Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Video Performance

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Video Performance

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

162 results found

1. Disable video and only listen like mobile works

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. For many people like me, when you have a bad internet connection and have Twitch on auto quality, it tends to jump to the highest resolution whenever you get more download speed, making the stream buffer when it goes back down. If there was a way to limit the quality to 480p instead of 720p while still being on auto quality and switching between resolutions, it'd not buffer.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Transcodes / Bitrate  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. A way to reset or reset the video when it freezes without refreshing the whole page and losing the chat. This is especially important to moderators who might have to keep an eye on the chat but also need to refresh a frozen twitch video. Frankerfacez had a feature but it is lost with the new highwind player.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Playback Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. About a week ago all the videos look like crap quality as if it was in 144p and no matter if I choose a better quality it still stays bad! Please help cause' this is the only place I watch Smite and can't see it correctly.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. currently the bitrate limit is 6k which isnt enough for 1440p streams
    while on youtube they allow streams at higher bitrates at 1440p

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add a streamer configurable delay from when stream is ended in software until stream ends on the website. It is already possible in some way as disconnection protection exsits but it would allow streamers to change ingest servers while they're live if one is currently experiencing issues.

Essentially just expand disconnection protection to all scenarios. If Twitch detects no feed, give us time to come back even if it is a delieberate disconnection. You can currently get lucky and see the NotLikeThis error screen when you disconnect normally and switch ingests but I'd like to see it be controlled.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Servers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Adding transcoding options for streamers, departed by tiers as in

Tier 1 Non-affiliated, affiliated but non-partnered, transcoding up to 720p h.264

Tier 2 Affiliated transcoding up 1080p h.264

Tier 3 Partnered transcoding up ton 1440p with higher scaled upload bandwith, utilizing h.265 or HVEC

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. For a lot of non-gaming content the doubling of bandwidth/vod size just isnt necessary, its the most economical way to stream or save broadcasts in a still acceptable quality. Removing it as an option while keeping 360 and 480 doesnt make sense (166 at least serves a purpose as a quasi-audio only option)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Your video player spikes my cpu useage every few seconds while desktop is idle. I have an i5 9600k and that should be more than enough. Browsers already have a use hardware acceleration where available option. You could default yours to hw acc off if you wanted to, but please give us the option to be able to change this setting or let the browser setting switch it. Thank you.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Give viewers an option to change what resolution they watch a stream on EVERY channel, someone that is forced to watch a stream at 1080p but keeps buffering will go watch a channel that allows them to watch the stream at lower resolutions,(Which only partners channels can) bigger streamers will grow but smaller streamers lose viewership and will grow at a slower rate

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Transcodes / Bitrate  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Make it possible for non-affiliates/partners to provide for their viewers the option to change video quality. Small streamers have to stream at 720p at least to be attractive to new viewers, but not all viewers can run the stream at such level and it gets laggy. This is a serious hindrance for anyone trying to make it on the Twitch platform.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I think it's stupid to not give everybody the possibility to choose which video quality have to watch his/her favourite streamer.
    Best regards,
    Tibermlg

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Bonjour,

Je suis un petit streamer et une question revient en boucle de la part de ma communauté, pourquoi je ne peut pas changer la qualité de ton stream ?

Certaines personnes, malheureusement, non pas accès au haut débit et sont bloquées sur du 1080p et ne peuvent donc pas regardé mon stream car la qualité est trop forte.

Ceci représente une difficulté supplémentaire pour la visibilité des petits streamers.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Twitch has been a great stream platform to use, but lately on Windows 10, that has not been the case. Every video I try to stream, it causes each game to run poorly. What's so strange, is that once I'm no longer streaming, the game runs smoothly.

Then, if I'm not playing the game, then my Twitch has great quality.

Is anyone else experiencing such issues? It wasn't always like this, I streamed a lot a some weeks ago, and everything seemed fine.

I hope that there is a resolve for this. I try to submit bug reports, and it…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. When I download a highlighted clip, the video quality is soooooooooo bad. It would be nice to either present us with a few quality options before downloading (Low/Med/High) or just always "prepare" and download a High quality version of the video. In my opinion 9 times out of 10 we're downloading these to perform further edits on them, and it would be great to do so using a high quality source, with the least amount of compression possible.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. it would be novel if my stream for AC Valhalla that had 4 viewers as a start had enough bitrate that they didn't run for the hills because it was un viewable!!! This is not an isolated issue for smaller streamers either!!! No its not my internet I have Fiber so I have plenty of headroom on network since I alone use it. Fix it twitch small streamers deserve a fair shake!!!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. We need streams in 4K60

Necesitamos streams en 4K60

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. After a network disruption from another bandwidth-intensive application,(s) please allow the error #2000 message to retain the video's progress via cookie when logged-out.

I have concerns about open sessions of my accounts on multiple domains where my active sessions are not displayed and able to be manually closed. (Google, Twitter, Instagram, and Microsoft all display active session history)

Thank you for your consideration.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Would be nice to have for mobile app users, because 160p is too bad and 240p is still good for data saving, also phone screens are usually small, so high quality is not necessary and 240p seems just right on such small screens while still saving data.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?