Video Performance

1. Allowing ad's to stream in lower quality

Already have to watch steams in low quality due to slow internet. When ad's play they try to play in HD but they constantly have to stop to load taking way longer to play than they should. There should be an option to change the quality of the ad like there is for the stream, or it could be automatic based on internet access for what quality it plays like the "auto" feature on youtube videos

6 votes
    Sign in Sign in with OpenID Connect
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Give smaller streamers quality options

I understand it takes more resources but since amazon bought twitch they should be able to upgrade and give some lower end streamers quality options. These streamers can't get the majority of people to watch because they don't have the best internet and it just buffers constantly.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Allow choice of server to watch from i.e: SYD, SJC, LAX

I keep getting connected to servers that are several thousand KM away from me over in Australia, let us choose to connect to the right server. Connecting to SJC and LAX makes no sense and results in Twitch streams being rendered unviewable.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. The video keeps on buffering!

It can't be my internet if the same stream works just fine on YouTube! The difference is, YouTube's chat is disabled, and YouTube stream is slightly behind Twitch chat, so the chat is always telling me what I'm about to see before I see it, and that's annoying! Could be fixed if Twitch wasn't a pile of crap!
    I changed the quality to MOBILE by the way. I can't see a thing and it keeps on buffering, STILL!

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Investigate and solve video + audio stuttering when playing on a secondary monitor running at a different refresh rate to the primary one

Playing some 60fps streams on second monitor (running at 60hz) causes the playback to stutter, both audio and video. Plays fine on primary monitor running at 144hz.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. STOP taking away the Quality Options

I noticed you have this absurd tendency of giving quality options for someone in a moment and taking it away in the next, it makes watching ANYONE who streams at 60 FPS a huge pain in the behind!

So, here's my proposal: either give it and DO NOT TAKE IT AWAY UNLESS THEY GO INACTIVE FOR A WEEK, or do not give it at all BUT make sure their bitrate ain't above 3mbps AND frame rate is 30

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. authorization retry while in progress

I have problem with twitch on Tuesday (07.02.2017), still buffering and alert ,,authorization retry while in progress". Earlier all be ok.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. the Deadrising ad is way too loud you really need better quality control over ads that come in like this

Really there have been a few like this dead rising ad where no matter where your volume is set its blasting and not controllable these ads need to be reviewed better or at least Q&A'd espically when reported as being too loud Etc .

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Twitch Video Kalite Seçeneği

Twitch iştirak programındayım, 720p yayın veriyorum ancak bazı günler yayın açtığımda video kalite seçeneği varken bazı günler yayına geçtiğimde video kalite seçeneği olmuyor. bu gerçekten can sıkıcı hale geldi. nedir problem acaba ?

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Twitch buffering every 20 secs but adverts play perfectly 1080px every few minutes

Adverts play perfectly in HD infuriatingly often during the stuttering 160px playback but videos are unwatchable because of buffering and lag issues - why not put the Twitch content on the same servers as the adverts then none of us would have such appalling playback.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Advertisements on some streams loop

Ads loop, often 5+ times (especially on /cristianes2), appear almost immediately after starting the stream. Also if the stream is manually paused at some point (even if not during an ad), unpausing too often results in an ad within a minute or two.
    There are other streams on which I get no ads.
    (Also the same ad should never been played twice in succession, surely, as it just encourages people to be angry at the advertiser)

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Make it actually possible to turn off the HTML5 player

I have no sound in the HTML5 player. "No problem I thought, "I'll just disable it." I can click the switch, it directs me through the 'Why do you want to disable this' dialogue, reloads the page and starts the video, with HTML5 activated obviously. So now, I can just not use Twitch. Which, frankly, sucks!

(On a side note: Maybe it's possible for this page to not delete everything you wrote on logging in)

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Twitch VODS have been stuttering so much lately.

Twitch VODS have been stuttering so much lately.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Make the quality selection incremental relative to streamer quality settings

The idea is to keep the selection screen for quality settings the same but change the values of that each quality setting means

For example on streamer A who streams at source quality of 720p 4000kbps bitrate
    Their quality settings would be as follows:
    High:1280x720 3300kbps
    Medium:1280x720 2700kbps
    low:1152x648 2000kbps
    Moblie:960x540 1000kbps

But for streamer B who streams at source quality of 1080p 6000kbps bitrate
    Their quality settings would be as follows:
    High:1280x720 5000kbps
    Medium:1280x720 3800kbps
    low:1152x648 2800kbps
    Moblie:960x540 1500kbps

This would solve the problem of the massive reduction of quality seen between a streamers source and high quality and…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Playback Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. The ad is way too loud comparing to the volume I set for the stream

The ad is way too LOUD comparing to the volume I set for the stream
    I think it wouldn't be a problem to balance the volume between the stream and ads
    Hope I don't need to be scared anymore soon.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Quality options for non-partners

Exactly what it says

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. More video quality options for partnered streams.

Some time ago Twitch increased the bitrate cap on streams to 6,000 kbps per second (Source quality), however started causing a lot of buffering to people that either live too far away from any Twitch server (due to all the routing) or to people who do not have a fast connection.

That wouldn't be that much of a problem if the 'High' video quality option wasn't set to such a low bitrate (around 1,200 kbps), which is around 360p and makes everything blurry and pixelated.

I was hoping this was just some temporary thing that Twitch was testing with big…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. non stop buffering

every stream i try to watch buffers non stop every 5 seconds or less to no avail it even gets to the point where the stream wont play at all and buffers for a solid half hour i have tried everything i can think to make it stop but nothing works i havnt been able to enjoy a stream for 4 days and it makes me so sad and upset that i cant enjoy my favorite streamers please fix it im begging you

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Buffering sucks

No seriously if I wanted to watch a little circle go round and round, this place would be perfect. Instead Twitch promises to let me watch streams of games and DOESNT FIX THE DAMN BUFFERING. Maybe just maybe if you're going to claim people can watch games you should do SOMETHING! LITERAL DAMN ANYTHING ABOUT THE BUFFERING!

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Video Performance

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base