Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Video Performance

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Video Performance

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

183 results found

1. This is more of a bug report rather than any sort of suggestion, but this seems like the most applicable place to post it.

I was running into error #3000 frequently when watching a particular VOD, and eventually realized that the errors were not occurring randomly, but at specific time stamps in the video. One solution was to disable my chrome browser's hardware acceleration, but that resulted in heavy tearing on the video no matter what my vsync and other related settings were set to. Eventually, I found the solution in the form of using chrome://flags to explicitly either

1)…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. When tabbing out, there is a "feature" to reduce resolution, but causes the stream to stutter, pause, and skip around when coming back to normal when the video is tabbed out, or in the background. Please allow us to turn off this "feature" tabbing out to do moderation, or check on something then missing something that happened, like an alert, or action in the game is a terrible "feature" when the stream tries to catch up.

51 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. A stream does not require 60FPS playback. Ever. It's a complete waste of bandwidth and should not even be an option. For people like me that have slower internet it makes it impossible to watch a lot of streamers. Many streamers don't even realize that they're streaming at 60 FPS and how it literally DOUBLES the bandwidth requirements but does not give any benefit to the quality of the stream. I wish Twitch would make the default 720p 30 FPS and allow some users to increase to 1080p 30FPS once they reach partner or something. Not only would this decrease…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add a streamer configurable delay from when stream is ended in software until stream ends on the website. It is already possible in some way as disconnection protection exsits but it would allow streamers to change ingest servers while they're live if one is currently experiencing issues.

Essentially just expand disconnection protection to all scenarios. If Twitch detects no feed, give us time to come back even if it is a delieberate disconnection. You can currently get lucky and see the NotLikeThis error screen when you disconnect normally and switch ingests but I'd like to see it be controlled.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Servers  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Since I only stream for 4 hours a week, I'll never see Partner in my future. However as an affiliate, we are not always guaranteed a transcodeable stream. I know I have viewers that can not even handle the 720P stream I'm pushing, but I don't want to bump my overall stream setting down for 2-3 viewers, leaving the other 100 with a lesser experience. Since I'm not in this for monetizing, I would welcome the ability to "purchase" the ability to transcode my streams with guaranteed ability like Partners have.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 1080p 30fps instead of just 1080p 60fps (Source) will be great for people with limited internet connection, you can experience quality of video similar to source but at HALF THE BANDWIDTH.

Right now there is option for 720p, 720p60, 1080p60 (Source)
    Just add an option like 720p, 720p60, 1080p, 1080p60 (Source)

I have watched people who actually stream at 1080p30 it is a better experience than 720p60.

70 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Sometimes I find myself in a place or location where my internet connection isn't great, I'm sure I'm not alone and it doesn't make sense that you can't reduce the resolution. Why is this even a restriction? I want to support and enjoy certain smaller streamers and find myself not being able to for this reason

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Twitch transcoding has a few issues. It's not always available (especially to non-partners), and it is of low quality (which is understandable considering the number of streams Twitch has to provide this service for).

After the recent support of multiple audio streams (for VoD vs. live audio) I propose Twitch add support for sending multiple video streams on the mux to Twitch. This improves multiple issues:

• No requirement for streams to have, or be provided, transcoding options from Twitch's side
    • Higher quality viewing options for the client (broadcaster encoded streams of higher quality)
    • Reduced load on Twitch's transcoding servers
    • Broadcaster…
    13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. so ive been streaming from my home wifi and its not pretty good even if i conenct to singapore or australia and since they get their own server why not indonesia doesnt get a chance to get one to? it will 100% helps indonesian streamer with bad wifi like me and others

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Servers  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. During a live stream, could a viewer please choose any of the video statistics under Settings > Advanced > Video Stats, and have only that statistic pinned somewhere on the screen? In my mind it would show up like a running FPS counter in a video game, without having to keep the entire blocky chunk of Video Stats cutting off a huge section of the stream's video (and sometimes the streamer's webcam). For example I find myself constantly checking the "Latency to broadcaster" statistic whenever I watch any stream. I always want to know the delay between what I see…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I find myself becoming ineffective as a Mod when my buffer slips to 20 and 30 seconds long. Any time the stream from the channels I mod gets laggy I find myself seriously behind Real Time. While reloading the page can help with this, every time I do I miss large chunks of stream time, possibly missing relevant contextual information for knowing when to Allow or Override the AutoMod. (When AutoMod catches the message "Oh look, its Captain D i c k!" it's relevant for me to quickly know that a man named D i c k was just introduced…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Adding transcoding options for streamers, departed by tiers as in

Tier 1 Non-affiliated, affiliated but non-partnered, transcoding up to 720p h.264

Tier 2 Affiliated transcoding up 1080p h.264

Tier 3 Partnered transcoding up ton 1440p with higher scaled upload bandwith, utilizing h.265 or HVEC

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. We need serious attention done to this error which is causing problems for so many small-time streamers who do not have the resources or knowledge to find out why this error appears. This is one of the most persistent and problematic errors that MUST be addressed by Twitch in a real SERIOUS way!

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. For people with bad internet, I would like these users to be able to see the affiliate streams at a lower resolution or at least 30 fps, that way apart from helping people with bad connection it also helps the streamer to be known without that quality barrier.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Vivo en una zona rural y las compañías restringen mi acceso a plataformas como la suya en las que soy usuario, mediante la limitación de datos por consumos que ellos consideran indebidos. Comprar juegos, ver series en Amazon prime, consumir Twitch, es para las compañías de mi país un uso indebido de la red. Sería importante su apoyo en nuestra relación con las operadoras, que entiendan la realidad del consumo de datos de un usuario medio que consume todos estos datos legalmente y muchas veces pagando por es contenido.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. H265 is much better on the newer RX 6k AMD GPUs please add this and maybe a 10k bitrate for 1080p streams. 6-8k is just not enuf and H264 is outdated and looks bad on AMD GPUs.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Hi!
    I'm a small streamer from EU speaking english only. This means my viewers are from many different countries and sadly some countries have poor internet.
    I've had many complains in my chat about the lack of options for video-quality, since it is laggy and loading alot for my viewers with poor internet performance.

My suggestion is that atleast ONE low-quality option should be available beside the source-quality. This would satisfy many viewers and also make it easier/more optimal to keep the viewers at the channel of a small streamer.
    What happens is that the viewer will simply go to…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. With as common as different aspect ratios are getting, it'd be nice if ratios other than 16:9 were supported by the player on the site. This would let the growing number of ultrawide screens have more utilization.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Make the adaptive bitrate streaming work such that non focused players reduce the stream to audio only.
    For mobile applications which are SPAs this would translate into background (that is not picture-in-picture) and foreground (or picture-in-picture)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. FIX The video download was cancelled. Please try again. (Error #1000) ERROR

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?