Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Safety

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Safety

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Surely you guys have seen what has recently happened with the "ASMR Category" with two big streamers. Now I will say good job on banning them. But I think those bans should uphold and remain permanent to further back up the message that states. "That type of content is not allowed on twitch"

It's too suggestive the line was pushed too far.

Unless you guys want to make an 18+ category or a whole new site altogether adhering to that. Either way some sort of enforcement needs to be put into place. With a CLEAR understanding of what is /…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Enforcement Types  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. indiefoxx at 7:50 PM Eastern time. Do you allow for a female to do basically anything they want without repercussions or just outright moderation because you are afraid of the hyper vocal , obnoxious minority of twitter users who inexplicably have the power to dictate companies policy's? Or is there some other reason?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Enforcement Types  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. What I mean by that? Multiple times my messages got caught by Automod without making any sense! There were no offensive words, no spoilers, nothing that would NEED Automod to act. And by the time a moderator MANUALLY approved the message, it broke the context of the chat. BADLY.

So here's how: if someone sends a message hat gets automodded, have it be hidden in a manner similar to deleted messages, but also allowing people to (at their own risk) clicking to see the message until a mod approves it. And once the mod approves, the message is shown as…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Automod  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Here's a catch of the Followers-Only mode that is bad: A spambot can follow anyone at any time and never talk anything. By the point someone turns on Followers-Only mode the bot has followed long enough to be allowed to taint the chat with spam.

And here's the solution:
    Authy Badge: this would be a better "Verified Badge" than the Verified Badge, because it would confirm that the person activated 2FA, which typically involves having a phone, which typically means bots have a harder time verified themselves as a legitimate user and the Verified Badge is nothing more than "this…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. The problem: Blocking someone does two things:
    1. Makes them unable to interact with you in a poor manner (their messages won't show to you)
    2. Makes it so they CAN'T follow you and will be forced to unfollow (which doesn't make sense and you'll see why)

Now, how to fix it so it isn't garbage:
    1. Make it so permanent ban forces the person to unfollow instead and prevents them from joining hosts or raids that goes to whoever banned them.
    2. Instead of hiding chat messages from a blocked person, take the Discord approach (add a "this message…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Currently it just displays no profile picture or name and none of the chat history is available. The only thing that shows is the reason put in the unban request.

Twitch should just auto deny the unban requests or remove them front he queue.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Allowing users to Block certain creators from appearing on their page so that users don't have to continue watching known pedophiles, abusers, etc. show up repeatedly on main page and recommendations. Too many accused abusers and bigots run rampant and unchecked on this platform, and allowing users to personally block these users can at least begin to offer some sort of censorship from them that Twitch itself won't do because they continue to make the platform money or their accusations are argued or whatever excuse is used to keep them on the platform.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Report Tool and Flow  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Twitch has very clear policies in regards to what is prohibited.

But lately, it seems that no action is taken when any streamer harasses anyone.
    It has gotten to the point that there's actual news in the media about different harassment cases on Twitch and where Twitch seems to ignore it.

In my own case, I have provided a link to the VOD where I am clearly doxed and personally identifiable information is released, I have provided screenshots of whispers from the streamer sent to others urging them to ban me and discussing how they are targeting me, and of…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. When a user is banned from a channel, in addition to being unable to engage with chat, they are shown nothing but Twitch ads in that channel.

This would prevent abuse via sharing or clipping moments to use as harassment on other platforms, dissuade them from staying in the channel at all, and deliver additional revenue to the streamer and Twitch.

Similar to blocking users on other platforms, they would see nothing at all. Leveraging "ads are a necessary evil" for good means that at least a streamer might be compensated via ad revenue for having to manage and deal…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Anyone know how to get Twitch to actually respond to tickets and help users? I've been getting doxxed and followed around Twitch for about 5 months now.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. A feature that I believe that mods should have is a emergency call button. When used it sends the streamers information to 911 dispatch. And allow mods to communicate with dispatch operators to let them know whats happening. When the button is used it also cuts off stream from anyone who isnt a Moderator. This way a Twitch streamer doesnt have to worry about giving out any personal information and can still rely on thier mods to contact help if something were to happen.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. With the Creator dashboard having mutiple Layouts I would like to see the Mod view also have mutiple viewsLayouts. I mod for three or four channels and each one is different which panels I use. Some channel use automod other dont. Some are not affilate so there no point have the prediction window open.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Certain channel-specific actions and stats are shown in Stream Manager and not Mod View which could be helpful to consolidate down to one location. Adding the option to see a live Viewer Count and Follower Count for instance such as in Stream Manager mode or having channel Quick Actions be brought over to Mod View for editors could save a lot of frustration when switching between the tabs to run ad breaks or organize raids at the end of stream.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I think that mod view should be added to mobile but like simplified.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I would like to suggest that viewers be given the ability to ban themselves from channels/streamers/streams that they know are not good for their mental wellbeing, but which they cannot stop themselves from watching if it is available to them.

Similarly to how betting sites allow you to set limits on yourself, to help keep yourself in check, I would like to see users given the power to block themselves from a channel that they cannot resist typically, be it because they cannot control their financial actions, such as donations, or because they feel the channel or streamer in question…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. When "/user" lookup we can have Messages, Timeouts, Bans, Mod Comments,

It would be helpful to see the other places that potential chatter has been banned in other places to warn the other mods of a potential risk.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. the option to "/marker [notes]" is only for editors, however sometimes the Mods would like to just drop a marker for the streamer or for the editors to go back to as a good point of ref for them.

For an example; "Start highlight here, end here"

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Just like you created the new Category, "Pools, Hot tubs, and Beaches" because of the excessive demand, you also NEED to create a "Troll Jail" for all viewers who abuse, harass, or 'troll' your Twitch Streamers!
    The number of Trolls have become quite excessive, and simply 'banning' an abusive viewer from a single streamer, ONE, that banned viewer can still see and hear the streamer, TWO, that viewer can jump into another streamer, and continue his\her harassment!
    You need to create an algorithm that bans that viewer COMPLETELY FROM TWITCH! Perhaps create, along with your current "banned flag", a count…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Im seeing sometimes in my chat being lurking accounts with like over 10k or 20k followers (no its not from Twitch accounts its really person who streaming), and nothing happen all time, so i think Twitch need to authentication all accounts on Twitch, because some accounts have bots on "their" channel

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Its quite easy, just make new accounts cant give follow. This would help
    It's like, im being harassed constantly by trolls that make fake accounts with very offensive names and they give me follow. so the alert plops and here we go again.

Like the " Followers " only option in the chat config by 1 week, 1 month, or ETC
    i would find this option very useful. and maybe this will discourage trolling and fake account creation

Also, pretty please... i cant whitstand anymore. those trolls are buying follow-bots... last day were about 6000... im very worried

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 20 21
  • Don't see your idea?