Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Video Performance

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Video Performance

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

183 results found

1. Viewing live streams prompts an AntiVirus Warning that an embedded Security Certificate is currently expired. Warning reads: "attempted to establish a connection relying on an expired certificate to global.poe.live-video.net. We blocked the connection to keep your data safe since websites must renew their certificates with a certification authority to stay current, and outdated security certificates represent a risk."

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Error 2000 in my experience has been due to the Anti-tracking software I use. This makes the stream crash and quit playing. You need to refresh to get the stream going again. Usually this will cause an ad to play as soon as it is refreshed but not always in my experience. Anti-tracking software does not prevent other streaming websites to run smoothly for me, only Twitch. On my latest Twitch watching stint, my Anti-tracking software shows 13 advertising trackers blocked, 3 site analytics trackers blocked, and 0 essential trackers blocked. My Anti-tracking software states that essential trackers are critical…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Improve servers over big streamings events.

This is just logical, but it is quite frustrating that the platform literally looks the other way. I'm talking here about Spain particularily. Whenever some of the biggest streamers make a special streaming, or an event, the rest of the platform falls. And I mean all of it. The rest of streamers won't even have enough bandwidth to stream themselves, which honestly is insulting given how much benefits the platform registers over time. Fortify your servers or die trying, because this happens now more than ever, the rate is increasing and you are disabling…

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Servers  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. So, on desktop, when you click cogwheel -> "Advanced" -> "Video stats" - you will see advanced stats, such as the estimated latency, the number of skipped frames, the FPS, and so on.

Would be good to see the server the broadcaster is uploading to, and the server you are downloading from - would greatly help with reporting and/or solving connection issues. And since it'd be under "Advanced", the average user wouldn't see that, so it wouldn't generate a lot of complaints.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Servers  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. As I got informed by my ISP you changed provider locally for content distribution some weeks ago. Since that all the streams are laggy, buffering, stopping etc.. Using VPN would solve the issue but that shouldn't be a must have to watch streams.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Servers  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I've noticed that Twitch seems to have a major garbage collection problem. I use Firefox (97.0.1 currently).

Granted, I currently have 5 streams open with 4 of them tiled on my TV, however, the memory usage can be seen in excess of 10 GB.

When I do manual garbage collection via about:memory?verbose, it can drop back down to about 2-3 GB total usage on the main process with 5 streams open.

This sort of memory bloat only happens when I use Twitch. Firefox reports that the memory is under control (less than 1 GB total) in about:performance, but…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. As much as every other platform not just Twitch the lack of information for those who stream at other aspect ratios rather than 16:9 is lacking to non-existing.

It would be nice to have more support for those content creators who do not follow the standard.

The best example would be in my case is when streaming at 1080p my stream width is 2560 and not 1920.
    This effect the stream in ways that sometimes it shows and sometimes it's just a black screen (Reported by viewers)

Better support for other aspect ratios rather than 16:9
    Better docs to support…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. The vertical scrollbars on most pages don't extend to the edge of the window (Browser dev tools indicate a 2 pixel gap between scollbar and the edge). Which means that when the window is maximized, you can't just jam the cursor to the right of the screen and click to grab the scrollbar. You have to make effort to very carefully move the cursor into the extremely tiny 6 pixel wide scrollbar and then grab it.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I have found a concrete solution to the lag that causes many streamers the issue of the stream lagging when a stream is occurring and have written a small solution paper to address the solution.

Twitch Stream Lagging Solution

If you a gamer many people are engaged in streaming on one of the platforms
    for gaming such as twitch. The focus of this article is to hopefully provide an

insight into an issue which many people find after they’ve been streaming for
    a bit. Consider this, you finally got your status as paid in twitch and you’re

starting to get…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. There are routing problems between Egypt and Twitch EU servers that cause frame drops (A lot ) during live streams, by using restreaming platforms FPS drops is solved, however, I lose the perks I get from streaming directly to twitch such as (VODS audio track in OBS Chat extensions) and many others.

We would like Twitch to keep taking care of the MENA region.

69 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Servers  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Twtich server upgrade so also more bitrate upload and users pay a small pocket money for this :)

You know it from server hosters "You want more upload or more storage, then rent at Twitch-Turbo the server package" For +5,90$ or 9,90$ you can upload and stream up to 13K/ 15K.
    So Twitch would have less problems with the costs and who does not want to pay such a server upgrade remains with Free and 6-8K upload depending on Twitch contract.

