Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Video Performance

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Video Performance

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

180 results found

1. A way to reset or reset the video when it freezes without refreshing the whole page and losing the chat. This is especially important to moderators who might have to keep an eye on the chat but also need to refresh a frozen twitch video. Frankerfacez had a feature but it is lost with the new highwind player.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Dear Sirs,

I am from Karachi, Pakistan and I am unable to stream properly on twitch as i get high latency on it so please launch Middle east /Pakistani servers for twitch. Due to the unavailability of these servers. I am either directed to Mumbai, Singapore or EU servers on which i get 140ms plus ping if there will be middle east servers. I will be getting around 10 to 40ms ping which would be perfectly fine for low latency streams.

As Pakistan is the 6th most populated country in the world and the increase in gamers/streamers in Pakistan is…

98 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

38 comments  ·  Servers  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. When in dark mode and the streamer disconnects I am blasted with the White and purple disconnect image. Make a version that detects if I have dark mode enable IE grey or black and purple so I don't lose my eyes when a sudden flash of white light burns my retinas.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I can't speak for everyone, but 160p is by far the worst looking, and sounding, quality. For those with terrible internet speeds, that's fine, but I'm totally fine with my video 30 seconds behind the streamer over this terrible quality that's coming in regardless of what quality I put it at (as it automatically downgrades to 160p if it can't handle it, heavens forbid we put you 15 seconds behind the streamer). I just want the ability to tell twitch on my side, once and for all, NO 160P QUALITY FOR ME.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. the x265 encoder is barely mainstream right now, it doubles the quality at half the cost. it would be nice to cut the bitrate value in half while maintaining the same quality, making streams much easier to watch, especially for those who have slow internet, and especially for those who don't get quality options.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Please add SRT (Secure Reliable Transport) support for ingress traffic. https://github.com/Haivision/srt

59 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Remove the stream viewer options setings from the streamer. Set it globally at all times for all channels to the viewer to choose the quality 1080p, 720p, 360p, and 160p. It is a well known fact not everyone has a connection that can handle 1080p and 720p. When you remove the option from the viewers you're also setting a precedent that you only want fast connections to connect. Undermining your business bottom line. Streamers never should be able to determine which quality the viewer needs.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. this would allow video quality options to spread out more evenly rather than just the 5 100K streamers. i would prefer either, but if 720p was reserved as the middle man for anything above 1080p that'd be great thanks!

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. After a brief "spike" in the connectivity that causes buffering (often at twitch end) there is no way to "recover" the buffer.
    Reducing delays between streamer and viewer is obviously a good thing that Twitch has worked to minimise, however, being suddenly thrown tens of seconds behind "real time" because of a spike offers no means of recovery - one can refresh the page and lose those 30 seconds of content, however, it would be nice if there was an option to "speed up" playback by 1-5% so that the delay is eroded until we catch back up with minimum…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. When watching a stream (or VOD), the existing quality options are fantastic! But sometimes I wish I could tell auto what aspect of the stream I want prioritized and just let it pick what's best for that priority.

I imagine a submenu that says

Auto > Prefer:

• Quality (default): Whatever looks good at my current player dimensions and my computer and internet connection can handle.

• Low latency: Even if it sometimes means I see a lower quality image for a while, I care about every millisecond. Find the fastest quality level that my internet connection and/or PC can reliably decode

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Please please give us either more widely available transcoding, or an audio only mode across all devices(aka pc&mac)

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. It would be great if you guys could set an African, or South African, server up at some point in the not-too-distant future. I live in South Africa and have a really hard time streaming to any of the EU, let alone the NA or Asian ones. Currently YouTube has streaming servers here but it just isn't the same streaming to YouTube Gaming. The Twitch community is what makes it what it is and not being able to run a stable stream from here in South Africa turns so many would-be streamers away from potential bright futures on Twitch.tv. We…

726 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

114 comments  ·  Servers  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I've been uploading old vods for the purpose of vodcasting on a channel I'm editor for for the last week, and long muted sections have been a recurring problem. It takes hours to upload and process a vod, just to find out that long sections are muted and there's nothing I can do about them at vodcast time.

Some suggestions
    1. When vods are vodcasted, play them unmuted (since they aren't archived anyway and are essentially canned live broadcasts)
    2. Allow a way to quickly remove muted sections from a vod
    3. Provide editors the ability to fast-forward through vods…

47 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Planned  ·  Kevin Pan responded

Agreed that the muting experience is not ideal right now. We will look into this, but lots of things to build and improve for Twitch VODs.

14. From April 19th on, Deutsche Telekom will offer zero-rating in germany (much like 'Binge On' by T-Mobile US).
    Twitch's parent company, Amazon, already is a partner (with Amazon Prime Video) from day 1. YouTube will also be a partner from day 1.

I enjoy watching twitch while on the train, but it eats LOTS of data - this would greatly help, as fast LTE is usually no problem. This will also get you parity with 'YT Gaming' in this regard - the twitch mobile app is much better than YT Gaming in general, but the zero-rated 1080p stream wins...

96 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. My internet is not that bad, but it spikes alot, so i tend to watch on medium to high. But with this autosetting, when i dont have spikes for 15 seconds it gives Source quality and instantly after fist spikes it goes into buffer and sometimes it even loads ad after buffering

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. To put it simple: I'd like to stream my 1080p60 gameplay in better quality.

My guess is that everyone would like to do it.

For example: YouTube Gaming's recommended bitrate ranges from 4,500 to 9,000 kbps for 1080p60. Here we can use up to 3,100 without having fear that the stream will stutter a lot for the viewers.

Would be awesome if we could get it here as well. Along with Quality options.

As a NON-partner.

Give us a chance to grow our channels with quality from the beginning.

301 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. What I am talking about is not a advanced server-side, multiple-algorithm thing like youtube has. I mean a simple set of algorithms to halve frame rate and quarter resolution. This would be most useful to those with slow-ish connections who watch lower-popularity streams but do not care much about the quality. Firstly, you could use a simple calculation that took the R, G, and B values for a given pixel, then dividied up onscreen pixels into clusters of four and average each value, than take the given value and make it an entire pixel. Even a low-end graphics card can…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. First of all, forgive my mistakes in English is not my native language. I made this in two languages to make more people able to vote for this.

/////////////////////////////////////////

Primero de todo, disculpar mis errores en inglés, no es mi lenguaje nativo. He hecho esto en dos idiomas para poder conseguir que más gente que vote esta iniciativa. La petición en español se encuentra debajo de la explicación en inglés.

EXPLANATION IN ENGLISH.

Dear staff of Twitch.tv,

it’s been a little time for me doing live broadcasts and I would like to address an issue that I been thinking closely…

142 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. At the moment, both the Twitch homepage and the actual streaming servers are only reachable over the old IPv4. As there already are providers which only connect their users with DualStack-Lite (this means, IPv6 native and IPv4 over a relatively slow tunnel protocol), it would be good for bandwith-expensive websites like twitch to be reachable over IPv6 - for both the homepage and the streaming servers.

118 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I understand people can't watch HQ streams because they have low internet speed but it's not fair for those who can.Games have a lot of foliage which makes the game look very bad.

197 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 5 6 7 9 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?