Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Video Performance

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Video Performance

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

1. increase the binary rate to have videos in 4K, current technology allows it and it would be necessary to evolve with the new sources and not to limit oneself to 1080p

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Transcodes / Bitrate  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Give a possibility to low internet speed, who can't watch source, to watch little streamers who don't have video quality selection.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Some of us have websites- eCom stores, information websites, etc. I have a PC hardware review website and would like to wish to integrate it just like Youtube. I wish Twitch had the tools that worked.

Twitch has embed code separately for viewing and chat. But it's rather a general code that has fixed width and height. You'd think a big platform like Twitch would have an official WordPress plugin with a responsive design. Also, plugins have better compatibility with WordPress.

There are plugins for Twitch, but they have long been discontinued. There are so many websites out there that…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    • Higher Bitrate: (Above 10.000, with video quality selector can be managed so if someone won't use that high download usage, he can tweak it), we still have a really low bitrate, and that force us try to tweak OBS to reach higher quality with lower CPU encoding speed. Still this is not a miracle, and 6000 bitrate is so limited (even if there is a trick to go beyond and reach 8000 bitrate).

• HDR: OBS doesn't support because it's not worth it nowadays since Twitch is not supporting it, but other platforms are starting to give a hint to this…

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. https://www.twitch.tv/zfg1 frequently has an error where everyone watching on desktop/web has to manually refresh the stream. He says he is running the latest version of OBS, and his chat says this happens to his stream more frequently than others (about once per 20/30 minutes).

65 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. For a lot of non-gaming content the doubling of bandwidth/vod size just isnt necessary, its the most economical way to stream or save broadcasts in a still acceptable quality. Removing it as an option while keeping 360 and 480 doesnt make sense (166 at least serves a purpose as a quasi-audio only option)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Your video player spikes my cpu useage every few seconds while desktop is idle. I have an i5 9600k and that should be more than enough. Browsers already have a use hardware acceleration where available option. You could default yours to hw acc off if you wanted to, but please give us the option to be able to change this setting or let the browser setting switch it. Thank you.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Playback Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. The video quality other than the (Source), the quality is really bad.

The source is: (720p 60fps) avc1.640020,mp4a.40. than is really good
    If I switch to (720p 60fps) (Non Source) avc1.4D401F,mp4a.40.2 the quality is really bad and the same for others

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add all presets for nvenc encoding. for example max quality encoding on Nvidia NVENC. Would be nice.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I would be happy in the future if the server capacity in Berlin, Kiel, Bremen, Rostock and Hamburg is increased, as there are increasing problems with the video output of the streams!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Servers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Twitch’s audience has multiplied in numbers since the Covid pandemic but the transcoding has increased to only higher transcoding rates. It has gotten worse for rural areas. Look to provide lower options more often.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Twitch transcoding has a few issues. It's not always available (especially to non-partners), and it is of low quality (which is understandable considering the number of streams Twitch has to provide this service for).

After the recent support of multiple audio streams (for VoD vs. live audio) I propose Twitch add support for sending multiple video streams on the mux to Twitch. This improves multiple issues:

• No requirement for streams to have, or be provided, transcoding options from Twitch's side
    • Higher quality viewing options for the client (broadcaster encoded streams of higher quality)
    • Reduced load on Twitch's transcoding servers
    • Broadcaster…
    5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Transcodes / Bitrate  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Bug report:

Context: I'm fullscreen on MacOS Safari, on a Twitch stream.

The Bug: Periodically, the playback controls UI, including the progress bar, appear without any user interaction. They should stay invisible unless I move my mouse.

The cause: That chat window seems to instigate this issue. If I go out of fullscreen mode, and hide the chat view, and go back to fullscreen, the issue no longer occurs.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Affiliates need quality options as a staple.
    As a trade-off, Only partners can stream at 1080p

Limit affiliates to 720p30 this will lighten the load on the overall bandwidth needed, allow more people to watch when they live in poor speed zones, it will also add a nice little perk for partners.

As an affiliate, I just started and stoped the stream until I got the options..
    I would have been happy with 720p30

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. With as common as different aspect ratios are getting, it'd be nice if ratios other than 16:9 were supported by the player on the site. This would let the growing number of ultrawide screens have more utilization.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Playback Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. During a live stream, could a viewer please choose any of the video statistics under Settings > Advanced > Video Stats, and have only that statistic pinned somewhere on the screen? In my mind it would show up like a running FPS counter in a video game, without having to keep the entire blocky chunk of Video Stats cutting off a huge section of the stream's video (and sometimes the streamer's webcam). For example I find myself constantly checking the "Latency to broadcaster" statistic whenever I watch any stream. I always want to know the delay between what I see…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Give viewers an option to change what resolution they watch a stream on EVERY channel, someone that is forced to watch a stream at 1080p but keeps buffering will go watch a channel that allows them to watch the stream at lower resolutions,(Which only partners channels can) bigger streamers will grow but smaller streamers lose viewership and will grow at a slower rate

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Transcodes / Bitrate  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. twitch should have india servers without them the live stream buffer and twitch should invite streamers so they can attract india's audience

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Servers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Hi, it's about time to move forward, i can see we have the ability to stream in 1440p but we can't increase the bitrate. Solution: AV1 encoding or please increase the bitrate for 1440p streams, thank you

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add more servers so more people can stream and stop prioritizing the larger streamers. How are smaller streamers supposed to grow if we cannot connect to the servers.
    I've been streaming nearly 3 years and never had a single issue until last year. I thought it was what I was using to stream, so I tried the twitch studio, and I'm still having issues. I have lowered my bitrate and frames. Still issues. Please add more servers.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Servers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?