Possible would be this Year, because it's time for an Upgrade at Twitch :)
    YT has long been at…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. This is more of a bug report rather than any sort of suggestion, but this seems like the most applicable place to post it.

I was running into error #3000 frequently when watching a particular VOD, and eventually realized that the errors were not occurring randomly, but at specific time stamps in the video. One solution was to disable my chrome browser's hardware acceleration, but that resulted in heavy tearing on the video no matter what my vsync and other related settings were set to. Eventually, I found the solution in the form of using chrome://flags to explicitly either

1)…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Hallo,
    Ich wurde hierher verwiesen vom Twitch Support...
    Es geht darum, dass es eine Vielzahl von Vodafone DE Kunden gibt, die mit Twitch extreme Probleme haben: Schwankende Bitrate, kaum Bitrate... Ich bin ebenso betroffen. Ich hab 40 Mbit/s im Upload und kann original nicht streamen weil die Bitrate extrem schwankt. Da es früher mit VPNs gut funktioniert hat und immer noch mit "restream.io" teilweise funktioniert, ist offenbar die Peering-Schnittstelle mit Vodafone DE (AS3209) überlastet. Dadurch kommt auch, dass Streams immer wieder buffern müssen.

Ich wäre Ihnen sehr verbunden, wenn Sie endlich was gegen die Probleme mit Vodafone DE machen würden.…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. For people with bad internet, I would like these users to be able to see the affiliate streams at a lower resolution or at least 30 fps, that way apart from helping people with bad connection it also helps the streamer to be known without that quality barrier.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. so ive been streaming from my home wifi and its not pretty good even if i conenct to singapore or australia and since they get their own server why not indonesia doesnt get a chance to get one to? it will 100% helps indonesian streamer with bad wifi like me and others

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Servers  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. A stream does not require 60FPS playback. Ever. It's a complete waste of bandwidth and should not even be an option. For people like me that have slower internet it makes it impossible to watch a lot of streamers. Many streamers don't even realize that they're streaming at 60 FPS and how it literally DOUBLES the bandwidth requirements but does not give any benefit to the quality of the stream. I wish Twitch would make the default 720p 30 FPS and allow some users to increase to 1080p 30FPS once they reach partner or something. Not only would this decrease…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add a streamer configurable delay from when stream is ended in software until stream ends on the website. It is already possible in some way as disconnection protection exsits but it would allow streamers to change ingest servers while they're live if one is currently experiencing issues.

Essentially just expand disconnection protection to all scenarios. If Twitch detects no feed, give us time to come back even if it is a delieberate disconnection. You can currently get lucky and see the NotLikeThis error screen when you disconnect normally and switch ingests but I'd like to see it be controlled.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Servers  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Vivo en una zona rural y las compañías restringen mi acceso a plataformas como la suya en las que soy usuario, mediante la limitación de datos por consumos que ellos consideran indebidos. Comprar juegos, ver series en Amazon prime, consumir Twitch, es para las compañías de mi país un uso indebido de la red. Sería importante su apoyo en nuestra relación con las operadoras, que entiendan la realidad del consumo de datos de un usuario medio que consume todos estos datos legalmente y muchas veces pagando por es contenido.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. The only servers at the moment in SA are located in Brazil. Even though we are in the same continent, that doesn't means that the connection would be great for those who use the servers. I'm from Chile and even though I have 600m/s upload connection I'm losing frames constantly. Adding a server for those who live to the South part(Chile, Argentina, Bolivia, Peru) could have at least one server in any of those countries and the North part can use the server at Brazil or add another server even more to the North.

741 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

60 comments  ·  Servers  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Since I only stream for 4 hours a week, I'll never see Partner in my future. However as an affiliate, we are not always guaranteed a transcodeable stream. I know I have viewers that can not even handle the 720P stream I'm pushing, but I don't want to bump my overall stream setting down for 2-3 viewers, leaving the other 100 with a lesser experience. Since I'm not in this for monetizing, I would welcome the ability to "purchase" the ability to transcode my streams with guaranteed ability like Partners have.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?