Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Safety

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Safety

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1165 results found

1. 我想知道我該如何有效的向Twitch反應這些機器人,機器人的數量多到檢舉、封禁困難,我無法即時且有效地阻止他們,想請問這樣我是不是有被官方封禁的疑慮?也想知道如何能有效地清理這些機器人。

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. The streamer I moderate the chat for is a nice guy who is always in a good mood

Sometimes we are visited by people who are full of hate and insult the streamer because of his appearance. He is tall and maybe has 2-3 kg too much on his hips for various reasons.

I have already made one or two attempts and forwarded these people to Twitch via the "report" form. Unfortunately, despite attaching screenshots and/or copying the chat messages, I get the answer "That no misconduct could be detected"

Calling someone a "fat toddler" or "fat pig" should not…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. A lot of streamers with whispers enabled have been harassed by someone via them. I know you can block whispers from strangers, but there are various beneficial reasons we may want to keep them enabled. Even just checking the whisper tab shows you the last message someone sent, and a lot of the times we really don't want to see that (for so many reasons I don't have to go into - discrimination, harassment, sexual content, hostility, etc).

I would like to propose easy moderation options for whispers, specifically message filtering.
    I would love something similar to Chat AutoMod settings…

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. The Account icon dropdown menu link for the Safety Center goes to appeals.twitch.tv instead of the Safety Center. I found my way here through the sidebar link in the Creator Dashboard.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Dear Twitch,

The simplest idea to solve all bots of the category (Follow, View) forever and help Twitch to become the first platform of transparency and credibility in 4 steps:

• Change your statistical analysis on the platform. For example, “only verify all” accounts are counted and displayed as “View/Viewer”, “Follower” and for other statistics. Nobody gets any more information about how many people are watching the stream. You only see a “real number” of followers and current viewers.
    • All verified users (via ID card/Passport or something similar) have access to one account, not several. (Except for partners/affiliates who each have…
    2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bots  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I use half a dozen of websites with 2FA and I would use that for twitch too if I didn't have to reveal my phone number. Twitch is the only website that I know of which requires it and it is a huge STOP sign for me.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Require phone verification on accounts. There are too many bot accounts and no one get banned . They just spamming in chatbox or try to giving weird challenges to kids. That's enough! ' One phone number, one account! '

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Take action on streamers who show off their body intentionally on stream while the report says that there is not a violation, though it is fully intentsional from the streamer to show off their body such *** their *** or ****.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. im offline and i tried to raid myself and my mod in to a friends stream but instead of just raiding the 2 it was raiding 70 non persons so when it arrived at the external stream it says they where being raided by 70 please contact

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. There should no reason to give 7 day bans, especially if they have had a long history of offenses. There's a streamer this hour just banned for racism using the N word with the hard R. He's now on discord laughing at it says he'll be back in 7 days. Please fix this.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Dear twitch.tv

I must be one of your most loyal customers. Not only spend I over hundreds of EUR on subscriptions. I am one of your most loyal viewers.

I enjoy being part of my communities and being engage in many activities.
    Now some time no I get privacy concerns. Maybe my clever comments and constructive criticism caught the content creators attention. I'm flattered to get noticed by the streamers and their mods. Now that I got their attention in this highly competitive environment. Like always in a gaming environment. i notice that some people are being provocative with me.…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. When you have you Amazon Prime linked to Twitch, Clicking the Discover Luna box beside Twitch Icon/Following/Browse on Twitch website, it will redirect you to Amazons website. On Amazons website the first thing that will appear is your linked address if you are logged into Amazon on your browser, potentially doxing you. Recommend providing a popup window that tells you that you will be redirected to Amazon.ca/.com to prevent this happening to others would be appreciated to keep users/streamers private information safe in the event your a curious cat on stream clicking buttons. Having a single button hosted on twitches…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I use a playlist from YouTube that is provided by the creator of the music to be DMCA safe for streaming. Most of the time, I have no problems with the music. But I currently have sections on three of my videos that were muted with that music as part of it. When I look at the appeal, the track and artist names are incorrect. Please have a look at the algorithm and refine it so it stops silencing DMCA-safe music.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Currently you have one shot at it to set the right labels while you are live.

As soon as the live is over, you have no way of applying the correct labels to the archived broadcast, or any new highlights/clips created from that broadcast.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. While https://twitch.uservoice.com/forums/933812-safety/suggestions/45174628-default-font-is-causing-impersonation-problems exists, it is primarily for changing the font entirely. This suggestion is about enabling 'ss06' for Roobert instead. This allows the user to distinguish lowercase L and uppercase I much easier as the lowercase L would have a spur.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Giving our phone numbers to you has proven unsafe and I believe will be shown again to be unsafe again in the future with leaks or the potential to sell our personal information.

With that being said, I have noticed that we cannot even follow some channels without giving you such a personal piece of information.

I strongly ask for a better system that guarantees not only streamer's safety but also viewers, one where we do not have to give a piece of personal information we do not want to give you or we can't as in some cases phone…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I was just broadcasting a game and for some reason 100 bot accounts started following me. So I thought I'd report it before my account was closed due to misunderstandings. I'm not the one sending bots in my account.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Controversial yes - strip away the viewer count. Will prevent streamers cheating the system by buying viewers, will even the playing field. And those who don’t have a massive ego, won’t mind as will still see stats.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Have a filter, specific words are not allowed in the username. Or have it as someone makes a new account there username has to get approval first before allowing them on Twitch. Also send a warning to that individual after they are banned to cease and desist. This online harassment and bullying needs to be punished.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Banned users can't even watch the stream they're banned from, or chat. Blocking banned users from chatting makes sense, but you shouldn't stop people from watching content they enjoy. Simply watching a stream without interacting is in no way harmful to the streamer - and I don't see why bans have to stop viewers from being able to watch them.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?