Video Performance

1. Make VOD's great again

VOD's need a drastic update! How do you expect that users upload videos if even the past broadcast function doesent work properly?

A couple feature that we are in desperate need of:

- General stability update
    - On the fly rewind
    - VOD search (Title) for viewers
    - VOD ratings systems (viewers can vote 1-5 stars)
    - Viewer VOD Ranking (depending on rating)
    - Skip muted parts (setting)
    - remove the commentary function
    - mobile download cache (look at VOD's offline)

621 votes
    Sign in Sign in with OpenID Connect
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

76 comments  ·  Playback Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make VOD's great again

VOD's need a drastic update! How do you expect that users upload videos if even the past broadcast function doesent work properly?

A couple feature that we are in desperate need of:

- General stability update
    - On the fly rewind
    - VOD search (Title) for viewers
    - VOD ratings systems (viewers can vote 1-5 stars)
    - Viewer VOD Ranking (depending on rating)
    - Skip muted parts (setting)
    - remove the commentary function
    - mobile download cache (look at VOD's offline)

32 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Playback Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Middle east/Pakistani Servers Required

Dear Sirs,

I am from Karachi, Pakistan and I am unable to stream properly on twitch as i get high latency on it so please launch Middle east /Pakistani servers for twitch. Due to the unavailability of these servers. I am either directed to Mumbai, Singapore or EU servers on which i get 140ms plus ping if there will be middle east servers. I will be getting around 10 to 40ms ping which would be perfectly fine for low latency streams.

As Pakistan is the 6th most populated country in the world and the increase in gamers/streamers in Pakistan is…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Fix the Muting AI

The AI that mutes copyrighted content far overextends what is actually copyrighted, for example an average song is 3 minutes long and from my personal experience the bot mutes around 7 minutes which is utterly rediculous. If there is some reason that this is happening at least add an option to automatically skip the muted sections of the VODs

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Make the quality selection incremental relative to streamer quality settings

The idea is to keep the selection screen for quality settings the same but change the values of that each quality setting means

For example on streamer A who streams at source quality of 720p 4000kbps bitrate
    Their quality settings would be as follows:
    High:1280x720 3300kbps
    Medium:1280x720 2700kbps
    low:1152x648 2000kbps
    Moblie:960x540 1000kbps

But for streamer B who streams at source quality of 1080p 6000kbps bitrate
    Their quality settings would be as follows:
    High:1280x720 5000kbps
    Medium:1280x720 3800kbps
    low:1152x648 2800kbps
    Moblie:960x540 1500kbps

This would solve the problem of the massive reduction of quality seen between a streamers source and high quality and…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Show muted audio timestamps in red in Highlights just like VODs and Uploads

as the title says, show the red over the time regions that are muted in a highlight from a muted vod, just like it does in the original vod as well as uploads that get sections muted.

Makes knowing why the audio in a highlight just stops a lot easier.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. UPLOAD in der twitch app

es wer schön wenn in der twitch app man seine videos einfach uploaden dann wie in der youtube app

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. "Chat on Videos" improvements

Couple of points of feedback with "Chat on Videos" rollout:
    TL:DR; Reading the live chat from a VoD has lost a lot of visual features compared to its prior implementation (which looked indistinguishable from watching a live broadcast's chat.

- Lost the coloured usernames of chat messages from the live chat, makes it hard to distinguish users and their messages from one another (this doesn't seem to effect messages left in the VoD)

- Cheers don't appear as the emotes any longer, only displaying as plain text.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Stream vodcasts unmuted, or provide better tools for dealing with muted vodcasts

I've been uploading old vods for the purpose of vodcasting on a channel I'm editor for for the last week, and long muted sections have been a recurring problem. It takes hours to upload and process a vod, just to find out that long sections are muted and there's nothing I can do about them at vodcast time.

Some suggestions
    1. When vods are vodcasted, play them unmuted (since they aren't archived anyway and are essentially canned live broadcasts)
    2. Allow a way to quickly remove muted sections from a vod
    3. Provide editors the ability to fast-forward through vods…

22 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Playback Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Agreed that the muting experience is not ideal right now. We will look into this, but lots of things to build and improve for Twitch VODs.

10. Better Collection Navigation

The collection navigation experience is currently rather poor on the player side. If I click on a collection, the first video starts playing, and the only way to navigate between videos in that collection is through the sidebar, which truncates long video names and disappears if I am not hovering. It's frustrating to not be able to just go to a list of the videos in the collection and pick videos to watch.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. your vodcasts should show as past prodcasts also

when you stream a vodcast it should show in the past broadcasts section

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Vodcast Audio Desync

I have been noticing audio desync issues approximately an hour through the vodcast. I have verified against my local video files and they do not have desync; I am not sure if this is happening during the "processing" phase of the upload.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Não consigo terminar o upload do meu vídeo

hoje dia 22 abril tentei fazer um upload de um vídeo meu , até consegui enviar o vídeo tudo mas depois disso só fica processando e não saí

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Minecraft

cool

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. shoutouy

i wanna try it out on my pc

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Video Performance

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base