Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Video Performance

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Video Performance

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

180 results found

1. j ai un probleme avec l encodeur ducoup je peux pas regarder un stream plus de 5 min avant que sa bug

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Why have a cog button for reporting these issues if you never fix them?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. When a vod has a muted section, the video often stops when changing between muted and unmuted sections. The video timer keeps running, but the audio/video is fozen. (firefox/windows)

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I am re-re-reposting this as you closed the ticket without addressing the issues I raised!

1) Getting an increasing number of video playback cancelled error messages while watching twitch. - I have use the cog to report more times than I can count but the issue is not getting resolved!

2) I would use the contact support feature but your bot is too stupid to understand me and sends me unrelated replies. - Not addressed!

3) don't close open tickets until you have solved and address the issues, its plan rude and stops people up voting if they are having…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. All of the channels i go to have buffering issue when Quality is above 720p to 1080p just happen near the end of the week this is why i switch to twitch desktop app didn't have this issue in that twitch app not sure what the solution is

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Additionally, it should NEVER choose any other quality than the last selected. It is utterly annoying having to change quality, reload the page and then make sure the quality doesn't change on it's own, before getting to watch streams.

104 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Here's an idea, get your **** to work properly, and provide customer support for when your worthless dogshit doesn't work. This error 2000 ******** has clearly been a TWITCH PROBLEM FOR YEARS, while you do nothing about it and can't even be bothered to provide even the most basic customer support to solve the issue. I have no further use for twitch, since it doesn't work and twitch staff can't be bothered to do anything about it.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 9:16 for mobile game and live cam

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I've seen to other players that you can minimize the player to run over the desktop and you can do whatever anything else. The player is resizeable and runs as primary over the program/game you're using. Like for example you can play some game and watch a movie in a part of the screen. Would be a nice idea to do on twitch too

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add the option for users to select which relay/ingest server to use( if they need to)
    This solves most if not all issues with dropped frames which are a result of bad routing, some countries (in my case South Africa) has really bad routing to Twitch servers and without using a local relay/ingest server we cannot stream anything above 480p30fps (without experiencing massive dropped frames which make the stream unbearable to watch) which is the only reason I cannot use Twitch Studio over other platforms right now.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Servers  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. When watching a stream, especially in Low Latency mode, the stream pauses and buffers every now and again, usually first after just few minutes (despite 1 Gbit connection) and after a few of those, the audio and video fall out of sync, quite noticably.
    The fix is to either refresh the whole page (long way, losing chat) or toggle the Low Latency toggle off and on, which fixes it for some time.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Error 2000 in my experience has been due to the Anti-tracking software I use. This makes the stream crash and quit playing. You need to refresh to get the stream going again. Usually this will cause an ad to play as soon as it is refreshed but not always in my experience. Anti-tracking software does not prevent other streaming websites to run smoothly for me, only Twitch. On my latest Twitch watching stint, my Anti-tracking software shows 13 advertising trackers blocked, 3 site analytics trackers blocked, and 0 essential trackers blocked. My Anti-tracking software states that essential trackers are critical…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. In you have the a streamers page open.

And the streamer goes live

The stream does not autostart

This is related to https://github.com/twitchdev/issues/issues/235

Possible related notes exist on BlueLava's desk

461 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I'd like to report the bug the appeared this past month whereby it takes 4 (four) click attempts to get a live stream to play! As I user, I'm fed up with both the bug that didn't exist before last month (November, 2022). Please fix this.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. As the streaming industry embraces new technology, alongside increased internet speed standards, I would love for Twitch to adopt full transcoding for all active streamers as well as an increase in the bitrate cap to 10k.

The current issue with the 6k bitrate cap for non-partners is inherently-lowered viewer experience. Viewers are consistently looking for superior quality streams as the first impression of long-term engagement and retention, which the current 6k bitrate cap severely inhibits due to automatic pixelation for high-movement games such as FPS. Since partners have the automatic 8-8.5k bitrate cap increase, this gives partnered content creators an…

96 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I have tested this bug thoroughly across many Xbox Consoles; If a live stream has a screen resolution of 1156p or 1440p, the app will immediately freeze and crash to the Home Screen for the Xbox Console.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I can't watch anything on Twitch on my Apple devices (Mac, iPad, Apple TV) due to frequent audio/video desynchronisation, like (nearly) every time I try to watch something, and sometimes a several seconds difference between audio and video.

And, for the record, Netflix, Prime Video, Disney+, Apple TV+ and YouTube (nearly) never exhibit this issue, I can only remember YouTube occasionally being slightly out-of-sync, like once every several hundred videos.

Please fix!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. to decrease the overall bandwidth cost

You could increase the bitrate for partners at 15000
    keep the same limit of bitrate for the affiliate at 8000

and for a new channel put it at 15000 for a limited time (in condition to have regular viewership and people talking in chat)

and having regular viewer being able to boost the channel popularity with channel points was also really good !

you also can reduce the maximum quality for new streamers to 720p 30fps
    and unlock the vod feature only for affiliate and partners but propose to link a youtube account for…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. It's extremely annoying to have videos and streams that haven't been specifically selected to just start playing when accessing the site home page or visiting a channel.
    Add an EASY TO LOCATE toggle so these auto play options are PERMANENTY disabled.

I come here to watch what I CHOOSE to watch, and NOT what ever garbage you want to pollute my eyes and ears with.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Santiago and Buenos Aires servers are with low performance. not able to reach 6000kbps. Tested with several ISP and none hits 6k and red light are on while streamin. This came like a week ago. Before that everything worked fine, i think you're limiting speed. The are working worst than brazilian servers that are miles and miles away, While Santiago server is like 80 miles away works awful

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Servers  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?