Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Video Performance

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Video Performance

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

183 results found

1. With as common as different aspect ratios are getting, it'd be nice if ratios other than 16:9 were supported by the player on the site. This would let the growing number of ultrawide screens have more utilization.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Twitch video seems to be decoding on my 3D cores and video decode consecutively. AMD Radeon VII. This is a problem beginning in the middle part of this year 2020. While playing Scar Citizen load seems to begin shifting between the 3D cores and video decode. Video decode should never touch my 3D cores or I should have an option in my settings to set stream decoding to "Video decode only!" Performance was perfect before now streams are prone to studders and freezing when my GPU is under heavy load.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. This is music stream focused
    So RTMP can comfortably handle 4 channels of audio @256. Allow creators to send 4 channels with the content on 1&2 and VO on 3&4. Have 2x mute buttons and use an automix to dip 1&2 while creator is talking. Obviously creators would have to opt in but it would increase their passive listeners and help your platform

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. this would allow video quality options to spread out more evenly rather than just the 5 100K streamers. i would prefer either, but if 720p was reserved as the middle man for anything above 1080p that'd be great thanks!

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. My internet is not that bad, but it spikes alot, so i tend to watch on medium to high. But with this autosetting, when i dont have spikes for 15 seconds it gives Source quality and instantly after fist spikes it goes into buffer and sometimes it even loads ad after buffering

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. can you at least give small creators who don't have an affiliation to have an option for their viewers to choose which quality they want to watch, and at least provide us with an 8000-bit rate to 12000-bit rate this is because when we clip our own stream to provide more awareness, the video quality is really bad. So I hope someday it would change the system in the future.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. If I replay a VOD and want to pause it and watch something on another tab, even though I paused it, if I click to another browser tab, the VOD resumes within a few seconds. And so I have to click back to the VOD tab to pause it. And I can only do anything else if I close the twitch page, otherwise the VOD starts, which I would pause if I could.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I live in Saudi Arabia and there is no server near us

All Gulf countries suffer from the same problem, and our audience is very strong, and we have all the required capabilities and qualifications, but unfortunately, to this day, we suffer from the problem that we do not have any servers in Dubai, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, etc.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Servers  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. If a small streamer reaches 3 of the 4 "Path To Affiliate" Achievements/Requirements that should make all the Video Quality options (240p,360p,480p,720p) etc be available the next time the streamer goes live. That way if the streamer is putting in the time, work, effort to grow, they have a better chance of gaining followers that will lead them to Partner status. At this rate all starting smaller streamers and streamers that haven't yet reached Partner are forced to mulitstream just so we have viewable options for viewers on low bandwidth internet and 4G / 5G connections. I feel like "Path…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. When a vod has a muted section, the video often stops when changing between muted and unmuted sections. The video timer keeps running, but the audio/video is fozen. (firefox/windows)

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Here's an idea, get your **** to work properly, and provide customer support for when your worthless dogshit doesn't work. This error 2000 ******** has clearly been a TWITCH PROBLEM FOR YEARS, while you do nothing about it and can't even be bothered to provide even the most basic customer support to solve the issue. I have no further use for twitch, since it doesn't work and twitch staff can't be bothered to do anything about it.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Please actually update the android and iOS streaming to chromecast/device options. I'm watching a chill stream and its literally 240/360p for most of the time im sending to device even if they're standing completely still while grabbing a drink, its absolutely embarrassing a company of your size and supposed coding expertise can't figure out how to make "supported apps" run at a half decent resolution.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. So, on desktop, when you click cogwheel -> "Advanced" -> "Video stats" - you will see advanced stats, such as the estimated latency, the number of skipped frames, the FPS, and so on.

Would be good to see the server the broadcaster is uploading to, and the server you are downloading from - would greatly help with reporting and/or solving connection issues. And since it'd be under "Advanced", the average user wouldn't see that, so it wouldn't generate a lot of complaints.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Servers  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I've noticed that Twitch seems to have a major garbage collection problem. I use Firefox (97.0.1 currently).

Granted, I currently have 5 streams open with 4 of them tiled on my TV, however, the memory usage can be seen in excess of 10 GB.

When I do manual garbage collection via about:memory?verbose, it can drop back down to about 2-3 GB total usage on the main process with 5 streams open.

This sort of memory bloat only happens when I use Twitch. Firefox reports that the memory is under control (less than 1 GB total) in about:performance, but…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. The vertical scrollbars on most pages don't extend to the edge of the window (Browser dev tools indicate a 2 pixel gap between scollbar and the edge). Which means that when the window is maximized, you can't just jam the cursor to the right of the screen and click to grab the scrollbar. You have to make effort to very carefully move the cursor into the extremely tiny 6 pixel wide scrollbar and then grab it.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I have found a concrete solution to the lag that causes many streamers the issue of the stream lagging when a stream is occurring and have written a small solution paper to address the solution.

Twitch Stream Lagging Solution

If you a gamer many people are engaged in streaming on one of the platforms
    for gaming such as twitch. The focus of this article is to hopefully provide an

insight into an issue which many people find after they’ve been streaming for
    a bit. Consider this, you finally got your status as paid in twitch and you’re

starting to get…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. A stream does not require 60FPS playback. Ever. It's a complete waste of bandwidth and should not even be an option. For people like me that have slower internet it makes it impossible to watch a lot of streamers. Many streamers don't even realize that they're streaming at 60 FPS and how it literally DOUBLES the bandwidth requirements but does not give any benefit to the quality of the stream. I wish Twitch would make the default 720p 30 FPS and allow some users to increase to 1080p 30FPS once they reach partner or something. Not only would this decrease…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Since I only stream for 4 hours a week, I'll never see Partner in my future. However as an affiliate, we are not always guaranteed a transcodeable stream. I know I have viewers that can not even handle the 720P stream I'm pushing, but I don't want to bump my overall stream setting down for 2-3 viewers, leaving the other 100 with a lesser experience. Since I'm not in this for monetizing, I would welcome the ability to "purchase" the ability to transcode my streams with guaranteed ability like Partners have.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I find myself becoming ineffective as a Mod when my buffer slips to 20 and 30 seconds long. Any time the stream from the channels I mod gets laggy I find myself seriously behind Real Time. While reloading the page can help with this, every time I do I miss large chunks of stream time, possibly missing relevant contextual information for knowing when to Allow or Override the AutoMod. (When AutoMod catches the message "Oh look, its Captain D i c k!" it's relevant for me to quickly know that a man named D i c k was just introduced…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Sometimes I find myself in a place or location where my internet connection isn't great, I'm sure I'm not alone and it doesn't make sense that you can't reduce the resolution. Why is this even a restriction? I want to support and enjoy certain smaller streamers and find myself not being able to for this reason

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?