Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Video Performance

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Video Performance

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

1. Like 2 years ago we used to have servers in Chile and Argentina and those used to work amazing, no frame drops, no buffering for my viewers, better streaming quality.
    Now I have been trying to stream for 2 years with the Brazil server, but the quality has decreased way too much, that it always drops a big amount of frames, and in many days it buffers for my viewers. Making it uncomfortable to watch and reducing the amount of viewers.

695 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

53 comments  ·  Servers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. It would be great if you guys could set an African, or South African, server up at some point in the not-too-distant future. I live in South Africa and have a really hard time streaming to any of the EU, let alone the NA or Asian ones. Currently YouTube has streaming servers here but it just isn't the same streaming to YouTube Gaming. The Twitch community is what makes it what it is and not being able to run a stable stream from here in South Africa turns so many would-be streamers away from potential bright futures on Twitch.tv. We…

581 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

103 comments  ·  Servers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Add Middle East servers 4Weird

50 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Servers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. At the moment, both the Twitch homepage and the actual streaming servers are only reachable over the old IPv4. As there already are providers which only connect their users with DualStack-Lite (this means, IPv6 native and IPv4 over a relatively slow tunnel protocol), it would be good for bandwith-expensive websites like twitch to be reachable over IPv6 - for both the homepage and the streaming servers.

42 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Servers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Improve servers over big streamings events.

This is just logical, but it is quite frustrating that the platform literally looks the other way. I'm talking here about Spain particularily. Whenever some of the biggest streamers make a special streaming, or an event, the rest of the platform falls. And I mean all of it. The rest of streamers won't even have enough bandwidth to stream themselves, which honestly is insulting given how much benefits the platform registers over time. Fortify your servers or die trying, because this happens now more than ever, the rate is increasing and you are disabling…

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Servers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Dear Sirs,

I am from Karachi, Pakistan and I am unable to stream properly on twitch as i get high latency on it so please launch Middle east /Pakistani servers for twitch. Due to the unavailability of these servers. I am either directed to Mumbai, Singapore or EU servers on which i get 140ms plus ping if there will be middle east servers. I will be getting around 10 to 40ms ping which would be perfectly fine for low latency streams.

As Pakistan is the 6th most populated country in the world and the increase in gamers/streamers in Pakistan is…

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Servers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Dear Sirs,

I am from Karachi, Pakistan and after the release of Bahrain Servers on AWS. It is requested to the Twitch team to release Bahrain CDNs for Twitch too so that the Middle Eastern countries can stream on low latency with better performance as the nearest servers for Middle eastern countries are Europe: UK, London and Asia: Singapore for Content Delivery.

There arent any servers in between, but as AWS has already established Bahrain servers 2 years ago, it is requested to you all to do the same so that new content creators from this region can rise up…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Servers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Hello. We used to have many different servers in the region that for some reason got deprecated one day with no announcement or reason as to why it happened. And now we only got servers available in Brasil and many of us can't stream to them because of bad routing (Chile or Peru work a lot better, for example) so if at least a new server could be added for Chile in the region it would allow many of us to have a stable connection and finally stream normally as we should be able to. Please, we really need some…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Servers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Dear Sirs,

I am from Karachi, Pakistan and after the release of Bahrain Servers on AWS. It is requested to the Twitch team to release Bahrain CDNs for Twitch too so that the Middle Eastern countries can stream on low latency with better performance as the nearest servers for Middle eastern countries are Europe: UK, London and Asia: Singapore for Content Delivery.

There arent any servers in between, but as AWS has already established Bahrain servers 2 years ago, it is requested to you all to do the same so that new content creators from this region can rise up…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Servers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Hi Twitch
    I want to demand the presence of Twitch servers in the Middle East in order to improve the quality of broadcasting in the Middle East because of the closest servers to us in France and Germany. We thank your efforts to develop the Twitch community.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Hi! We are in desperate need of more Ingest Servers in Brazil (and maybe South America). Specially decentralizing it from São Paulo and Rio de Janeiro since there are alot of people that are getting dropped frames from other states. We have a large community of both streamers and viewers and need those options, specially the partners that are having trouble streaming lately!

Thank you!

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. We want servers in africa and the middle east to solve broadcast problems and quality content.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Se hace casi imposible poder hacer stream en uruguay ultimamente, en todos los servers, brazil, argentina, chile... tenemos constantes caidas..
    It is almost impossible to be able to stream in Uruguay lately, on all servers, Brazil, Argentina, Chile... we have constant crashes.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I am streaming from Bangkok. Every day at 10pm Bangkok time I get very low bitrates for about 1 - 2 hours. Is there any problem with the server around that time?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. twitch should have india servers without them the live stream buffer and twitch should invite streamers so they can attract india's audience

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add more servers so more people can stream and stop prioritizing the larger streamers. How are smaller streamers supposed to grow if we cannot connect to the servers.
    I've been streaming nearly 3 years and never had a single issue until last year. I thought it was what I was using to stream, so I tried the twitch studio, and I'm still having issues. I have lowered my bitrate and frames. Still issues. Please add more servers.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Please add a server to the MiddleEast, because I have a very fast internet but still I can’t stream on a good or average streaming quality!!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Santiago and Buenos Aires servers are with low performance. not able to reach 6000kbps. Tested with several ISP and none hits 6k and red light are on while streamin. This came like a week ago. Before that everything worked fine, i think you're limiting speed. The are working worst than brazilian servers that are miles and miles away, While Santiago server is like 80 miles away works awful

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. So, on desktop, when you click cogwheel -> "Advanced" -> "Video stats" - you will see advanced stats, such as the estimated latency, the number of skipped frames, the FPS, and so on.

Would be good to see the server the broadcaster is uploading to, and the server you are downloading from - would greatly help with reporting and/or solving connection issues. And since it'd be under "Advanced", the average user wouldn't see that, so it wouldn't generate a lot of complaints.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?