Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Video Performance

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Video Performance

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

1. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Some of my videos work just fine on a rerun but some (including one of our best gaming experiences ever!) start to rerun but audio becomes separated from video and the rerun just stops at a specific point during the rerun.

The VOD itself for the selected video is fine, without the above issues experienced during a rerun.

I've downloaded and uploaded the VOD but this has not fixed the issue when re-running.

Is anybody else experiencing this problem and to the Devs, is there a fix?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Playback Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I'm an affiliate trying to grow on Twitch. I have numerous people come into my channel asking why 720P isn't available as 1080p is too strong for their bandwidth.

It's making me lose potential followers and its pretty annoying. 720P should not be locked behind becoming a partner especially when it is potentially stopping people from getting closer to partner.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. We want servers in africa and the middle east to solve broadcast problems and quality content.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Theres everything from .25x to 2x, and sometimes 2x is just a tad too fast to comprehend, 1.75x would be perfect.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Playback Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. so i was signed in watching video along with stream it his facecam part stopped/laggged out, so i refreshed stream but when it reloaded viewing party option was gone for me i even restarted pc and tried from phone and signing out and seeing if it showed as a watch party there but it didnt just as just chatting catagory. i couldnt even search for viewing part catagory on twitch.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. India is probably one of the biggest markets for anything related to digital content consumption and VOD industry. Twitch has no market share here because of the simple reason new streamers doesn't get any transcoding. Twitch can be huge and beat fellow platforms if they start with some specific policies for the Indian Subcontinents including payments in local currency. However that all should start with transcoding hours and local data centers so that the viewers are able to watch the content with limited data.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. As high frame rate monitors become the norm in the gaming space, it seems reasonable to assume that viewers would be excited to watch their favorite creators at smoother frame rates that reflect the intensity of actual footage. In addition, the release of more powerful, yet affordable, hardware has made this accessible to more creators as well. Higher resolution is already a standard to video streaming in pre-recorded formats (capped at lower frame rates), while the norm for most of gamers remains 1080p. This is a debatable topic but the priority in many popular titles is that smoother, high FPS…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Make settings and help obvious please .Currently I try everything to make sound work and it doesn happen some videos have sound some dont like gripsed Strange frankpjones@gmail.com .
    How do I fix this please

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Switch to IPV6, there are a lot of Streamer who have a lot of Trouble since some ISP are switching to IPV6 and DS-lite, so you have a lot of trouble with Paketloss through the IPV6->IPV4 Tunnel.
    Guys its 2020 time to chance to the much better IPV6, many User would love the possibillity to enter your Server via IPV6.
    you will get much batter latency, quality, and Streaming Performance.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Prevents unnecessary blur from the filtering applied when resizing the video. Great for retro game streamers using integer scaling.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Playback Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Hello

Arround 450 video
    And the VIDEO PRODUCER have to be rework totaly

In my case :
    - ITs lagy (the engin have to charge the 450 video before i can work in the section
    (So why i was impact when i want work or edit my new 2020 video by the past 2015 video ... charging, lagging, and wasting my time because the page was unusable at this tile
    - Unusable time charging all video ...
    - when you want organise its too slow, and unusable because you have to drag and drop ... and the memory cant follow…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. You could consider separating the video quality settings from audio quality settings, since audio quality is far more important than video for some content.
    There are Music and Performance streams and such where we're interested in listening to the sound more that looking at text / faces / fine details.

• New show hosts frequently receive advice to invest in buying better audio equipment to improve audio quality before looking to buy more expensive cameras. This is because people will tolerate bad video in a show much more than bad audio (although 160p is still kinda bad).

• I've listened to several…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. My idea is the possibility to select en "HIGHEST quality preference when auto quality mode is active" in order to reduce the number of times it tries to get to a higher quality but my connexion CAN'T follow the flux OR to reduce my flux when my stream raid another one.

The goal is to:
    1) reduce the risk of buffering
    2) automatically reduce bandwith consumption (it can't get higher than 480p for example) when i don't need more and i'm too far to reduce it [ecological measure]

Most of the time i look games which don't need HIGH quality…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. hi I can't seem to get all the video collections to load on channels I'm subscribed to like Critical Role for example. I know they have a video collection for campaign two but I can't get more then 4 collections to load and campaign 2 is not one of them. Same is true for geek and sundry, wednesday club. Also this seems to be a website/desktop(pc) issue I think because I can get the collections to load no problem on my android twitch app, so what is going on?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. We all know that AVC has issues with efficiency an HEVC is basically dead.
    A more modern codec would not only be great for streamers and high definition content, it would also potentially reduce the load on the servers.

Benefits with AV1:
    - It's open source so no license costs like HEVC
    - It's much more efficient than AVC and even HEVC

Benefits of Opus:
    - Basically the same as AV1

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Mixer has a current bitrate limit of more than 10,000 and YouTube has no bitrate limit. When will the bitrate limit be increased from the current 6000 to at least 10000? How does Twitch want to remain qualitatively competitive in the future?

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Have a setting to record when streaming is started along with the ability to have overlay parts hidden from recording.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. The video player will buffer causing a long "Latency To Broadcaster" when the streamer has intermittent connectivity issues. For desktop streamers this is usually not a problem. This is a nuisance for viewers watching IRL streamers who are streaming on less reliable mobile connections. Who wants to watch a stream where the "Latency To Broadcaster" is over 30s? or even 10s?

I have to open the "Video Stats" menu with every stream I watch to keep an eye on the "Latency To Broadcaster" to make sure I'm not too far behind the live stream. Nothing wrong with my internet connection.…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Start playing nice with VPNs. I use a paid VPN and I am constantly being disconnected from the chat and missing out on chat logs. The video also randomly disconnects. I watch other streaming services and this does not happen.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?