Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Video Performance

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Video Performance

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

180 results found

1. As much as every other platform not just Twitch the lack of information for those who stream at other aspect ratios rather than 16:9 is lacking to non-existing.

It would be nice to have more support for those content creators who do not follow the standard.

The best example would be in my case is when streaming at 1080p my stream width is 2560 and not 1920.
    This effect the stream in ways that sometimes it shows and sometimes it's just a black screen (Reported by viewers)

Better support for other aspect ratios rather than 16:9
    Better docs to support…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. FIX The video download was cancelled. Please try again. (Error #1000) ERROR

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Similarly to what YouTube does, I'd like to see an option to watch a 16:10 content without the black bars. Either auto-switch or manually.
    There are a lot of us who have such monitors and having to play windowed or at full-screen mode at lower resolution only to avoid the side black bars on Twitch, is not comfortable.
    Cheers!

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Error 2000 in my experience has been due to the Anti-tracking software I use. This makes the stream crash and quit playing. You need to refresh to get the stream going again. Usually this will cause an ad to play as soon as it is refreshed but not always in my experience. Anti-tracking software does not prevent other streaming websites to run smoothly for me, only Twitch. On my latest Twitch watching stint, my Anti-tracking software shows 13 advertising trackers blocked, 3 site analytics trackers blocked, and 0 essential trackers blocked. My Anti-tracking software states that essential trackers are critical…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Restart the player fast and remember the chat history if a playback/stream crashes.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. We just need one Indian server , we all are streaming from Singaporean servers and its really frustating to get lags just because of it.

I really hope you're working on it.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Servers  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Here in India, we don't have twitch prime and also we don't have any twitch server even though India is one the largest marketing countries. Lack of services in india forces them to move to YouTube for live streaming. Nearest server from india in Hong Kong and you need a really really good internet to just stream. Streaming on twitch is almost impossible for Indians.

Closest server to mumbai is in France, marsielle, which has bandwidth of 3500 kbps and ping is 130ms, quality is 60.

Please do something help Indian streamers out there.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Servers  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. While watching a stream if I leave a stream up for an extended amount of time I will sometimes come back to the video player ui having been frozen and unresponsive. I will hover over and click the player buttons without a response, additionally the hotkeys for the different player actions will also not work, spacebar for pausing and m for mute. I couldn't find anyone elses account on this issue.

Sidenote - This is for live broadcasts in particular

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Why is twitch still using a codec from 20 years ago. using nvenc h.264 i can barely stream 720p60. using nvenc h.265 on youtube same bitrate i get flawless 1080p60 stream. on twitch with h.264 cant see nothing but blocks not pixels if i try 1080p.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. On macOS Ventura/Sonoma (May affect earlier versions and is on Apple Silicon) using the latest stable build of Safari, after watching a Twitch stream for so long, it either pauses or brings up the error refresh button or I am forced to refresh the page as a whole.

This has persisted over several formats of the entire system and seems to randomly happen with no consistency, it can happen every 5 minutes or even 60 seconds-ish or sometimes not happen at all although rare.

I have tested this with and without extensions as well as enabling all Preview features in…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Twtich server upgrade so also more bitrate upload and users pay a small pocket money for this :)

You know it from server hosters "You want more upload or more storage, then rent at Twitch-Turbo the server package" For +5,90$ or 9,90$ you can upload and stream up to 13K/ 15K.
    So Twitch would have less problems with the costs and who does not want to pay such a server upgrade remains with Free and 6-8K upload depending on Twitch contract.

Possible would be this Year, because it's time for an Upgrade at Twitch :)
    YT has long been at…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. After a brief "spike" in the connectivity that causes buffering (often at twitch end) there is no way to "recover" the buffer.
    Reducing delays between streamer and viewer is obviously a good thing that Twitch has worked to minimise, however, being suddenly thrown tens of seconds behind "real time" because of a spike offers no means of recovery - one can refresh the page and lose those 30 seconds of content, however, it would be nice if there was an option to "speed up" playback by 1-5% so that the delay is eroded until we catch back up with minimum…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. When watching a stream, especially in Low Latency mode, the stream pauses and buffers every now and again, usually first after just few minutes (despite 1 Gbit connection) and after a few of those, the audio and video fall out of sync, quite noticably.
    The fix is to either refresh the whole page (long way, losing chat) or toggle the Low Latency toggle off and on, which fixes it for some time.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Hallo,
    Ich wurde hierher verwiesen vom Twitch Support...
    Es geht darum, dass es eine Vielzahl von Vodafone DE Kunden gibt, die mit Twitch extreme Probleme haben: Schwankende Bitrate, kaum Bitrate... Ich bin ebenso betroffen. Ich hab 40 Mbit/s im Upload und kann original nicht streamen weil die Bitrate extrem schwankt. Da es früher mit VPNs gut funktioniert hat und immer noch mit "restream.io" teilweise funktioniert, ist offenbar die Peering-Schnittstelle mit Vodafone DE (AS3209) überlastet. Dadurch kommt auch, dass Streams immer wieder buffern müssen.

Ich wäre Ihnen sehr verbunden, wenn Sie endlich was gegen die Probleme mit Vodafone DE machen würden.…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. go ahead and let the users begin streaming more than full hd and selected frame rate videos like 720@244/120fps let the user choose resolution and frame rate above 60

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. As high frame rate monitors become the norm in the gaming space, it seems reasonable to assume that viewers would be excited to watch their favorite creators at smoother frame rates that reflect the intensity of actual footage. In addition, the release of more powerful, yet affordable, hardware has made this accessible to more creators as well. Higher resolution is already a standard to video streaming in pre-recorded formats (capped at lower frame rates), while the norm for most of gamers remains 1080p. This is a debatable topic but the priority in many popular titles is that smoother, high FPS…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. It's extremely annoying to have videos and streams that haven't been specifically selected to just start playing when accessing the site home page or visiting a channel.
    Add an EASY TO LOCATE toggle so these auto play options are PERMANENTY disabled.

I come here to watch what I CHOOSE to watch, and NOT what ever garbage you want to pollute my eyes and ears with.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Santiago and Buenos Aires servers are with low performance. not able to reach 6000kbps. Tested with several ISP and none hits 6k and red light are on while streamin. This came like a week ago. Before that everything worked fine, i think you're limiting speed. The are working worst than brazilian servers that are miles and miles away, While Santiago server is like 80 miles away works awful

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Servers  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Adding transcoding options for streamers, departed by tiers as in

Tier 1 Non-affiliated, affiliated but non-partnered, transcoding up to 720p h.264

Tier 2 Affiliated transcoding up 1080p h.264

Tier 3 Partnered transcoding up ton 1440p with higher scaled upload bandwith, utilizing h.265 or HVEC

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. With as common as different aspect ratios are getting, it'd be nice if ratios other than 16:9 were supported by the player on the site. This would let the growing number of ultrawide screens have more utilization.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?