Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Video Performance

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Video Performance

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

1. VOD's need a drastic update! How do you expect that users upload videos if even the past broadcast function doesent work properly?

A couple feature that we are in desperate need of:

• General stability update
    • On the fly rewind
    • VOD search (Title) for viewers
    • VOD ratings systems (viewers can vote 1-5 stars)
    • Viewer VOD Ranking (depending on rating)
    • Skip muted parts (setting)
    • remove the commentary function
    • mobile download cache (look at VOD's offline)
    712 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

78 comments  ·  Playback Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 472 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

142 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Audio only option for pc. I know that they have this option on the twitch app, and i would want to see this on pc as well. Sometimes 1080p 60fps and 720p 60fps streams (without quality options) can result in high temps for laptops. Not to mention that this benefits people who want to hear the stream in the background without having to load the video portion of the stream.

301 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

34 comments  ·  Playback Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. First of all, forgive my mistakes in English is not my native language. I made this in two languages to make more people able to vote for this.

/////////////////////////////////////////

Primero de todo, disculpar mis errores en inglés, no es mi lenguaje nativo. He hecho esto en dos idiomas para poder conseguir que más gente que vote esta iniciativa. La petición en español se encuentra debajo de la explicación en inglés.

EXPLANATION IN ENGLISH.

Dear staff of Twitch.tv,

it’s been a little time for me doing live broadcasts and I would like to address an issue that I been thinking closely…

105 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Playback Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. I understand people can't watch HQ streams because they have low internet speed but it's not fair for those who can.Games have a lot of foliage which makes the game look very bad.

98 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. It would be great if you guys could set an African, or South African, server up at some point in the not-too-distant future. I live in South Africa and have a really hard time streaming to any of the EU, let alone the NA or Asian ones. Currently YouTube has streaming servers here but it just isn't the same streaming to YouTube Gaming. The Twitch community is what makes it what it is and not being able to run a stable stream from here in South Africa turns so many would-be streamers away from potential bright futures on Twitch.tv. We…

90 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. How it currently works is that the broadcaster outputs their audio with the single channel for the viewer to listen to, but as an opt-in feature the broascaster could output two or more audio channels, an example being one for microphone, one for game sounds, and maybe even one for music if the broadcaster plays music.

To enable said tweeking it would be located under the advanced features to enable 'Split-Audio Channels', and therefore would allow the user to - rather than mute - click the speaker icon to allow the list of audio channels that the broadcaster is using.

81 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Playback Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Destroy this lags every 10 secs

67 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. https://www.twitch.tv/zfg1 frequently has an error where everyone watching on desktop/web has to manually refresh the stream. He says he is running the latest version of OBS, and his chat says this happens to his stream more frequently than others (about once per 20/30 minutes).

58 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Just for studying or doing something more we need audio mode in web or an extension in google chrome just to hear audio.

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. I've been uploading old vods for the purpose of vodcasting on a channel I'm editor for for the last week, and long muted sections have been a recurring problem. It takes hours to upload and process a vod, just to find out that long sections are muted and there's nothing I can do about them at vodcast time.

Some suggestions
    1. When vods are vodcasted, play them unmuted (since they aren't archived anyway and are essentially canned live broadcasts)
    2. Allow a way to quickly remove muted sections from a vod
    3. Provide editors the ability to fast-forward through vods…

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Playback Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Planned  ·  Kevin Pan responded

Agreed that the muting experience is not ideal right now. We will look into this, but lots of things to build and improve for Twitch VODs.

12. all is in the title. ad quality should be the same as the stream quality.

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add Middle East servers 4Weird

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Playback Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. I have a lot of my community who can't watch me if I stream in 1080p and I would like to stream in 1080p but I can't do that at the risk of losing viewers so can we get more transparent information on when Affiliates will get lower video quality options so every one can enjoy the stream.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. As the streaming industry embraces new technology, alongside increased internet speed standards, I would love for Twitch to adopt full transcoding for all active streamers as well as an increase in the bitrate cap to 10k.

The current issue with the 6k bitrate cap for non-partners is inherently-lowered viewer experience. Viewers are consistently looking for superior quality streams as the first impression of long-term engagement and retention, which the current 6k bitrate cap severely inhibits due to automatic pixelation for high-movement games such as FPS. Since partners have the automatic 8-8.5k bitrate cap increase, this gives partnered content creators an…

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Switch to IPV6, there are a lot of Streamer who have a lot of Trouble since some ISP are switching to IPV6 and DS-lite, so you have a lot of trouble with Paketloss through the IPV6->IPV4 Tunnel.
    Guys its 2020 time to chance to the much better IPV6, many User would love the possibillity to enter your Server via IPV6.
    you will get much batter latency, quality, and Streaming Performance.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. The 5 seconds skip button doesn't work since maybe one week

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 1080p 30fps instead of just 1080p 60fps (Source) will be great for people with limited internet connection, you can experience quality of video similar to source but at HALF THE BANDWIDTH.

Right now there is option for 720p, 720p60, 1080p60 (Source)
    Just add an option like 720p, 720p60, 1080p, 1080p60 (Source)

I have watched people who actually stream at 1080p30 it is a better experience than 720p60.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Playback Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Dear Sirs,

I am from Karachi, Pakistan and I am unable to stream properly on twitch as i get high latency on it so please launch Middle east /Pakistani servers for twitch. Due to the unavailability of these servers. I am either directed to Mumbai, Singapore or EU servers on which i get 140ms plus ping if there will be middle east servers. I will be getting around 10 to 40ms ping which would be perfectly fine for low latency streams.

As Pakistan is the 6th most populated country in the world and the increase in gamers/streamers in Pakistan is…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Hi Twitch!

I'm certain y'all know about this problem already, but I wanted to tack on some details in case it might help along with solutioning.

Since COVID-19, DJs all flocked to streaming, many of them on Twitch. Low Latency Mode is creating jarring pitch bends that most DJs nor their listeners know about. Savvy listeners think the DJ is just doing a bad job. Even non-savvy listeners can tell something's not right. But DJ's have no idea that this is happening; even if they enable past broadcasts, their VOD won't have this problem. When listeners point this problem out,…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Playback Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8
  • Don't see your idea?