Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Video Performance

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Video Performance

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

1. It's extremely annoying to have videos and streams that haven't been specifically selected to just start playing when accessing the site home page or visiting a channel.
    Add an EASY TO LOCATE toggle so these auto play options are PERMANENTY disabled.

I come here to watch what I CHOOSE to watch, and NOT what ever garbage you want to pollute my eyes and ears with.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Playback Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Az elmúlt időszakban használhatatlan a platform, akármilyen adatsebességgel is próbálok a platformon tartalmat fogyasztani, legyen az mobil vagy teljesen más szolgáltatótól származó optikán érkező vonal, az ádásokat csak 360p és az alatti minőségben alacsony késletetést kikapcsolva válok nézhetővé, de amúgy ahhoz is gratulálnék, hogy a probléma jelentéshez külön regisztrálni kell máshol.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Every time an ad loads, the site locks and I can't watch a stream. Every time I watch a stream at anything more than 480p, it pauses and buffers for no reason. This doesn't happen on any other platform that does livestreaming.

I frankly think it's ridiculous that my PC can run DOOM Eternal at 100+fps on max settings but I can't watch a livestream at full resolution without constantly missing out on what's going on because of buffering issues.

My Internet speed is more than adequate, and my hardware is well above what should be the minimum required. It…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. The vertical scrollbars on most pages don't extend to the edge of the window (Browser dev tools indicate a 2 pixel gap between scollbar and the edge). Which means that when the window is maximized, you can't just jam the cursor to the right of the screen and click to grab the scrollbar. You have to make effort to very carefully move the cursor into the extremely tiny 6 pixel wide scrollbar and then grab it.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Make it so the player doesn't keep crashing. After almost every crash, restarting the player will then rerun all of those useless ******* ads too. Stream may stay up for a minute or so to run the ad, then promptly crash once in the stream for less than 20 seconds only to repeat the process multiple times before it will finally run for an hour or two before crashing yet again.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Playback Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Vivo en una zona rural y las compañías restringen mi acceso a plataformas como la suya en las que soy usuario, mediante la limitación de datos por consumos que ellos consideran indebidos. Comprar juegos, ver series en Amazon prime, consumir Twitch, es para las compañías de mi país un uso indebido de la red. Sería importante su apoyo en nuestra relación con las operadoras, que entiendan la realidad del consumo de datos de un usuario medio que consume todos estos datos legalmente y muchas veces pagando por es contenido.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. таймер времени трансляции идёт в обратную сторону и показывает: 0:00:-69311

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. It is super annoying when the stream I watching stops after every 10 seconds on 1080p. I have to watch it on 720p. It is just twitch. No other site has this problem on internet speed I have, I even watch 4k videos on youtube.
    (From India)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. H265 is much better on the newer RX 6k AMD GPUs please add this and maybe a 10k bitrate for 1080p streams. 6-8k is just not enuf and H264 is outdated and looks bad on AMD GPUs.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Your video player spikes my cpu useage every few seconds while desktop is idle. I have an i5 9600k and that should be more than enough. Browsers already have a use hardware acceleration where available option. You could default yours to hw acc off if you wanted to, but please give us the option to be able to change this setting or let the browser setting switch it. Thank you.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Bug report:

Context: I'm fullscreen on MacOS Safari, on a Twitch stream.

The Bug: Periodically, the playback controls UI, including the progress bar, appear without any user interaction. They should stay invisible unless I move my mouse.

The cause: That chat window seems to instigate this issue. If I go out of fullscreen mode, and hide the chat view, and go back to fullscreen, the issue no longer occurs.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Affiliates need quality options as a staple.
    As a trade-off, Only partners can stream at 1080p

Limit affiliates to 720p30 this will lighten the load on the overall bandwidth needed, allow more people to watch when they live in poor speed zones, it will also add a nice little perk for partners.

As an affiliate, I just started and stoped the stream until I got the options..
    I would have been happy with 720p30

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. With as common as different aspect ratios are getting, it'd be nice if ratios other than 16:9 were supported by the player on the site. This would let the growing number of ultrawide screens have more utilization.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Playback Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. FIX The video download was cancelled. Please try again. (Error #1000) ERROR

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I think that a good function would be to set the quality of the stream watched on the Twitch.pl website, as is the solution on the Twitch application. A good idea would be an application for a lubricant.TV Samsung

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Restart the player fast and remember the chat history if a playback/stream crashes.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. When tabbing out, there is a "feature" to reduce resolution, but causes the stream to stutter, pause, and skip around when coming back to normal when the video is tabbed out, or in the background. Please allow us to turn off this "feature" tabbing out to do moderation, or check on something then missing something that happened, like an alert, or action in the game is a terrible "feature" when the stream tries to catch up.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. In you have the a streamers page open.

And the streamer goes live

The stream does not autostart

This is related to https://github.com/twitchdev/issues/issues/235

Possible related notes exist on BlueLava's desk

441 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Playback Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Currently Low Latency mode supports Chrome and Firefox on desktop, which are two of the top three most popular web browsers.

This idea is to propose expanding this capability to a wider array of browsers, namely beginning with Chromium based web browsers e.g. Brave, Microsoft Edge, Vivaldi etc. since these already have close compatibility with the existing Chrome framework. As well as additional large market share browsers such as Safari and Opera.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?