally, where a streamer has asked their community to spy on a former community member and screenshot any conversation mentioning the streamer so the streamer could "control" the situation. The streamer then sent their community members into streams the former community member was a part of to spy on them and report back anything said. This is possibly still happening and the person who was being followed has appealed to Twitch, reporting the person involved, multiple times only for nothing…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. @everyone tag in chat From the moderator rank!

Chatters from moderator rank can make @everyone in chat to share important messages so that everyone sees it and gets tagged.

very simple and easy.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Upfront: Please open a User-Voice section dedicated to the Mod-View - Why does the Creator Dashboard have one and the Mod-View not?

1. In the user view (clicking on a user in mod-view or when reviewing an unban request), seeing when a user was timeouted or banned is so useless without seeing the message the ban was for. Please just show the last 5 messages they had before the ban and put a link to the chat-thread where I can look at more. I don't want to scroll 900 messages to see what an old ban was for. This should be…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mod View  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Recently I've had somebody who I feel uncomfortable watching my streams continually watching them despite my desperate pleas for him to stop. I've banned him and blocked him but nothing works. Instead of allowing the blocked person to see that your live it shows up with just your normal twitch channel without the ability to see the streamer is live or watch their streams.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Enforcement Types  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. The current value for timeouts is 600 seconds. It would be helpful if this number could be adjusted in moderation setting. When the Timeout button is clicked in chat, the user would be on timeout for the adjusted amount of time. Example: In Moderator Settings, change 600 seconds to ten seconds. When the Timeout button is used on a person in chat, they will be on timeout for ten seconds.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. please allow streamers to turn off the host option.
    we can block raids, but we cannot stop channels from hosting us, which is now being exploited and bad actors (some evading bans) are now hosting accounts with a malicious intent.,

in addition to this
    i would also like to have the option to ONLY ENABLE HOSTS/ AND RAIDS FROM USERS WHO HAVE PHONE NUMBERS VERIFICATION added to their accounts

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 28 29
  • Don't see your idea?