Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Video Performance

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Video Performance

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

183 results found

1. If a small streamer reaches 3 of the 4 "Path To Affiliate" Achievements/Requirements that should make all the Video Quality options (240p,360p,480p,720p) etc be available the next time the streamer goes live. That way if the streamer is putting in the time, work, effort to grow, they have a better chance of gaining followers that will lead them to Partner status. At this rate all starting smaller streamers and streamers that haven't yet reached Partner are forced to mulitstream just so we have viewable options for viewers on low bandwidth internet and 4G / 5G connections. I feel like "Path…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. When a vod has a muted section, the video often stops when changing between muted and unmuted sections. The video timer keeps running, but the audio/video is fozen. (firefox/windows)

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I am re-re-reposting this as you closed the ticket without addressing the issues I raised!

1) Getting an increasing number of video playback cancelled error messages while watching twitch. - I have use the cog to report more times than I can count but the issue is not getting resolved!

2) I would use the contact support feature but your bot is too stupid to understand me and sends me unrelated replies. - Not addressed!

3) don't close open tickets until you have solved and address the issues, its plan rude and stops people up voting if they are having…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 9:16 for mobile game and live cam

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add the option for users to select which relay/ingest server to use( if they need to)
    This solves most if not all issues with dropped frames which are a result of bad routing, some countries (in my case South Africa) has really bad routing to Twitch servers and without using a local relay/ingest server we cannot stream anything above 480p30fps (without experiencing massive dropped frames which make the stream unbearable to watch) which is the only reason I cannot use Twitch Studio over other platforms right now.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Servers  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Korean users are using ttv lol to watch in 1080p quality.

Other users bypass it and watch it in 1080p quality, but I don't know why the 720p limit was set.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I am a Korean Twitch user.

Not long ago, the maximum video quality for watching Twitch in Korea was fixed at 720p.

I heard that the reason was that the cost of using the network in Korea was a burden to the operation.

In addition, I understand that Korea's new network fee bill has made it even more burdensome.

Koreans fully understand this and are opposed to Korea's additional network usage fee bill.

As a result, there is a prevailing expectation that this bill will be difficult to pass due to opposition from the National Assembly even in Korea.

Anyway,…

84 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. At 11:00 (KST), I received a notification email that limit the video quality to 720p in Korea due to the network fee burden. Twitch should have informed Korean users at least a few weeks ago and had to come up with other alternatives. This is considered sufficiently discriminatory compared to global users. Please postpone these restrictions and come up with alternatives.

361 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Here's an idea, get your **** to work properly, and provide customer support for when your worthless dogshit doesn't work. This error 2000 ******** has clearly been a TWITCH PROBLEM FOR YEARS, while you do nothing about it and can't even be bothered to provide even the most basic customer support to solve the issue. I have no further use for twitch, since it doesn't work and twitch staff can't be bothered to do anything about it.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I have tested this bug thoroughly across many Xbox Consoles; If a live stream has a screen resolution of 1156p or 1440p, the app will immediately freeze and crash to the Home Screen for the Xbox Console.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. to decrease the overall bandwidth cost

You could increase the bitrate for partners at 15000
    keep the same limit of bitrate for the affiliate at 8000

and for a new channel put it at 15000 for a limited time (in condition to have regular viewership and people talking in chat)

and having regular viewer being able to boost the channel popularity with channel points was also really good !

you also can reduce the maximum quality for new streamers to 720p 30fps
    and unlock the vod feature only for affiliate and partners but propose to link a youtube account for…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Do NOT introduce P2P (peer to peer)!
    Do NOT continue with your testing of this in Korea or ANYWHERE!
    You will expose our IP Address's!
    You will expose us ALL to being hacked!
    You can not be this irresponsible!
    If you use P2P you will be putting EVERYONE at risk!
    This will be the end of Twitch.
    It only takes one successful hack!

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Servers  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. There are many users like myself that have multiple monitors. My primary monitor utilizes HDR while my secondary monitors both do not. Twitch will auto-enable HDR site viewing even though I open the page on a monitor without the HDR ability simply because my primary monitor does have HDR enabled. This makes the site unviewable on either of my satellite monitors and after hours of testing, is found to be limited to Twitch itself. Other websites are able to switch between this without issue but due to various issues with the twitch website itself this feature doesn't seem to exist…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. This issue has been going on for months now.

Certain streams have been buffering until they are 8 - 10 seconds behind.
    It usually buffers 2 - 3 times, until the stream is 8 seconds behind, and then it runs with no more buffering.
    At first I thought it was just random streams, but after I posted about the issue on Reddit, someone pointed out that it's only happening on stream with less than ~100 viewers. Once a stream gets over 100 - 150 viewers, there's no more buffering.
    I usually watch stream with lower viewercounts, and interacting with the…

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Please actually update the android and iOS streaming to chromecast/device options. I'm watching a chill stream and its literally 240/360p for most of the time im sending to device even if they're standing completely still while grabbing a drink, its absolutely embarrassing a company of your size and supposed coding expertise can't figure out how to make "supported apps" run at a half decent resolution.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. When watching a stream, especially in Low Latency mode, the stream pauses and buffers every now and again, usually first after just few minutes (despite 1 Gbit connection) and after a few of those, the audio and video fall out of sync, quite noticably.
    The fix is to either refresh the whole page (long way, losing chat) or toggle the Low Latency toggle off and on, which fixes it for some time.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I have a chrome extension installed that allows me to change the speed of any video I watch. Due to this, I can always see the speed of videos in the top left corner. I've noticed that any time a stream I'm watching lags or I fall too far behind live, Twitch will automatically change the speed of the stream from 1x to 1.03x speed. I believe this is a good idea and the change in speed is small enough to not affect the video. However, this speed change DOES affect the audio and in the case of music streams,…

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. in the past, streams runs perfectly on desktop with no latency. now streams starts with latency and needs to pause / play to synchronize

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. It's extremely annoying to have videos and streams that haven't been specifically selected to just start playing when accessing the site home page or visiting a channel.
    Add an EASY TO LOCATE toggle so these auto play options are PERMANENTY disabled.

I come here to watch what I CHOOSE to watch, and NOT what ever garbage you want to pollute my eyes and ears with.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Santiago and Buenos Aires servers are with low performance. not able to reach 6000kbps. Tested with several ISP and none hits 6k and red light are on while streamin. This came like a week ago. Before that everything worked fine, i think you're limiting speed. The are working worst than brazilian servers that are miles and miles away, While Santiago server is like 80 miles away works awful

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Servers  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?